• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Doctrines of Demons (Devils)

Active
1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I see the KJV says 'doctrines of demons' and the other versions say 'taught by demons or teachings of demons'.

The KJV implies anyone can teach it. As demonic doctrines are demonic doctrines. The other versions imply demons specifically teach. Maybe much of a muchness as deceit is deceit.

Active
I have watched a lot of the teaching of the church of satan recently. I would imagine that be a good place to start on understanding doctrines of demons.

What does stand out is 'selfishness and pride'. You are number one. Be selfless, but not to your detriment, because you are number one.

Publicly annoy Christians. Put up statues just to annoy them. Go against the instituted order. Do what you want, just don't get caught as prison is not nice. You only live once.

Loyal
I have watched a lot of the teaching of the church of satan recently. I would imagine that be a good place to start on understanding doctrines of demons.

What does stand out is 'selfishness and pride'. You are number one. Be selfless, but not to your detriment, because you are number one.

Publicly annoy Christians. Put up statues just to annoy them. Go against the instituted order. Do what you want, just don't get caught as prison is not nice. You only live once.
Very good! My Lady and I were discussing this the day before yesterday. We were kicked out of a church because we were teaching doctrines of demons. LOL Scary hey? What we were doing is discussing demon possession, demonic attacks, and 'Can a demon inhabit a Christian?' Not can a Christian be possessed by a demon, which he cannot be. I was wondering how many Christians believe that doctrines of demons is simply discussing demons. A childish belief. Ain't it?

Please may I ask those who know their Bible more thoroughly than I, why does God tolerate satan?

Hello!

Well, we may spend the rest of eternity learning the full and detailed decision procedures used by God to determine which actions He performs (Is. 55:8; Rom. 11:33).

But we could put out some educated guesses.

For example, God evidently likes to create FREE creatures.

And, free creatures sometimes make bad choices.

And sure enough, Satan made REALLY bad choices.

So, God tolerates the adversary because it is good that God chooses to tolerate the ongoing existence of free creatures who have the potential to make bad choices.

Of course, I'm sure God has PLENTY of other reasons too....

For example, we know that God plans to allow satan to continue to have influence in this world.

And, we know that this influence will (as always) play into God's hand, as God guides the course of human history into the direction He desires.

God works things together for good (for us believers) despite this satanic influence in the world.

God allows satanic temptation to prove the integrity of His servants (remember Job?)

God allows satanic influence to blind the hearts of people who are determined to resist truth. (And, perhaps surprisingly, it's good that God allows this.)

God allows satanic influence to test His creatures (remember Eden?)

God allows satanic influence to play a role in spiritual warfare (remember Daniel?)

Anyway....just some food for thought....

blessings...

Loyal
Please may I ask those who know their Bible more thoroughly than I, why does God tolerate satan?
Thomas Try this on for size...Man cannot sin without he is tempted.
James 1:14-15 (CJB)
14 Rather, each person is being tempted whenever he is being dragged off and enticed by the bait of his own desire. 15 Then, having conceived, the desire gives birth to sin; and when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death.
Satan is the tempter, and his minions along with him.
Man has been given free will. He can choose whatever direction he wants to go, or whatever action seems good to him.
Now, if Satan were to be thrown into the lake of fire today, what good would your free will be? It would be empty and useless...with no choices how do you exercise free choice?
Being able to choose between God and Satan you also build up your rewards in heaven by choosing wisely. So look at it that way and Satan is a tool for your benefit. LOL He's a tool all right.

Active

God is using him. God will also use him once we are gone too. Perhaps for our children. Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

A very long article could be written on God's treatment of satan. From the beginning God has treated him with respect. He was cast out of heaven respectfully in that he was allowed to ''fight'' / IE throw a fit Rev 12:7. Jesus allowed him to tempt him on not one but three occasions. Each time answering respectfully and then ending the conversation respectfully. I would not say it is only to the devil. God has treated all those who hate Him respectfully. It is all evidence of God loving His enemy, fulfilling James 5:44. God is not a hypocrite. But God is also not a fool. He knows those who hate Him. Those who love what is wicked more then they hate it. So He did cast the devil out. He will eternally separate the wicked from the good.

God will tolerate the wicked for all eternity. He is keeping them alive for all eternity. He doesn't have to put them in hell. He could annihilate them all....

It all speaks to me of God's nature. God is light, with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

If we had to get hold of those who hate and have hurt us, what would we do to them? God is love and light on a level we cannot always grasp.

God is using him. God will also use him once we are gone too. Perhaps for our children. Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

A very long article could be written on God's treatment of satan. From the beginning God has treated him with respect. He was cast out of heaven respectfully in that he was allowed to ''fight'' / IE throw a fit Rev 12:7. Jesus allowed him to tempt him on not one but three occasions. Each time answering respectfully and then ending the conversation respectfully. I would not say it is only to the devil. God has treated all those who hate Him respectfully. It is all evidence of God loving His enemy, fulfilling James 5:44. God is not a hypocrite. But God is also not a fool. He knows those who hate Him. Those who love what is wicked more then they hate it. So He did cast the devil out. He will eternally separate the wicked from the good.

God will tolerate the wicked for all eternity. He is keeping them alive for all eternity. He doesn't have to put them in hell. He could annihilate them all....

It all speaks to me of God's nature. God is light, with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

If we had to get hold of those who hate and have hurt us, what would we do to them? God is love and light on a level we cannot always grasp.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I have long assumed that God makes use of the devil, but find it hard to understand, how, in giving living creatures freedom to yield to temptation, is God's love shown to those who have suffered at the hands of the sinners?. For example, the misery caused by Pol Pot .
You also give me little comfort; if the "hairs of my head are numbered at birth", does God not already know the temptations to which I will succumb?

Active
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I have long assumed that God makes use of the devil, but find it hard to understand, how, in giving living creatures freedom to yield to temptation, is God's love shown to those who have suffered at the hands of the sinners?. For example, the misery caused by Pol Pot .
You also give me little comfort; if the "hairs of my head are numbered at birth", does God not already know the temptations to which I will succumb?

Two very difficult questions in your post. No short answer.

Q1 God's love to those suffering at the hands of sinners

1. He can only help those who turn to Him. His hands are tied from helping all, because of our free will. He does not hear the prayers of sinners John 9:31.

2. The righteous, He does hear and answer. The answer however is not always freedom from suffering. Many times it is. For those times it is not, He is with us in our suffering. He ''never'' leaves nor forsakes His people Deut 3:16. Consider how God was with Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego in the fire Dan 3. I always battle with those Christians at the time of Nero. They were placed on wooden pikes and set alight to provide entertainment and light for his parties. God showed me this verse for peace Phill 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Think on this for a while. God's peace passeth all understanding because it is illogical. We should be screaming but instead we are at peace.

3. Many times He wants us exactly where we are, albeit a place of suffering. Eph 6:5 says slaves must obey masters with respect and fear as you would obey Christ. Jesus tells us that we are sent out as lambs among wolves Luke 10:3.

4. God does not put us through anything we can't handle 1 Cor 10:13.

5. God ''does'' want to test us. He wants to see what we are made of. It is for our benefit. He wants to give us a reward / crown for all eternity. Job for example, will forever be known as the person who was faithful to God despite hell hitting him. What a crown!!! We will all report to Job, for all eternity. God knows I cannot bear that for Him. Hence I have not yet born anything like it.

6. Face to face with God. What we have to think on is the fact that the moment we die, we go to be with God. We can then have a face to face discussion. I do not imagine it going like this ''God why did you abandon me and leave me to suffer for absolutely no reason?''. I imagine it being more a case of ''thanks for being with me in my suffering'' or ''Wow, now I understand why you wanted me to suffer''.

7. To die is gain Phil 1:21. Think on this for long. Herein lies all you need to know. When we die, we go to heaven. To be with God in peace and harmony for all eternity.

Active
Q2 God's omniscience

You are asking this question because you grasp the dictionary definitions of omniscience and omnipotence. Only terrible assumptions of God can be made when combining these two. I propose you / everyone who does this conduct a more thorough analysis of God before making ''any'' statement.

It boils down to miss-representation of God. Would you like it if I miss represented you to a girl you wanted to date? Let's say you wanted to date my sister. Now I know you are a good, caring person. You donate all your money and much of your time to helping out an orphanage. You clean the pigsty, as nobody else wants the job. Let's say you ask me to ask my sister to go on a date with you. Would you like it if all I say is ''He sis, I have this friend called Thomas who wants to go on a date with you. He is poor and stinks most of the day''.

God is omniscient Psalm 139. God is omnipotent Luke 1:37. God is ''ALSO'' good Psalm 136:1. God is light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5. God wills that all be saved 1 Tim 2:4. God is impartial Acts 10:34. God is love 1 John 4:8.

So, let's ask, 'how does a God who can do anything and who loves to the highest degree every person / being He created, not do something about those that are in suffering?' Or, 'how does a God who can know everything and who loves to the highest degree every person / being He created, not do something about those that are in suffering?'

I believe all the evidence and the full definition of God points to limited omnipotence to uphold true free will. As true free will is ''good''. Likewise limited omniscience.

Take Rom 9:21 as an example. Calvinists push the fact that 'God can do anything' as evidence of Him knowingly making vessels / humans unto dishonor / sin. Everyone else argues, that just because God can do something, does not mean He does. He is restricted by who He is. God is not a man.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

A God who knows it all will still make good on impartiality.

God is bound by His word. He told humanity to have dominion. Humanity takes that as dominate other humans. All of us humans will receive the judgement we have chosen or God's mercy by and through Jesus.

As I read Genesis, God gave us dominion over animals birds and fishes, but that was before He realised that by overpopulating the world, popes would drive many to extinction by destroying their habitat.

Interesting thought; presumably God gave bacteria and viruses dominion over mankind.

Active
@Thomas (With out a doubt),
It's not so much that God is tolerating Satan; as He is proving His word in the hearts of true believers. GOD'S word will not come back unto Him void, but it will accomplish all that God sent it to do. God has given man rule over Satan at the beginning in Adam and once again through Jesus Christ. When the Body of Christ develops into the fulness of God's expectation, putting Satan under foot, then Satan will be done away with.

As I read Genesis, God gave us dominion over animals birds and fishes, but that was before He realised that by overpopulating the world, popes would drive many to extinction by destroying their habitat.

Interesting thought; presumably God gave bacteria and viruses dominion over mankind.
God has permitted what humanity has provided in preparation and conditioning, of us/humans, for His next phase of human existence. Will we fear bacteria and viruses or will we revere the One: God/Jesus who holds our soul and say thanks be for His mercy and loving kindness. I don't know what you or any other are about but I am about that being that stepped down to become a human and is become more.

Loyal
1 Tim 4:1; But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
1 Tim 4:2; by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,
1 Tim 4:3; men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.

Here is the amplified

1 Tim 4:1; BUT THE [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach,
1 Tim 4:2; Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized),
1 Tim 4:3; Who forbid people to marry and [teach them] to abstain from [certain kinds of] foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and have [an increasingly clear] knowledge of the truth.

It seems Paul is saying quite a bit here.
1. First of all it is the Holy Spirit telling him this.
2. The Holy Spirit is making this message very explicit, very distinct and important.
3. Some will fall away from the faith ( this verse always gets into OSAS discussions, but that is not my intention here )
4. Because they pay attention to doctrines (teachings) that demons teach. These doctrines will delude and deceive people. (Isn't that what the father of lies is all about? deception. )
5a. This is through the hypocrisy of liars.
....What is hypocrisy? Saying one things and doing another. Not practicing what you preach. Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites seven times in Matt 23 alone.
5b. Their consciences are seared. (cauterized)
....Have you ever seen an arm or a leg (even a finger) that was burned so badly that it didn't even bleed. On old locomotive steam engines and old boiler rooms for ship engines
....they would heat the water until it turned into steam. When there was a steam leak in the pipes, the steam was so hot, and under so much pressure, it would literally cut your fingers off.
....The steam was invisible, you could hear it, but you couldn't see it. They used straw brooms to find the leaks, the steam would cut the end of the broom straws off.
....Some people consciences are like this. They no longer feel any guilt or sorrow or remorse for any sin. It no longer hurts them to hurt others.
6. One of the things these doctrines teach is... don't get married.
....I am amazed at how little marriage means to people anymore. I would say the vast majority of people simply live together. Even some churches teach.. marriage doesn't
....really matter to God anymore.

I am running short on time here... I will try to continue later.

Active
What is meant by "Doctrines of Devils (Demons)? Is it talking about them?

Not necessarily.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

This prophesy is about believers giving heed to seducing spirits which in turns tempts them to follow after the rudiment in the world in seeking after them which said rudiment is the doctrines of devil. They do so in hypocrisy when knowing that the Holy Spirit is in them, but yet believe the lie that they can receive Him again after a sensational sign in the flesh. It is either He is in you or He is not. You cannot receive Him when He is already in you as promised at our salvation.

That is why the apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them; 1 John 4:1 KJV The test of that faith is by how anyone says where Jesus Christ dwells "presently" as being in our flesh in 1 John 4:2 KJV Not many Christians see that 1 John 4:2 KJV being the same examination of our faith in 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV, but it is, because 1 John 4:3 KJV goes to any one confessing that Jesus Christ is NOT in the flesh "presently" as saying the Spirit of Christ is in the worship place, and so that is how one tests the spirits. The conformation is found in 1 John 4:4 KJV in greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world ( or outside of you. )

Believers that are Catholics, Pentecostals, & Charismatics will attest to receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation by a sign of tongues without interpretation or other sensational signs in the flesh that brings about confusion like falling backwards and the like. This is where it becomes another calling and thus another gospel when they preach that experience for other believers to seek after receiving Jesus Christ again or the Holy Spirit again.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Paul was addressing this falling away from the faith of 1 Timothy 4:1-2 as starting to happen already back in his day as that iniquity was already at work whereby God will permit a strong delusion to occur when saved believer believe the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation in 2 Thessalonians 2nd chapter BUT Paul goes on to reprove such iniquity by reminding believers the tradition taught of us as to the ONLY TIME when the Holy Spirit is received which was at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed in Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

So that is why seducing spirits was first mentioned in that verse for how believers are following after the doctrines of devils because that is how the world receives spirits by seeing it received after a sign in the flesh.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So by seducing spirits whereby believers are misled into chasing after them are actually doing the doctrines of devils in seeking to receive spirits after a sign in the flesh; even tongues without interpretation which is not God's gift of tongues.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

That was the spiritual fornication that the church at Thyatira was committing, as they utter the depths of Satan for which they speak.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

So keeping the faith is the good fight and that faith in Jesus Christ is that He is in us since our salvation at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed.

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; ......27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: