• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

DO YOU PRAY FOR THE CHURCH?

Active
Please will everybody commit to praying for the Church in 2021. Use this thread to add prayers everyday. Pray for your own church, your nation's church and the Church worldwide. No discussions, just prayers. And if this could possibly be 'pinned' at the top it would perhaps encourage people to pray.

It is these four posts from my Facebook page that really got to me recently and led me to commit to praying for the Church regularly and prompted me to start this thread. In order to remember to pray I have printed them off to tuck in my bible. They are accredited to Jarrod Cooper.

1. Sometimes what your strategy needs is not more information, but more FIRE! A week ago I dreamt I met the Holy Spirit, and He came to me as a man of fire! I was asking God “What is the strategy God, will you give me wisdom?” Embracing me with His fire He answered “This is the strategy, this is the strategy”... WOW! His passion, power and presence is a strategy in itself! Let the MAN OF FIRE embrace you right now, and fill you with God’s FIRE!

2. I am concerned, not that Great Britain is in a post-Christian era, but that many Christians are entering a post-biblical era. Too many biblically illiterate "believers" are rating their opinions as more infallible than the holy scriptures.

3. What if we focused on presence more than performance; on welcoming the King, instead of doing our churchy thing; on following His voice, more than following the set list....? ... maybe, just maybe, we’d find churches full of glory instead of powerless programmes! Oh for a generation soooo dissatisfied with religion, we forsake all else for the immeasurable outpouring our Jesus longs to send! Someone, somewhere, let your longing take over!

4. Church leaders - we can build a concert venue and we’ll draw a crowd. But if we build a home, we’ll create a family. Whatever your venue, put more energy into family than stage craft! We have a world crying out for mums and dads, fathers and mentors - that is something the church is powerfully positioned to supply.

Active
Yes, absolutely pray for all the saints in every nation, especially those that are going through murderous trials and tribulations akin to what the earliest saonts experienced. But also pray for the luke-warm saints, especially in the West who believe they will not have to endure the physical persection that our brothers and sisters on Christ are enduring this very day in Nigeria, Mozambique, northern Africa, North Korea, Syria, India, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, and even in Israel. Yes, brothers and sisters, the Bride of Chrost is being butchered today as it has been since the very beginning in the 1st century A.D. Please pray for them, that their faith and resolve is strengenthed even unto death.

Active
Yes, absolutely pray for all the saints in every nation, especially those that are going through murderous trials and tribulations akin to what the earliest saonts experienced. But also pray for the luke-warm saints, especially in the West who believe they will not have to endure the physical persection that our brothers and sisters on Christ are enduring this very day in Nigeria, Mozambique, northern Africa, North Korea, Syria, India, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, and even in Israel. Yes, brothers and sisters, the Bride of Chrost is being butchered today as it has been since the very beginning in the 1st century A.D. Please pray for them, that their faith and resolve is strengenthed even unto death.
I'm so glad you do Jerry. God laid it on my heart to pray for the Church - all the Church - at the beginning of the year and I have been doing so. I ask him what I should pray though, so that it isn't my words so that I pray according to his will. That's why I started this thread so that we can agree together.