• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Do you feel that, “the institutionalized church” leaders have stood up in the name of Jesus during this time of crisis, With a solid word from God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
Before this crisis slipped up upon most, their messages was about what? “Kingdom building”,? Honestly I don’t even know. But my message has always been the same from the day I was “born from above”, “Repent” for “The Day of the Lord is at hand”, “Believe in the message of the “Salvation of God”! “Now is the Time” because tomorrow might be to late”, “draw unto Him while He is near”, for your time, is nearer, than what you think”. “Draw closer to Him and He will draw closer to you”! Now is the day of “Salvation”!
“Call Him”. For His channel is “wireless”! And tell Him, you want, “The Salvation of God” in its Full-ness! “The Bible says: Call upon the name of the Lord and thou shall be saved”, His name is spell and pronounce different in many languages all over the world! But from this part of the world, from where I am from, many pronounce His name in the English language as “Jesus Christ” the Son of the Living GOD! And there is no other name on earth can a man be save but by the name of Jesus!

Active
I'm pretty sure most of the doors are shut. He wants a personal relationship with his own, not them running off to church 2-3 times a week and calling it good, theres almost no growth or possibly wrong growth as all truth is in Jesus, get it from him through the Holy Ghost. Not a human. Let him confirm what he has taught through a human, but learn from the Lord. IMO
Side note, when I was a child in the Lord I went to Ft. Worth to see an Evangelist Rodney Howard Brown, guy was able to floor me with just a touch on the forehead, only
happened once and still not sure how it was done. In retrospect he runs a Bible college in Florida that I would now see him as lets say semi false or profiting off the word
which is something I definitely do not agree with. Long story short he was arrested just a few days ago for holding service at his home church in Florida, and was quoted
as saying that shuttering the doors was for "pansies".

I know that you cannot run from God and if slated to pass as a Cananite in the land you will and there's nothing you can do about it.

Loyal
I'm pretty sure most of the doors are shut. He wants a personal relationship with his own, not them running off to church 2-3 times a week and calling it good, theres almost no growth or possibly wrong growth as all truth is in Jesus, get it from him through the Holy Ghost. Not a human. Let him confirm what he has taught through a human, but learn from the Lord. IMO
Side note, when I was a child in the Lord I went to Ft. Worth to see an Evangelist Rodney Howard Brown, guy was able to floor me with just a touch on the forehead, only
happened once and still not sure how it was done. In retrospect he runs a Bible college in Florida that I would now see him as lets say semi false or profiting off the word
which is something I definitely do not agree with. Long story short he was arrested just a few days ago for holding service at his home church in Florida, and was quoted
as saying that shuttering the doors was for "pansies".

I know that you cannot run from God and if slated to pass as a Cananite in the land you will and there's nothing you can do about it.

So is that why there is no solid word from God through them in this time of crisis, Because they don’t have any. Because I see the Guru’s, have plenty to say! And instructions doing these times of crisis.

Active
So is that why there is no solid word from God through them in this time of crisis, Because they don’t have any. Because I see the Guru’s, have plenty to say! And instructions doing these times of crisis.
Not sure who THEM in specific is, but I doubt that most would admit this thing is from God. They're not gonna tell their base what I said. Lose too much money.
Many false prophets making merchandise of Gods people.
The 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 says everything I need to hear.

Loyal
LOL! They have gotten so quiet, Trying to figure out, how to get 10% of that stimulus “Trump money”, in the back room, maybe? Here in the U.S.A. You know some Pastors here Fly 70 million dollar “Gulf-stream”. Jets. And drive around in his and hers “Bentleys” and “Baby Benz” for the kids.
Or maybe I could be wrong. They just might be mailing out “Stimulus checks” too. That is why the church collect money for the 1st day of the week, is to help the poor and the needed. I’m just saying, it is not right, and who knows if, GOD has said: “it is enough”!

Loyal
(Amos 3).
6When a trumpet sounds in a city,
do not the people tremble?
When disaster comes to a city,
has not the Lord caused it?
7Surely the Sovereign Lorddoes nothing
without revealing his plan
to his servants the prophets.

Active
it is not right, and who knows if, GOD has said: “it is enough”!

I don't think so yet. Matthew 24 lists several things that are considered the beginning of sorrows, but the Lord tells us that before this there will be many that come in my name
saying "I am Christ". Have not heard of any of this happening yet. You?

Loyal
I believe the Oliver discourse or Mathew 24 will take place better than a thousand years from now. And the “Preterist” view believes that Mathew 24 [olivet discourse] has taken place In 70 CE. Already. With the fall of the temple and Jerusalem . And the only ones survived was the ones that left and escape into the hills. So who really knows right now the events of “olivet dis-course. And Josephus did record and witness the fall that Jesus predicted “not one stone shall be left one upon another”.

Active
Matthew 24:1-2 are a separate event. IMO. Then in 3 he begins the discussion of the end. So both are understandable to an extent because it covers 2000+ yrs 1-15.

I'm in the camp of roughly 35-60 yrs left, it's moving along way to fast like a river getting closer and closer to the water fall and picking up speed.

Loyal
I don't think so yet. Matthew 24 lists several things that are considered the beginning of sorrows, but the Lord tells us that before this there will be many that come in my name
saying "I am Christ". Have not heard of any of this happening yet. You?

yes, through out the world a few has been
Proclaiming themselves as the messiah. With hundred of thousand of members. Especially like that one in China.

Loyal
Plus in Matthew 24:3 they ask Jesus three different question and maybe not actually knowing they did. And most likely Jesus knew the content of their inquiry but went beyond it and satisfied us also who would come along after them. Hard to say, my hands are up in the air too.

Had to answer the phone earlier, sorry about not completing the reply.

Loyal
I have notice today certain ministries are standing up and giving courage to the body of Christ as a whole. And dropping the denomination references. And addressing the blessing and the mercy covid-19 has made possible, and this is a blessing. Finally eyes are being open. How lives are really being saved, and a period of rest.

Active
Do you feel that, “the institutionalize church” leaders has stood up in the name of Jesus doing this time of crisis, With a solid word from God?

Not really. the Visible Church has been conspicuous by it's absence, and has demonstrated its lack of Commitment, and powerlessness in the midst of crisis for all to see.

Active
The Pope has claimed the teachings of Jesus were a failure, he has called the leaders of all the religions of the world together to create a one world religion. The archbishop of Canterbury and several evangelicals have joind this motley throng, that include muslims, budists and many more. So to answer the question have the churches stood for Jesus. I should say not!

Loyal
Hey, their prophets didn't see that one coming! That building fund and that church Mortgage, most likely threw them into a stupor leading into a "Brain Freeze". "Name it and claim it" I bet a lot of them got a big "stimulus check" too, and I bet they are not broadcasting it. and I bet they are not hollering about "separation of church and state"! They have went dark, since they have their hand in the cookie jar. LOL! takin a bribe is something else.
King James Bible
And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.
(Exodus 23:8).

Sounds like what "Hitler" did to the "Confessing" church in Germany, leading and ground work for "WWII". If you know that history and familiar with "The Theologian "Dietrich Bonhoeffer" the parallels are similar.

Loyal
Luke 21:10 Then He told them, Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. [2Ch_15:6; Isa_19:2]
Luke 21:11 There will be mighty and violent earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences (plagues: malignant and contagious or infectious epidemic diseases which are deadly and devastating); and there will be sights of terror and great signs from heaven. (AMP)

Staff Member
Sadly. the "church" and its members are caught up in fear.
Covid -19 has become central in peoples hearts and minds.

The call for Christians to share the gospel seems to have been lost and Covid-19 has become the main topic

Brother @Curtis has shared a word that reminds us that our strength is in Christ

Even in these last days we have victory in Jesus

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Loyal
And I do think that sometimes we as christians are caught in a great dilemma, because of what is recorded in "Holy Scripture" from Genesis to Revelation, When plagues and pestilence and invading Armies have approach and attacked the people of God and other nations, it was GOD who orchestrated the events.

Now a lot of Christians believe that our Redemption draws near. Then when destructions of all types begins to happen, it seems to me, that many cannot see it that it is GOD who is doing it. God's Angel according to my Bible is the ones bringing terror as well upon the Earth. A little bit at a time. And Jesus is the one who is "Breaking the Seals" and slowly taking the "Restrainer" away. God is making men fight one another and among themselves, the "holy Scriptures" testifies of these type of Happenings both in the old and new.

Now how shall we live and should we talk about these things and should we warn others and how often? ( Example only: below)

The Return of the Son of Man
(Matthew 24:26-31; Mark 13:24-27)

25There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves. 26Men will faint from fear and anxiety over what is coming upon the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.b 28When these things begin to happen, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

The Lesson of the Fig Tree
(Matthew 24:32-35; Mark 13:28-31)

29Then Jesus told them a parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31So also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Be Watchful for the Day

34But watch yourselves, or your hearts will be weighed down by dissipation, drunkenness, and the worries of life—and that day will spring upon you suddenly like a snare. 35For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of all the earth. 36So keep watch at all times, and pray that you may have the strength to escape all that is about to happen and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37Every day Jesus taught at the temple, but every evening He went out to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. 38And early in the morning all the people would come to hear Him at the temple.

I can see the dilemma of Christians who are not interested in handing out food boxes but sounding a alarm. "Who wants to go to Hell on a full stomach"!

Loyal
The Pope has claimed the teachings of Jesus were a failure
The reality Read What Pope Francis Said at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral

"The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

Active
The reality Read What Pope Francis Said at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral

"The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."
I take your point Hekuran, to the world the cross does appear a failure. However, for the Pope to stand alongside all the religions of the world and treat them as equal, allow them to pray to their own gods, and call them to a one world religion, shows that he does not honour the teachings of Jesus, who said " Nobody comes to the Father but by me".

Status
Not open for further replies.