• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do you consider video games the Devil?

Call it whatever you like, are video games the devil, is it a sin, are video games demonic. They all mean the same thing, at least in my eyes. The point I’m trying to make is why do some people consider certain video games the devil? Now I haven’t seen anything like that here, however I’ve seen it in other communities. I don’t understand why some people would consider it though, I want to know how you think on this topic. Please do not confuse this as an attack, I’m not here to purposely offend anyone. I just have a simple question.

Loyal
Call it whatever you like, are video games the devil, is it a sin, are video games demonic. They all mean the same thing, at least in my eyes. The point I’m trying to make is why do some people consider certain video games the devil? Now I haven’t seen anything like that here, however I’ve seen it in other communities. I don’t understand why some people would consider it though, I want to know how you think on this topic. Please do not confuse this as an attack, I’m not here to purposely offend anyone. I just have a simple question.
What is the content of the game about?
Is it uplifting or pure or is it killing and fantasy and so forth.

There is your answer
Blessings

What is the content of the game about?
Is it uplifting or pure or is it killing and fantasy and so forth.

There is your answer
Blessings

I’ll have an example for you, Doom. A game that goes back a good amount of years, created by a company called Bethesda. But that doesn’t matter, for the most part, it’s a game about killing demons. You, the player, are trying to survive an onslaught of demons that show no mercy. Would that be considered demonic because of demons? Or, if you look at it this way, should one like it because you kill demons that have been known for pure evil?

Active
The point I’m trying to make is why do some people consider certain video games the devil? Now I haven’t seen anything like that here, however I’ve seen it in other communities. I don’t understand why some people would consider it though, I want to know how you think on this topic.

Thank you for raising this topic.

If i may ask, how does this video games personally affect on you? Especially to your relationship with your parents, siblings, studies, and other stuff? Does it makes you feel being annoyed always because people around notice changes on your behavior? Does this video games snacthing you from your time to your family? Those are just questions you can reflect on nothing personal.

My only point is, how does this thing affect on you? You know satan is so clever to used anything to destroy relationships on families, future of ones child/ person, he can use anything.

If this thing is not helping you personally, then it could be an instrument of satan against you.

Staff Member

Greetings @FalloutGuy

Does playing theses games take all your time and concentration?
Do you become lost in them.....as in phased out to all that is going on around you?

The devil will try to steal your heart and focus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Greetings @FalloutGuy

Does playing theses games take all your time and concentration?
Do you become lost in them.....as in phased out to all that is going on around you?

The devil will try to steal your heart and focus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Greetings, and the answer to both of your questions is no. Although, when I was younger, I use to have the ability to play games all the time. Now, after a certain amount of time, I have to quit after a small time due to being bored. What really helped me break away was joining my school’s marching band, as band camp has 10 hours a day of practice, every day, for two weeks minus Saturday and Sunday. It’s weird, just not being able to play games for a long time kinda makes you not wanna go back.

Thank you for raising this topic.

If i may ask, how does this video games personally affect on you? Especially to your relationship with your parents, siblings, studies, and other stuff? Does it makes you feel being annoyed always because people around notice changes on your behavior? Does this video games snacthing you from your time to your family? Those are just questions you can reflect on nothing personal.

My only point is, how does this thing affect on you? You know satan is so clever to used anything to destroy relationships on families, future of ones child/ person, he can use anything.

If this thing is not helping you personally, then it could be an instrument of satan against you.

Video games no longer affects me as it used to. Is it possible playing games for long periods of time, destroying relationships with your friends and family, is on your own choice and has nothing to do with satan?

Active
Video games no longer affects me as it used to. Is it possible playing games for long periods of time, destroying relationships with your friends and family, is on your own choice and has nothing to do with satan?

Yes, it is a choice but a child who is not yet aware of how does it affect him, it could be an instrument of satan to destroy relationship of families,
particularly if it affect the child’s personal connection/ communication time between him and his parents/ siblings/ friends/
(dogs just kidding)

In worst cases, not just on relationship with the people around him but in general like health coz someone who is so addicted to it will skip meals just to focus on their games.

So that means it is still a clever instrument of the enemy to destroy someone’s life.

Loyal
I’ll have an example for you, Doom. A game that goes back a good amount of years, created by a company called Bethesda. But that doesn’t matter, for the most part, it’s a game about killing demons. You, the player, are trying to survive an onslaught of demons that show no mercy. Would that be considered demonic because of demons? Or, if you look at it this way, should one like it because you kill demons that have been known for pure evil?
The problem is demons are not like they are portrayed in these games and Hollywood movie's but it is the way the devil wants them to be seen.

You have been given some good advice and yet nothing that touches the real dangers.

satan works his trickery and evil very subtle. It does not matter how one views the games or feels about them, truth is that they are slowly working in your mind and slowly influencing your thinking.

See scripture says to abstain from all evil for a reason.

See even if a person is just playing or joking around, well satan is not. he will use what ever he can.

A recent killing spree was done by a kid who thought all was well and one day he threw his entire life away by killing many people. All he knew was he thought he was playing the game.

Do I play video games? Some times I will drag out the PS but I race cars. Pure simple racing. Lol

Blessings to you

Active
The problem is demons are not like they are portrayed in these games and Hollywood movie's but it is the way the devil wants them to be seen.

You have been given some good advice and yet nothing that touches the real dangers.

satan works his trickery and evil very subtle. It does not matter how one views the games or feels about them, truth is that they are slowly working in your mind and slowly influencing your thinking.

This is so true.

A recent killing spree was done by a kid who thought all was well and one day he threw his entire life away by killing many people. All he knew was he thought he was playing the game.

There were lots of news about this. And satan so clever to use innocent children.

Loyal
Do those video games meet these criteria?

Nah just depends how u use it, obviously if ur on it 24/7 it’s distracting u from more important things. Also some people get to into a game and apply it to real life like shooting games lol. As long as u know it’s just a game and ur doing it for fun and for a good purpose then in my opinion it fine just don’t let it get to ur head ( I like video games lol ) but ion know God’s prob like liz what are u saying dude lolol

Loyal
Nah just depends how u use it, obviously if ur on it 24/7 it’s distracting u from more important things. Also some people get to into a game and apply it to real life like shooting games lol. As long as u know it’s just a game and ur doing it for fun and for a good purpose then in my opinion it fine just don’t let it get to ur head ( I like video games lol ) but ion know God’s prob like liz what are u saying dude lolol
God said Abstain which means stay away from, having nothing to do with or do not touch...... From AL EVIL

So because its just a game we can ignore God and justify it?
Not Hardly.

These games are created by people who are heavily influenced by our enemy the devil.

The things said in the quote are exactly what our enemy the devil wants us to think.

To think one can allow that stuff in your head over and over and think nothing will happen is not true at all.

Note: Remember the types of games they are talking about.

Blessings

God said Abstain which means stay away from, having nothing to do with or do not touch...... From AL EVIL

So because its just a game we can ignore God and justify it?
Not Hardly.

These games are created by people who are heavily influenced by our enemy the devil.

The things said in the quote are exactly what our enemy the devil wants us to think.

To think one can allow that stuff in your head over and over and think nothing will happen is not true at all.

Note: Remember the types of games they are talking about.

Blessings

In my opinion I think god understands us as humans and he wants us to be happy.. not every video game creator is manipulated by the devil.. so you can’t judge and say that they are only god knows and some might even be Christian and enjoy games. There’s a lot of tv and technology around us today and it’s all depends on us and how we use these things .. for good or for evil. Gods knows ur heart :) that’s all that matters in the end.

Loyal
In my opinion I think god understands us as humans and he wants us to be happy..
Lol He created us to Love Him.
Happy as in The Joy of Thee Lord.

not every video game creator is manipulated by the devil.. so you can’t judge and say that they are only god knows and some might even be Christian and enjoy games.
Any and All games containing violence and evil and demons is not of God or Christians.

for good or for evil. Gods knows ur heart :smile: that’s all that matters in the end
Amen so true and yet if our hearts are not concerned with what He has said then it matters much.

Being a Christian is not a fluff fluff free for all and everything is all ok.

Blessings

Lol He created us to Love Him.
Happy as in The Joy of Thee Lord.

Any and All games containing violence and evil and demons is not of God or Christians.

Amen so true and yet if our hearts are not concerned with what He has said then it matters much.

Being a Christian is not a fluff fluff free for all and everything is all ok.

Blessings

The fact that ur arguing with me is creating negative energy.. for no reason, Christianity isn’t a fluff I never said that.. I said it it determines how you perceive everything .. video games technology.. the fact that ur using ur phone may be considered sinning.. but are we using it for evil? People could be using it for the Bible for anything video games are not soly based on violence and such .. but yeah god bless you and I don’t think god is gunna think of me any less because I like a video game ... of any kind

Loyal
The fact that ur arguing with me is creating negative energy.. for no reason, Christianity isn’t a fluff I never said that.. I said it it determines how you perceive everything .. video games technology.. the fact that ur using ur phone may be considered sinning.. but are we using it for evil? People could be using it for the Bible for anything video games are not soly based on violence and such .. but yeah god bless you and I don’t think god is gunna think of me any less because I like a video game ... of any kind
Arguing with you and causing negative vibes?
You quoted me telling me I can't judge these games and creators.

I reminded you what kind of games this thread is about and spoke with what scripture says about it.

In all that you have said has been bases on what you think. That is what you have said over and over.

The problem there is it does not matter what I think or you think or the man in the moon thinks BUT What The Word Of God Says.

It says to abstain from all evil.
Is killing evil?
Are demons evil?
Is witchcraft evil?

These are the type of games in question in this thread.
If you would have read through you would have seen that I also said I have games that every once in a while I play but they are not the type in question.

No one including myself said technology is bad.

Argue with you? No it would be the word of God you are arguing against.

Blessings

Staff Member
The fact that ur arguing with me is creating negative energy..

Hello Hoshiboi
I can't help but add this comment. You are getting negative vibes from the words from a Brother in Christ Jesus and yet games which have no problem in trying to communicate in a positive way the following in a positive light: murder, death, lying, stealing, immorality, and the list goes on. They're okay and no negative vibes? And yes I know the games are not real and folks use them because they are bored, and have nothing better to do etc. :smile:

Just checking to see where you're coming from.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><