• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Do you have to go to church to be saved

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Do you have to go to church to be saved

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
I don't believe going to church will save you. Nothing wrong with going to Church. Confessing your sins to God and accepting Jesus as your Savior and having a relationship with Him is what saves you. I haven't regularly attended church in 10 years now. I was Baptist and then Church of God when I attended regularly. I do talk to God, I pray, I ask for direction from Him, I trust Him. I talk to other Christian friends about various things or for prayer in something. I love to go outside and find a peaceful place and talk to Him, thank Him for His creation, thank Him for life, thank Him for the bird I hear singing, thank Him for the flowers that smell good and make me smile. Maybe I am weird...but that is where I feel closest to Him. My husband will take a certain way to work where he stops by a creek and sits and talks to God and seeks Him for advice. That is where He loves to talk to God.

The reason I discovered Talk Jesus was because I am outside the church.
My story is very strange. I was raiseed in the church, and loved going to church. That was where worship happened!
But one day in 2008, I was in church, and my second son, a young teenager, refused to go to Sunday School. I looked up, and saw...something. I didnt know what, but it broke my heart. I went home and cried for hours, and I didnt even know why I was crying.
I couldnt go to church; the very thought made me cry. I started volunteering Sunday mornings, and found wonderful, kind people out there, in the world. So God showed me that He is at work in the chirch, and outside it too. He is bigger, much bigger, than I ever dreamed!
I still am outside the church. I know He will open that door when He is ready. I do go to a Bible Study and, of course, pray and read the Bible on my own.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
The reason I discovered Talk Jesus was because I am outside the church.
My story is very strange. I was raiseed in the church, and loved going to church. That was where worship happened!
But one day in 2008, I was in church, and my second son, a young teenager, refused to go to Sunday School. I looked up, and saw...something. I didnt know what, but it broke my heart. I went home and cried for hours, and I didnt even know why I was crying.
I couldnt go to church; the very thought made me cry. I started volunteering Sunday mornings, and found wonderful, kind people out there, in the world. So God showed me that He is at work in the chirch, and outside it too. He is bigger, much bigger, than I ever dreamed!
I still am outside the church. I know He will open that door when He is ready. I do go to a Bible Study and, of course, pray and read the Bible on my own.
God is moving many people out of the organized churches....

Active
Very good answer. If you are a believer, God lives in you inside or outside the church. I recommend going to a physical Church of like believers, ironically, I am currently outside a physical church. Sometime ago , the church leaders saw it fit to change a 100 year old order....that the definition of marriage was no longer between a man and a woman but between two consenting adults..
I left that organization....besides the 'Church" is all believers!!!