• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Doctrine?

Baptism in the Holy Spirit...the great commision to preach the gospel to the world....water baptism....someone asked how many Christian doctrines are there....how many truths are there in scripture?????

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

Can someone help me from God sealing us, who can break the seal?

Waiting.

The doctrine that was not listed is ....

Have a shot, you never know you might get lucky.

That is if luck exists?

Our need?

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

If one is elected, how can one say, "God has supplied my need?"

Baptism in the Holy Spirit...the great commision to preach the gospel to the world....water baptism....someone asked how many Christian doctrines are there....how many truths are there in scripture?????
The answer to this one is easy Brakelight. . . . . . ALL Truth is found in scripture!

Mat_7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Active
LOL where is the salvation doctrine?John 14:6? The only way to the Father is through Jesus. part of the doctrine is in there,Jesus is God,but not the way? I can't wait to find out now!!LOL I am sure I will be ashamed at myself for not seeing it. lol HAHA!!! I think I just found it!! what about forgiveness!!! ah!!!! is that it?? lol

Last edited:
Hi David777,

As I read through the doctrines a few time there was something to me that was missing and not put in there and that one thing is is this....

Jesus is the Son of God...It says Jesus is God, but didn't mention Him as being the Son of God. This is one of the most important parts of the doctrine to me...because Jesus became God's perfect plan for salvation for each and everyone of us and this plan could only be carried out by The Son of God and noone else.

John 3:16-17 For God so Loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Matthew16:13-17 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I , The Son of Man, am?" So they said " Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah and others Jeremiah or oneof the prophets." He said to them," But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered and said, " You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered and said to him, " Blessed are you Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Luke1:34-35 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" And the angel answered and said to her, the Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore also, that Holy One who is to be born will called The Son of God.

Not sure if it can be classified as a doctrine, however there is no mention in the list of the gift of eternal life...AbbysAunt's post triggered this thought...we are adopted into the family of God...this has always been mindblowing to me...that sinful rebellious stubborn egotistical proud wicked old me has been promised to be a co-heir with Jesus! A fellow prince and child of the very same King....I become His little bro...wow...and we all know how big brothers look after their little ones...and how little ones look up to their big ones....Jesus, love you bro.

Fantastic posts.

I am surprised how many doctrines were missing.

You guys and girls just keep finding very important
doctrines that are not in the list.

It pains me to say that the big one is still out there.

A clue perhaps would help.

You will find it mentioned frequently in Paul's letters.

Dear Agua.

Yes, I may have narrowed it down too much, your right.

Come on, what did Paul spend most of his time writing
about...

Grace of course !!!!....

Eph_2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Grace of course !!!!....

Eph_2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
Sorry mate, number 32 on the list.

Might I very quietly and with much reservation suggest predestination? (Eph 1:4,5)? Not that Paul talked about it much.....

Staff Member
Could it possibly be faith?
C4E
P.S. I have a few others if not

Santification

Last edited: