• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Does a believer still possess a carnal mind

Active
Jesus made me holy and perfect when he saved me
Perfection only comes through sanctification and that through the words of God. John 17:17 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."
Heb 10:14 For by one offering He hath perfected them that are SANCTIFIED.
if I did sin AS I TRAIN myself and work out my salvation I am to repent of it.
???????? The Holy Ghost is supposed to be your guide and teacher, but...............................
How could you sin if you did not still have a carnal mind?
The reason Jesus was able to remain sinless is because He was not born with a carnal mind, but received one in Gethsemane prior to His crucifixion.
As the carnal mind is passed from father to child, and God being the Father of Jesus, God could not pass a carnal mind to His Son.

Active
1 John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from
all unrighteousness. 10- If we say that we have not sinned, then we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
That is about how a person has to admit they are a sinner so that they can be saved. If you say you have no sin then you never admitted to being a sinner, and that means that you never confessed and repented. If you never repented of your sins to get saved, then you are not saved and the truth is not in you.

Active
Perfection only comes through sanctification and that through the words of God. John 17:17 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."
Heb 10:14 For by one offering He hath perfected them that are SANCTIFIED.
After someone OBEYS by REPENTING of their sins they are to BELIEVE that Jesus' blood purifies them of the sins THEY REPENT of doing.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

???????? The Holy Ghost is supposed to be your guide and teacher, but...............................
Of course! Where would you get anything else?
Jesus is the Holy Spirit and the Teacher.
How could you sin if you did not still have a carnal mind?
A carnal mind is a mind that only wants to please the flesh.

The reason Jesus was able to remain sinless is because He was not born with a carnal mind, but received one in Gethsemane prior to His crucifixion.
You should be ashamed for saying that.
As the carnal mind is passed from father to child, and God being the Father of Jesus, God could not pass a carnal mind to His Son.
You are contrary.

Loyal
Jesus was the one who Overcame - since we couldn't.

Php 4:13; I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

1Jn 5:4; For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
1Jn 5:5; Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
Rev 2:7; 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'
Rev 2:11; 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'
Rev 2:17; 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'
Rev 2:26; 'He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS;
Rev 3:5; 'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
Rev 3:12; 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

Rev 3:21; 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
Rev 21:7; "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Active
In which case Jesus WAS NEVER TEMPTED IN ALL RESPECTS AS WE ARE.

Jesus had the same "Human nature" that I do (and Adam had).
I respectfully disagree. The reason there are two ADAMS is because they were both initially created/born outside the carnal mind. The first Adam got his when he was disobedient,
The second also got his, but at Gethsemane, prior to his crucifixion.

We can see this in that when Peter suggested He not be delivered up to be crucified, Jesus rebuked him and said "get thee behind me satan for thou lovest not the things that be of God"
However just a few hours later when Jesus became sin for our sakes He was praying for the removal of the cup that the Father had given Him, which was the same thing Peter had
asked for. This is when He got that carnal mind and indeed was in all respects made like unto His brethren.

Now if you will consider we are called transgressors from the womb. Ever wonder why that would not have fit Jesus as well? The carnal mind is passed from father to child and since
God does not have a carnal mind He could not pass one on to His Son.

"......The first man Adam became a living soul, the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

It is the actions that the two Adams took that determined what God would do, even thou He had both preplanned. Romans 5:18 one disobedient act-condemnation for all,
one righteous act-justification for all.
In either case we had nothing to do with those decrees that God made. We received the carnal mind because God said so, in like fashion, justification and life eternal because God said so.

Loyal
Isa 7:14; "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.
Isa 7:15; "He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good.

Jesus had to get there like us.

Active
I respectfully disagree. The reason there are two ADAMS is because they were both initially created/born outside the carnal mind. The first Adam got his when he was disobedient,
The second also got his, but at Gethsemane, prior to his crucifixion.

We can see this in that when Peter suggested He not be delivered up to be crucified, Jesus rebuked him and said "get thee behind me satan for thou lovest not the things that be of God"
However just a few hours later when Jesus became sin for our sakes He was praying for the removal of the cup that the Father had given Him, which was the same thing Peter had
asked for. This is when He got that carnal mind and indeed was in all respects made like unto His brethren.

Now if you will consider we are called transgressors from the womb. Ever wonder why that would not have fit Jesus as well? The carnal mind is passed from father to child and since
God does not have a carnal mind He could not pass one on to His Son.

"......The first man Adam became a living soul, the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

It is the actions that the two Adams took that determined what God would do, even thou He had both preplanned. Romans 5:18 one disobedient act-condemnation for all,
one righteous act-justification for all.
In either case we had nothing to do with those decrees that God made. We received the carnal mind because God said so, in like fashion, justification and life eternal because God said so.
Pure Foolishness. How was Jesus TEMPTED without a human nature just like YOU have.

Active
Jesus was only tempted in the desert after fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, just to know what it was like for humans.
At least this is all we are told of, as the early years of Jesus' childhood there is almost nothing mentioned.
And those temptations occurred after the infilling of the Holy Ghost and being ministered to by Angels.
It wasn't until Gethsemane when He took to Himself the sin of the world and a carnal mind that He suffered through a desire to not do the will of the Father and asked for the cup to be removed. With the enmity obtained for our sakes and His to feel what we felt all our lives he had to have a carnal mind even if only for a day. The carnal mind is self preserving and self seeking and thats exactly what He was praying for was to be preserved from suffering and death already knowing that was the main reason He was born.
However after receiving the carnal mind He gave into the Fathers will and said "not my will but thine be done" thus overcoming the desire to be preserved. This newly obtained mind
was then taken to the cross and hung on it til dead. Just as we are to do.
Odd thing is when He took upon Himself the sin of the world and the carnal nature of man, within a DAY of that He was dead. And the words of God held true "In the day that thou
eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."