• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do you really believe ?

Many today claim to be believers but do you know what the word says about those that really believe ?

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Just a self check for those that didn't know . Take a quick peek behind you see if anything is following .

Buzz :thumbs_up Good thread. Thanks for posting it. I really believe and have to say I have looked behind me and my family.

The Lord healed my father 13 years ago. He was declared brain dead and we were asked to remove life support. He had been in a coma for 13 days and the trachea got clogged and he stopped breathing.

He was at a very prominent hospital in Philadelphia Pa. The Dr's said that they were going to do another EEG the next morning, but this was the final blow to a already bleak seen. I stood in the hallway with a nurolisgt and I said I have a lot of faith in God and now that you have done all you can do let's give God a chance.
He told me that I could have all the faith in the world, but he was a sceinctist and that there was nothing left of my father's brain that would be considered life. That the next day they would do another EEG and that would be it. So we needed to start preparing for withdrawing life support.

The next day the test confirmed what the Dr. the night before had spoken. He was considered brain dead. My mother and sister met with the president of the hospital that afternoon and asked not to with draw life support for a few more days, repeating what I had already spoken the night before. They just about said we needed a reality check.

Well a long story short my father woke up 3 days later. Because of medical reasons they needed to drug induce a comma for a longer time to help his body heal. This Saturday October 15 will make 13 years to the day he came home from the hospital after having been in there 4 months. He walked out!!!
PRAISE BE TO MY FATHER IN HEAVEN!!!

After another year of rehab he was able to drive a car, which he still does. He babysits his grandchildren and is a active member of our family.

I thank God for every extra day He has given me with my father.

After that all his doctors declared he was truly a miracle. There was no reason he should be alive.

This is a short version of all that had happened in that 4 month time period. The devil had many tricks up his sleeve, but he was defeated at every turn.

I was pregnant with heavensound at the time and everyday I would pray that my father had been a righteous man, and a righteous man would see his children's children. I prayed everyday that he would see her. He did and still does. Glory to God.

Like I said this is a short version about what had happened, I give all the glory to God and believe if we didn't stand on the Word of God. My father wouldn't have made it.

Your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

Dear Alabaster;

That is a great testimony of God's work in your family's life and for sharing with us. Standing on the Word of God is so true! :love:

I will always remember my late mom lay with me one night and praying in Spanish when I was 5 years old. I was very ill for about a week, could not sleep, and it developed into hallucinations. Satan was getting his licks on a little boy.

All I remember was the next morning I woke up and the hallucinations and illness was gone, completely!

My mom's prayers and faith stayed with us through the years. When she was at her dying bed years later I asked her about that time and she said that when we seriously believe in our Father we will have our work before us, many times it will get rough but standing on His Word will get us through all things. She said this is when the joy comes in because God is so faithful. Glory be to His wonderful name. :love:

Thank you, Buzz, for this thread. Much work ahead of us. :shade:

Your servant in Christ Jesus. :love:

buzzboodro said:
Many today claim to be believers but do you know what the word says about those that really believe ?

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Just a self check for those that didn't know . Take a quick peek behind you see if anything is following .
I believe in miracles. I've seen God do awesome things. But, I have a problem with the way many people seem to interpret Mk 16:17. They seem to see God only as an omnipotent, loving spiritual vending machine and that all they have to do is drop a lot of prayers into the slot, pull the faith handle, and the miracle they want should come rolling out.

When I was in grade school, my religion teachers had a name for that kind of belief. It is the sin of presumption. In Exodus 33:19, God says, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy." When we pray for healing of any kind, we need to humble ourselves and remember Who is in charge.

We as christians are called to stand on the Word of God. We are to seek His face and do all that we know to do in prayer and supplication. Sometimes we are called to fast. To speak the scriptures in faith.

But the bottom line is HE IS LORD, and HE IS SOVEREIGN.

He calls us to our best and He will do the rest. But sometime in HIS ultimate wisdom He chooses not to heal. Or so we think, maybe ultimate healing is to be absent from our bodies and to be in HIS presence. We all have to realise we can only do so much, than we have to trust HIM for the rest.

I have had problems with cyst on my ovaries since I was 18. The first time I was not saved and had to have surgery. Since than I was healed once and was so blessed not to need surgory.

Than in 1990 I was not healed and needed the surgrey, I couldn't understand it. But when all was said and done and when I look back on it. God knew I was going to need this time off from work for other problems that arose. In HIS ultimate wisdom HE knew this a head of time and made a way for this.

Just 2 years ago I again needed surgery and this time I was just going with the flow and was not going to ask God for healing this time. Mike was in total disagreement with me and said as head of this house I am praying for this healing, this is not where God wants us. A few weeks later a friend at church asked me why I wasn't praying for a healing and said she felt lead to pray for me. I felt lead that day to say Lord I need this healing for my family.

2 weeks before the surgrey Mike said call the Dr. and ask for a new ultrasound. Do I need to tell you when that tech did the ultra sound, she said, what cyst? I said the big one. She said you don't have any cyst! She left the room and checked the film from a few months earlier, than came back in the room and said I diffently saw what you were talking about, but there is nothing there now! The Lord once again had healed me. I am grateful for the faith my husband had to carry me through when I was going to lye down and accept it, and for my friend who the Lord encouraged to pray for me and to remind me what the Word says.

We can only do what He has called us to do and trust Him to do what is best for us. We should never give satan a strong hold in our lives.

Love your sister in Christ,
AlabasterBox :girl:

:rainbow:

buzzboodro said:

Mark 16
20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

AlabasterBox

That was a great testimony of God's amazing power for your dad. Praise the Lord for Him healing you too.

There may be many who believe in Jesus but are they preaching the true gospel.
The signs are to confirm that what they are preaching is the truth so that people can believe and be saved.. If no signs are following us then we need to begin to share the gospel with others. God cannot lie, His word is true. He will do what he says He will do.

Ed,
I'm sorry to hear about your "teachers" filling your young mind with that negative tripe.
Faith is the most powerful thing any person can possess if you look at many of the healings Jesus did you will see He didn't tell them "I heal you of this" what He said was "your faith has made you whole " or "according to your faith let it be done unto you"

Faith is the "currency" of the Kingdom of God you exchange it for what you have need of it pleases God to see our "faith" in Him those that lack faith lack in all areas .

I believe when miracles happen we are not just pulling a "handle of a machine" you are being used by Jesus Christ himself. We are the body of Christ and His hands and feet. God will not give us the spiritual gift of something until we have the right attitude and will use it to glorify Him and His will and still then God will tell us when and how to use it in on whom. He will not give you the power of healing until you want to do it to have His divine willl done and to show His power and faithfulness. We can al pray for healing as Christians at any time and if it's Gods will it will be done but the power of healing like the big ministers and prophets such as prophet TB Joshua will only be given at God's time. Same with everything else. I only have tounges so far. And I once prophisied but that was just God speaking threw me not yet a big thing such as a the real prophets.