• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do You Witness To Strangers ?

Which of the four is you ?

• Total voters
I am wondering how many talkjesus members witness to the unsaved on a daily , weekly , or monthly basis ? Do you think you should do more witnessing , or is what you do enough ? Brother Mike :love: :boy_hug:

Hey Brother I witness at every chance I get the grocery store is my favorite place. I have a good way of starting conversation in line. I will let someone go in front of me then I will tell them that I am learning patience that my pastor said this is a good way of learning, if the respond in anyway I will then ask how they are doing and usally I will say if they attend a church. I barely find resistence in this approach, I invite them to church depending on how willing they are to talk to me is how much I will talk. Another thing I like to do at the grocery store is put tracks inside the magazines there at the end of the line. I am always looking for help in being a good witness. God Bless

Those are great answeres . Thats why I posted this thread . Maybe we can share the many ways to approach witnessing to the lost . Thats the hardest part . Looking for more ideas . Brother :boy_hug:

Still looking for more answers . Anyone else , or should the no response speak for itself ? Brother

I witness as the Holy Spirit leads someone to me. Everyone I work with and everyone who knows me knows I am completely sold out to Jesus. Sometimes the Spirit will lead a co-worker to ask me questions. I am thrilled when someone asks me about my Lord. A few times I have had the blessing of spreading the gospel of salvation to all my co-workers (20) at the same time. I have learned that it is not wise to try to force the gospel down everyone's throat as WE see fit. Let the Spirit lead. Sometimes subtle signs will appear to let us know it is time. I.E. "I really don't know why I am going through all of this". If I hear a stranger say anything along these lines, I jump in.

"Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved ; but he that believeth not shall be damned" Mark 16: 15-16
*And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. Mark 16:17-18 The often ignored passage of the great commission.

Thank you for saying all that . I am looking for ways others witness so I can get better . The other poll asked , are we in the end times . If we are , then the harvest is great out there , and I want to learn all I can . Thanks again .
Brother

Yes, I witness daily to strangers. On this site, we witness, to strangers each day. I have challenged the youth of our Church to share the name of Jesus with at least one person each day. I recently taught them a lesson on witnessing. Part of the lesson included a challenge to witness. I asked them to speak the Name of Jesus to one person a day for a year. I have found that if I tell the Bank teller, the check out person, the worker in the convenience store, the mail person, or many others "Jesus loves you" as a greeting or a good bye, that God honors this, and many times the door is opened for more. 3 years ago I challenged a Sunday School Class this same way, in the first week, I lead 4 people to Jesus. These are outside of Sunday school and Church service. When we proclaim Jesus, He makes a way for salvation. Therefore, I Challenge each of you, when you are in line at the grocery store, gas station, convenience store, or at the mailbox, the mall, where ever. Tell the Clerk that Jesus loves them, and see. I have been amazed how God has allowed me to be used because of this. This is not telling them the whole story of your salvation or reading them the whole book of Romans, it is just speaking the Name of Jesus. When you do this, be ready to step through that door. I have had people here on this site accept Christ as well as people just coming up and asking me how to be saved. I know it is because I purposed to share Jesus, and He honors it in other areas of my life.

Press toward the Mark,
Your Pastor T

wow I think I will try that Pastor T!

I am sad though to not see more of a respones to this thread. It is sad when we can go on and that brings no glory to God but a thread that helps others grow in witnessing goes so unnoticed I pray this changes soon.

I look at it this way if a blind person was about to fall off a cliff you would tell them right? So why are we so quiet about the blind people we see everyday taking a nose dive? Just a thought!

God Bless You all!

Jesuslovesu said:
wow I think I will try that Pastor T!

I am sad though to not see more of a respones to this thread. It is sad when we can go on and that brings no glory to God but a thread that helps others grow in witnessing goes so unnoticed I pray this changes soon.

I look at it this way if a blind person was about to fall off a cliff you would tell them right? So why are we so quiet about the blind people we see everyday taking a nose dive? Just a thought!

God Bless You all!
Randy White once said "we pass right by the harvest to get to the feast, we drive right by the ones that need Jesus to get to the thing we call 'church'"

I have been on many outreaches and evangelistic meetings and have seen Jesus draw many ( hundreds and maybe into the thousands) to Himself. It has been my experience that it is a lot easier to preach the gospel than to live it. Witnessing is critical to Gods purpose. Jesus called us to be witnesses of Him(Acts 1:8). He does the work in us and through us and we tell the people who He is. Every believer is called to be a witness for Jesus. I have missed many opertunities in the past, can't change that now but I can move forward and try to seize every opertunity in the present and future.I believe that God has called each and every one of us to witness and minister first and foremost where we live and then to the rest of the world . St. Francis of Assisi said "Preach the Gospel everyday, and if necessary use words".

Amen Jiggyfly !!! If God is you're life , then it's hard to have any other conversation. I guess that's why I don't hang out in chat much . Mike :thumbs_up

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
Amen Jiggyfly !!! If God is you're life , then it's hard to have any other conversation. I guess that's why I don't hang out in chat much . Mike :thumbs_up

A friend of mine has a popular website that is centered on Jesus. He posts all his essays and teachings there. He recieves a fair amount of emails of disapproving brothers and sisters. He told me he recieved a email from a brother that said he appreciated some of his teachings, but this brother said" you should broaden your teachings to include other topics, all you talk about is Jesus and there is more to Christianity than just Jesus." My firend answered the email with " If this is my worst error, Praise the Lord!!!!!"

You the man bro !!! You're either hot or cold . Otherwise you end up down the hopper ! I hate swimming in circles ! lol Mike :thumbs_up

Administrator
Staff Member
Other than this site, I usually witness when the Holy Spirit moves in me to do so. I'm not 100% positive if I do it out of my own want - but as you can by now - I love witnessing anyway to anyone.

On this site, GOD has used me to witness to many others since 2 yrs ago. All glory to the Father thanks to Jesus - I can't list all the great things that have happened.

The great feeling of planting the seed in one's heart just cannot be topped off (other than finding out they accepted Christ :)

Administrator
Staff Member
I just caught that after I posted before. "All you talk about is Jesus"? What?

Perhaps he should ask that brother if he has a more important and more enjoyable conversation that does not involve Jesus. Better yet, if Jesus stood in front of him, would he say the same?

Actually chad, I think you witness everyday, just by being in charge of this site and keeping it running, but i would agree that all of us need to witness more. God bless

I preach at the jail, rescue mission and Nursing home plus witness as opportunities arise in person and on the Net.

Active
I think I can do more, online and in person.
I use chick tracts, they are straight to the point. I enjoy reading them personally, its not in your face " HELL, HELL "

Hey I got Cody into Chick tracts.

Last edited:
I love witnessing to strangers. I have a pocket size KJV and some tracts in my car, so I'll be ready. Sometimes I'll talk to people and sometimes I'll just leave tracts in places for people to find and read. I have "Romans 1:16" on the back of my car window also. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ and I'm not afraid to tell people about it. Once I saw a man behind my car look at my verse on my window and then I saw him pick up his Bible and read the verse. I believe that shows us, just the little things we do can help people and maybe even win them to the Lord. As Christians we need to let our light shine and spread the gospel of Christ. Jesus died for us, so lets live for Him by spreading and obeying the Word of God.

Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.." KJV

A word of caution about Bro. Chick. Some of his material is a bit too extreme for the average lost person. They are like trying to shove a 16 oz T-bone down the throat of an infant. I like a lot of his stuff for me and maybe for some people I have spent some time witnessing to but for the man on the street they may contain way to much for them to swallow. If so, they will regurgitate and avoid any other attempts to speak tothem or give them something.

Giving a Catholic WWII vet a tract that says the pope backed Hitler when he lost two brothers in the war may not be suitable. Yes, the Catholic institution may have apologized but still you are stirring up stuff that needs not to be stirred up. Get the lad to the cross and then let him get incensed about the history.

Again, Chick has some really good simple Gosple tracts and those I would use to the hilt but use some discretion with some of the other ones.