• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do you have a Spiritual Gift?

Do you have a Spiritual Gift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was reading a book on Spiritual gifts in preparation for a series of Sermons. And it had some interesting thoughts about the Spiritual Gifts. So, I am asking for some answers from this sites members, I plan also to give a survey to my church, as I prepare to teach on Spiritual gifts, I would like to know where they stand, as to understanding the gift.
So if you would please help me, to get a read on how Christians feel about the topic.

1.Do you have a Spiritual gift? If Yes, respond and tell what it is.

2. Have you ever taken a Spiritual gifts test?

3.If Yes, to question 2, did the test reveal your gift as stated above?

4.Are Spiritual gifts and the Gifts of the Spirit the same?

5.Are the fruits of the Spirit and the Spritual gifts the same?

6.Do all the Spiritual gifts still operate today?

7.Do some of the Spiritual gifts operate today?

8.Is a Spiritual gift received at the moment of Salvation?

9.Do you or will you always have the same Spiritual gift?

10.Is there a difference between a Spiritual gift and a talent?

Thanks for you answers, I look forward to reading them.

In Christ Service,
Your Pastor T

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm sure your speaking of specific spiritual gifts such as healing, interpretation, etc.

However, mine is what all believers have. The gift of the Holy Spirit :) Thanks to Jesus Christ!

Spiritual gifts are a blessing, and my favorite chapter in the whole bible is 1 cor. 11 or 12. One or the other. It tells all the different gifts. I have been blesse with gifts. One speaking in tounges(Prayer language, I've never spoke over anyone) two distinguishing between spirits. And I've been blessed with intercessory prayer as most know. Thanks be to God for He is great!

God Bless
Sis in Christ :love:
Lnrobar

Pastor T hey great question(s) here is my answer(s)

1) yes I do have spiritual gifts decernment, prayer language

2) yes

3)I took a test and yes it did reflect my gifts but I think people need to be very truthfull when answering those questions and not answer what they think is "right"

4) I find no shame in telling you that I dont know the answer of that for sure. I am rather a new babe in Christ so I have much to learn.

5) same answer as 4

6) yes

7) I think that was answered for me in 6 if not I dont think I fully understood what you where asking:)

8) Ok this one is opinion and I am unsure if I am right so feel free to bounce back with it but.. I think the answer is sometimes... I think that your gift will develope more ,with more you put in and seeking the gift.

9) I dont know ,I think that anything is possible :)

10) well I guess it depends on what you mean by a talent because there are unsaved people who are talented. Everything is a gift from God ... but not always a gift of the Spirit. God will use your talemts but bless us with awesome gifts too...

These are just my thoughts . See this is the talking I have been missing. Please brother tell me what your thought sre from my response I love to learn and hear what my brothers and sisters can teach me .. God Bless!

Hope this is of some use...

I lack knowledge but I'll try my best .... hope it can be of some use..

Not sure

No, unless this is one

Non applicable .. see above

If the holy spirit was a spiritual gift then maybe gifts of the spirit come from growth of that spirit and our own personal journey. We are blessed with spiritual gifts through his spirit but in growth accept any advancement or special gift God bestows upon us according to his divine will and purpose for us as christians.

If a spiritual gift is love, understanding etc, through the holy spirit... then fruits of the spirit could be the growth of such gifts nurtured. Therefore, outcomes from our exercise of the spiritual gifts given.

If they things like love, compassion etc.... then yes

getting confused now... but i think so

If holy spirit then yes

I think so if it is the holy spirit but i believe we can fall from grace. If blessings like understanding, hope, love etc then I believe we always have it but can lose sight of it or dull it through our sinful living or clutches of the devil at times of temptation and trial.

Hmmm Maybe Talents are blessings from human birth, i think spiritual gifts are blessings from spiritual birth but they may complement one another.

Salvation.

2. Have you ever taken a Spiritual gifts test? no

4.Are Spiritual gifts and the Gifts of the Spirit the same? I don't know.

5.Are the fruits of the Spirit and the Spritual gifts the same? probably not

6.Do all the Spiritual gifts still operate today? no

7.Do some of the Spiritual gifts operate today? maybe

8.Is a Spiritual gift received at the moment of Salvation? I don't know

9.Do you or will you always have the same Spiritual gift? yes

10.Is there a difference between a Spiritual gift and a talent? maybe

-Bill

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Your Pastor T.:

I know that I have the "gift" of eternal life through Jesus Christ that is sealed by the Holy "Spirit."

I know that our Heavenly Father has called me into the ministry of Christian education.

I know that in the world I am considered to be a "gifted" person.

Please share with me what you have learned about the subject of spiritual gifts? (I am especially interested in how doctrines are established from the two family manuscripts.) Thank you for this courtesy.

Last edited:
i've just recently realized that i have what i can only explain as word of knowledge. never really thought about it but i was talkin to vagabond and sai dsomething about how i get these feelings and i know that something good or bad is about to happen before it does and sometimes to whom it will happen. kinda freak but true. feel wierd admitting it because im not sure and idk im just like that i dont really share that stuff but i read a scripture that says if you have been given one of the gifts of the spirit you are to confess it.So i guess that will develope as i seek god and pray but if not then okay. its for his use not mine.
the only question i think im knowledgable enough to answer is 6.Do all the Spiritual gifts still operate today? and have to say yes the holy spirit is the same as now as hes always been.

1. If by that, you are refering to the gifts of the Spirit in 1 Cor. 12 and 14 (revelation, power, and utterance gifts), then Yes. The Spirit does and has operated thru me in these gifts at different times during my Christain life, most often revelations gifts.

2. Yes just recently

3.Somewhat - After I took it I realized it was not exactly refering to these type of gifts above. It was more like what God has called us to do. our postion in the body of christ.

4.Not sure how to answer that. Salvation is a gift and of course spiritual. So is the gift of the Holy Ghost. Also He gave gifts to the Body of Christ as a whole ( 5 fold ministry). But I refer to Gifts of the Spirit as stated above in #1.

5.No. You can receive a gift but not necesarily have fruit. A new Spirit filled Christian can be used in the gifts but be very immature. Fruit is growing and developing your character in the ways of God. Gifts are doing - fruit is being.

6.Yes all gifts of the Spirit

7.All

8. No. Gifts of the Spirit are recieved when a BELIEVER (Christians) is baptized with the Holy Spirit as in Acts 2. Then the Spirit Himself gives us the gifts. ( Could be almost simulanteous tho)

9.He will use us in different gifts, the ones which are needed at the time, if we are willing and yielded to Him.

10. Yes. Spiritual Gifts are gifts from the Holy Spirit but talents are natural gifts we were born with and have developed,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following post is "cut and paste" from another thread:

There are twenty five "spiritual gifts" outlined in Scripture. Every Christian has been equipped by God with one or more. We are to discover what our gift(s) is/are and how to use it/them, in order to become spiritually mature Christians.
(1) Prophecy- Luke 7:26; Acts 15:32; Acts 21:9-11; Romans 12:6; 1 Cor. 12:10,28; Eph.4:11-14
(2) Pastor- John 10:1-18; Eph.4:11-14; 1 Tim.3:1-7; 1 Pet.5:1-3
(3) Teaching- Acts 18:24-28; Acts 20:20-21; Rom.12:17; 1 Cor.12:28; Eph.4:11-14
(4) Wisdom- Acts 6:3, 10; 1 Cor.2:1-13; 1 Cor.12:8, Jam.1:5-6; 2 Pet. 3:15-16
(5) Knowledge-Acts 5:1-11; 1 Cor.2:14; 1 Cor.12:8; 2 Cor.11:6; Col.2:2-3
(6) Exhortation-Acts 14:22; Rom. 12:8; 1 Tim.4:13; Heb.10:25
(7) Discerning of spirits-Matt.16:21-23, Acts 5:1-11; Acts 16:16-18, 1 Cor. 12:10; 1 John 4:1-6
(8) Giving- Mark 12:41-44; Rom.12:8; 2 Cor.8:1-7; 2 Cor 9:2-8
(9) Helps-Mark 15:40-41; Luke 8:2-3; Acts 9:36; Rom. 16:1-2; 1 Cor.12:28
(10) Mercy-Matt. 20:29-34; Matt.25:34-40; Mark 9:41; Luke 10:33-35; Acts 11:28-30; Acts 16:33-34; Rom. 12:8
(11) Missionary-Acts 8:4; Acts 13:2-3; Acts 22:21; Rom. 10:15; 1 Cor.9:19-23
(12) Evangelist-Acts 8:5-6; Acts 8:26-40; Acts 14:21; Acts 21:8; Eph.4:11-14; 2 Tim.2:4
(13) Hospitality-Acts 16:14-15; Rom. 12:9-13; Rom.16:23; Heb.13:1-2; 1 Pet.4:9
(14) Faith- Acts 11:22-24; Acts 27:21-25; Rom. 4:18-21; 1 Cor. 12:9; Heb. 11
(15) Leadership-Luke 9:51; Acts 7:10; Acts 15:7-11; Rom.12:8; 1 Tim. 5:17; Heb.13:17
(16) Administration- Luke 14:28-30; Acts 6:1-7; Acts 27:11; 1 Cor. 12:28; Titus 1:5
(17) Miracles- Acts 9:36-42; Acts 19:11-20; Acts 20:7-12; Rom. 15:18-19; 1 Cor.12:10,28; 2 Cor.12:12
(18) Healing- Acts 3:1-10; Acts 5:12-16; Acts 9:32-35; Acts 28:7-10; 1 Cor. 12:9,28
(19) Tongues-Mark 16:17; Acts 2: 1-13; Acts 10:44-46; Acts 19:1-7; 1 Cor.12:10,28; 1 Cor. 14:13-19
(20) Interpretation- 1 Cor.12:10,30; 1 Cor.14:13; 1 Cor. 14:26-28
(21) Voluntary poverty-Acts 2:44-45; Acts 4:34-37; 1 Cor. 13:1-3; 2 Cor. 6:10; 2 Cor. 8:9
(22) Celibacy-Matt. 19:10-12; 1 Cor. 7:7-8
(23) Intercession-Luke 22:41-44; Acts 12:12; Col.1:9-12; Col.4:12-13; 1 Tim. 2:1-2; Jam.5:14-16
(24) Exorcism-Matt.12:22-32; Luke 10:12-20; Acts 8:5-8; Acts 16:16-18
(25) Service-Acts 6:1-7; Rom. 12:7; Gal.6:2,10; 2 Tim.1:16-18; Titus 3:14

Spiritual gifts have never ceased. As long as there are Christians, they will be around and God uses them to accomplish His purpose and will on earth. Man is the vessel through which the Spiritual gifts are channeled yielding the fruit of the Spirit "...love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law."(Gal.5:22-23). The fruit is singular, but branches out from God, to our fellowman and produces outstanding results within ourselves.

God extends His grace to ALL and there is NO second work of grace given to a few specific believers who want to be closer to the LORD than others. We are ALL on level ground with Christ...no big "I's" and little "you's"...Calvary made that difference. Christ does all the living and work in, with, and through us. He makes no mistakes.

If any would like to take some tests on discovering your Spiritual gifts, you may ask at a local Christian bookstore for questionnaires : Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire...Finding Your Spiritual Gifts and/or Spiritual Gifts Inventory questionnaire by Dr. Larry Gilbert. It might be interesting to find out that your Spiritual gift(s) is not "tongues" and that they may not even be your gift or one of your gifts. Many churches require their new members to take these tests to help learn what ministry the member will be suited for in that body of believers.

Last edited:
Pastor T:

I wish to answer the questions that you asked with as much wisdom as possible.

(1) Yes, my Spiritual gifts are serving, administration, teaching, mercy, wisdom and giving.
(2) Yes, I have taken tests to reveal my gifts.
(3) Yes, the gifts were revealed through tests.
(4) The gifts of the Spirit, mentoned in the Bible, are included in the Spiritual gifts.
(5) I do not believe the fruit of the Spirit and Spiritual gifts are the same, but fruit results from our gifts. In the previous post, I stated that "Man is the vessel through which the Spiritul gifts are channeled yielding the fruit of the Spirit...love, joy , peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23). The fruit is singular, but branches forth from God, to our fellowman, and produces outstanding results within ourselves."
(6) I believe the Spiritual gifts still operate today because they are given by the Spirit of Christ and "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Hebrews 13:8)
(7) I believe I answered this in question 6; however, I will add that I think some are more beneficial in building up the body of Christ than others, in today's society.
(8) I believe that the Spiritual gifts are given at salvation. As saints of God, we are fully equipped and "complete" in Christ. (Colossians 2:10) "That the man of God may be perfect(mature), throughly(to finish and to fully equip; acomplish; thoroughly furnish; perfected) furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:17)
(9) I think a Christian will always have his Spiritual gifts, but they may be used at different times and for different purposes...I also think other gifts may be given according to need.
(10) I do not think the Spiritual gift(s) and a talent are the same thing. A talent is a natural ability one has (ex. cooking, singing, sewing, crafts, art, designing, etc.) and the Spiritual gift(s) is/are God-given works of the Spirit within a Christian that shines forth and benefits the entire body of Christ. We are responsible to "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12d) We must allow the Spirit to work in, with, and through us and never glory in our talents, abilities, or gift(s). Christ must do the work and performing of them through us, as we yield to His leadership.

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm not quite sure how to say or acknowledge this one. I'll let this one pass for safeness sake.

No.

N/A

I consider the Spirit a gift automatically that comes with Salvation by GOD's grace. Once again, an automatic gift as we originally do not deserve anything but death - this is a free automatic gift to all who believe in Christ as Savior. Spiritual gifts are additional unique gifts that GOD provides us according to His will.

No. Same answer as TDS has, I believe this as well.

Well, I do not memorize all specific gifts, I'd say yes however.

Indeed, praise GOD :)

Holy Spirit yes. Others, only GOD knows. I can't see for sure.

Whatever the will of GOD's. Probably a yes, maybe not.

Talent I believe is another gift to express itself through whatever 'talent' GOD gives us. I believe it is a way to express the glory of GOD as well. Spiritual gifts I believe are meant specifically to do the will of GOD, equipping us with such gifts to go with the faithful works GOD has for us.

Yes I flow in all the gifts.
Yes
Absolutely
Yes
No. Gifts are manifestations of God, fruits are manifestations that my spirit has matured.
I recently put my hand on two individuals. One was healed of headaches, the other of an injury that occurred lifting weights.
See above...
Before salvation. The gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
The more I operate in them the more I experience.
A gift is an operation that ministers to other from God, a talent is the life of God given to me

Cant remember the ones from the tests but i got a prophecy stating that i was going to become a teacher of the word so i guess that is/will be my main one.

Yes i have taking quite a few.

Surprisingly yes, i dont have much confidence so dont imagine i could be a teacher but when i took a big one (which others had to mark you on and it was all combined) teaching did come out top, i think the others were diserment and knowelage.

Not sure

Not sure

Yes!

All.

Could be, or it may be later on in the faith (look at Spurgeon his teaching came at salvation most proabably - he was a pastor within a year!).

I think so yes, perhaps others may come as we mature but i believe God builds us to best use the gift He has given us.

Yes talent is something we are born with or develop, a gift is exactly that - something God has given us.