• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Do you need an outside perspective?

Staff Member
And he answered, "I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house [have], in that you have forsaken the commandments of the LORD and have followed the Baals. 1 Kings 18:18 NKJV

Ahab was more than ready to transfer the blame for his troubles onto Elijah. Rather than examining his actions and taking ownership for the ways he had abandoned God’s laws, it was much easier for him to point the finger at the messenger.

When you’re going through a difficult or uncertain time, it’s quite difficult to step back and see the highs and lows with clarity. An outside perspective, like Elijah’s, can cut to the chase in an instant, offering a point of view that cuts through any doubt, debate, or attempts to minimize your actions.

Relying on someone else for wisdom and guidance isn’t easy. It can be a vulnerable space where you need to trust that another has your best interests in mind. That’s why it’s so easy to blame the messenger instead. Yet God’s mercy is plentiful and His patience defies all expectations. If you can take that step of faith and seek the help of a trusted friend or mentor, see matters as they truly are, and act accordingly, you can find new freedom and life where you otherwise would have been stuck.

Prayer: Lord, help me to see my life with clarity and to listen to those who can help me see the truth.