• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Doctrinal Integrity

Staff Member
Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, in all things showing yourself [to be] a pattern of good works; in doctrine [showing] integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you. Titus 2:6-8

In today’s verses, Paul addressed Titus, his partner and fellow worker (2 Corinthians 8:23), telling him about the importance of the older generation teaching the younger one. But they were to go beyond teaching. They were to display a pattern of good works, showing integrity, reverence, and incorruptibility in their doctrine—so much so that even an opponent might not have anything to say against them.

Doctrinal integrity doesn’t mean perfection. It simply means living out truth as best you understand it, without walking in contradiction. If you know anger to be a sin, and you teach it as such, but everybody knows you as a hothead, that’s the type of inconsistency that signals to the next generation that you don’t really believe what you’re saying. It also shows that your doctrine lacks power.

If you’re older, say forty-five years of age or more, are you teaching younger men in the faith? Do they see inconsistencies in your life, or do they see a repentant heart? If you’re younger, how quick are you to accept the teaching of the older generation while acknowledging your own weaknesses?

Thank you for this Christ4ever. I love the epistle of Titus. I read the chapter. It encourages those who teach to practice what we teach, and more. I know that since being restored to God last year I find I still have things to work on, things to clean up and improve, things to repent of.

When it comes to sound doctrine and truth....

When I first became a Christian, I was fortunate to have studied under a man who took a genuine interest in his students. This is before the internet age so we were required to buy a slew of resource books. I don't know if you read my introduction here, but I burned all these books in a fit of rage for being continually condemned by my own brothers and sisters for being non-trinitarian. Too many books to list, and I regret it today. For the longest time, I was totally disgusted with the followers of Jesus Christ. I did not see Christ in them.

I learned over the years that Christians hardly care about truth. Very few have a method/hermeneutic to discover and attain 'truth.' Too often they think they already have it. They prefer to adhere to what they already believe, seldom consider other views, and seldom change their mind. Even when there's a mountain of evidence against what they believe, and a mountain of evidence for something else, they refuse to repent and change their mind. That way they don't have to admit, "they're wrong." The words, "I was wrong" usually doesn't appear in a Christians vocabulary.

Psalm 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Staff Member
@BLACKSHEEP
I truly try to give all the Glory to God in all things. None of these devotionals would have made their way to existence if not for the men who were moved by the Holy Spirit to write them, nor by the Holy Spirit that prompted me to share them here. Glory to God!!!!

I do recall replying to your introduction. Hope all is well with you on the farm in New Hampshire Jim :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

“Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right.”

—C.H. Spurgeon