• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do not let your theology get in your way of Loving others

Loyal
With out love theology means nothing, let your love for others shine in your post here on JT. then people will know you have Jesus in you.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Ephesians 5:8
For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

Daniel 12:3
And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 Timothy 2:24
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Titus 3:1-2
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

So when we post a response to someone who we do not agree with maybe we should ask our self ?? IS IT ?

Romans 14:19
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Praise be to God for his word !!

Loyal
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant" I Cor 13:1-4

Loyal
This is good, but I am of the opinion that we can too far the other way also.

We let "love" get in the way of theology.
We marry non-believers, "because we love them".
We hang out do the same things unsaved people do... "because we love them".
We don't tell unsaved people they are going to hell... "because we love them".

Truth without love is not good. But love without the truth is not good either.

Loyal

That word "love" has multiple meanings. Dave was using it in the biblical context of god-like love, which is clear by the passages of scripture he quoted. Same with Amadeus. B-A-C, you clearly were speaking of human love, which was evident by the examples you gave of human love. So many people blend the two together or confuse one for the other, but they are not the same. If we understand the difference, then it explains how all 3 of you are correct in what you are saying and there is no disagreement.

Without godlike love, theology means nothing. Yet, human love gets in the way of theology, i.e. it keeps us from practicing the truth we know, because we are living by our feelings and not by faith. We are more concerned about people liking us than we are concerned about their salvation. On the flip side of that, what Dave was speaking about is how we can be more concerned about being right technically to the point of not showing godlike love and then end up destroying both the message and perhaps injuring another believer out of pride.

Loyal
Agree wholeheartedly

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Loyal
Theology
the study of the nature of God and religious belief.
  • religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed.
I don't have time for the theories of man concerning God's Word.

Love has become a sloppy word these days.
God is Love
We Love God
We Love the things of God
We Love People

Everything else we enjoy.
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

This clears up 1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Blessings

Loyal
That word "love" has multiple meanings.
Who came up with that deal?

Prime example
The first two times, the Bible uses the 'agape' form of love, which is understood to be a general meaning of the word. ... But the third time that Jesus asks Peter if he loves Him, He uses 'phileo,' which speaks of affection, fondness and liking the other. This love is companionable and relational

That's man made theology
Blessings to you and your family

Loyal

Very Well Put Sir !!
Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Loyal
We are told to Love People (each other) Just as Jesus and God the Father Loves Us.

We simply do not Worship people.

Blessings

Loyal
Who came up with that deal?

Prime example
The first two times, the Bible uses the 'agape' form of love, which is understood to be a general meaning of the word. ... But the third time that Jesus asks Peter if he loves Him, He uses 'phileo,' which speaks of affection, fondness and liking the other. This love is companionable and relational

That's man made theology
Blessings to you and your family
Man as usual is the culprit.

"Love" especially in the last half of 20th century and in this century has been twisted and changed to commonly mean "sexual intercourse" [not necessarily in marriage] instead the original agape meaning of scripture. Another word that changed during close to the same time period is "gay". In the city where I attended college, there was a Gay Theater which was simply a movie theater. It originally had to do with being "happy" with no sexual innuendos. Somewhere along the line as the homosexual movement took the word as their own that theater actually began showing X rated films for homosexuals. This is the world we live IN, even if we are not OF it.
Help us dear Lord!

Staff Member
Greetings,

@Dave M , I was thinking the same thing the last couple of days but with a slightly broader scope that being
"Don't let our theology/learning /zeal for both take the place of loving God and man" or perhaps better put, make sure you put it all into practice where applicable

Time for all sorts of things and sometimes even time to sit quietly and prayerfully listen to the Lord that we can hear all His instruction regarding how to put the knowledge into practice. He is after all the Teacher and giver of Life

Bless you ><>

Loyal
B-A-C, you clearly were speaking of human love, which was evident by the examples you gave of human love.

I agree, it was. But if there is a difference between "human love" and "godly love".
Is there a different between "your theology" and God's theology?
Note: I am not trying to pick on anything Sue believes here. I am using this in the generic sense of "your theology" as everyone.
What I am getting at here, is there is a "theology of love", God is love.. God loves everything and everyone. God even loves sin.
God loves people so much that it doesn't matter if they do sin.

Now I know you don't necessarily believe this. But there are people that do. So is this "godly love"? It is being promoted as such.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Perhaps there are seasons?

If you turn to Ecclesiastes to chapter 3 we read much there concerning this topic although some might appear hidden to some but evident to the simple.

Ecclesiastes 3
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? note note

22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Bless you ....><>

Last edited:
Staff Member
And add to that, this

4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Philippians 4:4-9

Loyal
Greetings,

Perhaps there are seasons?

If you turn to Ecclesiastes to chapter 3 we read much there concerning this topic although some might appear hidden to some but evident to the simple.

Bless you ....><>
Even so, the seasons and times do belong to God as we belong to God. We get into trouble when we presume that the times and seasons are ours to do as we will. We can of course do what we want in any time or season, but if our choices are out of step with God's plan... it is we who are in trouble. Lots of believers likely lots of times get into trouble with God for this reason.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Even so, the seasons and times do belong to God as we belong to God. We get into trouble when we presume that the times and seasons are ours to do as we will. We can of course do what we want in any time or season, but if our choices are out of step with God's plan... it is we who are in trouble. Lots of believers likely lots of times get into trouble with God for this reason.

Ah, yes... but

and I think you know the rest

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
@Br. Bear

you are a perfect example of encouragement and letting your light shine in your post, you set a good example for others to follow brother, have a blessed weekend. For he has risen for us !!

Staff Member
Dave,

If it were not for my fellow members here being as iron, I would be blunt and of no use even to spread butter on dry bread.

Bless you ....><>