• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Do Not Be Misled..

Hey Brothers and sisters,

I am blessed. Talk Jesus is unique because my contact here are brothers and sisters across the miles and throughout God's nations, in text form. Outside in the community of the San Francisco bay area my ministry is exposed to much human contact, many who are not saved.

I shudder at the thought of approaching my life on my own without God to direct me, instruct me, discipline me, correct me, and counsel me. He does this through others, praise God!

My constant desire of our Father leads me to seek Godly wisdom, study, and mentoring so God can equip me to serve others, witness, and introduce them to Jesus Christ. My goal in this earthly life is to please God so He can mold and refine those who get saved and can have eternal life through Jesus Christ.

This may sting. I have observed those who will prophesy, "to reveal the will or message of God" without offering their reason for the message. I commend their knowledge of scriptures but when they stand back and excercise "Silence is Golden" or walk away, they leave with a mysteriousness and I feel this not effective witnessing.

Have we all mastered the bible so that it is assumed that its automatic to react with an amen when we do not understand? Definitely not! We should ask questions which is expected of a Christian disciple (all of us) in order to understand his or her reason for prophesying. So who is being edified here?

Answers that do not go in a different direction or which can be understood from the original question is like gold and can be used to do what God has planned for you and me to reach His children throughout His nations.

Please read and meditate on Matthew 5:37 Jesus says, "Let your 'Yes' be 'Yes' and your 'No', 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

And Matthew 10:26-28. Jesus says, "So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both the soul and body in hell.

Please be in the spirit, ask for God's leading. Share with your pastor. Be diligent in your research, inquisitive to anyone you may have questions about who preaches God's Word.

Your brother in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
Bobinfaith, there is a lot that I don't understand when it comes to God's word and the bible. What I do understand, I praise God for, what I don't understand, I ask about. A lot of the time when people get on a roll, questions are not answered.
I'm lucky that I have friends here (Bob included) who are more than willing to answer me privately if I can't get an answer out of the main group or a post. So I would like to add to you post Bob.
I would like to ask that if you say something in a post or a chat room and someone asks what your meaning is, please don't ignore them! If someone has questions, its because they are trying to understand something about the Lord, and it is important that the questions get answered.
Thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions Bob! And thanks for continuing to put up with me, because I can guarantee, there are going to be more! :D

Dear Lordsria,

I am happy that our Father has led you and Doug to a new church at home, and the girls have a children's ministry there. You have a boldness for God's truth and your post confirms this. Press on!

Your brother in Christ Jesus.

I have a question / statemen (sorry). I was wondering why sometimes people get annoyed with the questions? I mean I have heard "ask so that you may grow "but I have noticed when I do people get annoyed (not here). Also when is someone not considered a baby christian? I mean is it a time factor or a growth factor? Thank you

Last edited:
Jesuslovesu said:
I have a question / statemen (sorry). I was wondering why sometimes people get annoyed with the questions? I mean I have heard "ask so that you may grow "but I have noticed when I do people get annoyed (not here). Also when is someone not considered a baby christian? I mean is it a time factor or a growth factor? Thank you

Dear Jesuslovesu,

Good question, sister. Please continue to "ask so that you may grow". God wants all of us to grow so that you may be prepared to share God's Word in your home to your children and to the nonbelievers and new believers in your community. Please ask your pastor, bible study and Sunday school instructors your questions as well.

I don't know who these persons are that get annoyed when you ask a question regarding God's Word. My best response to that, Jesuslovesu, is these persons may not know the answer and are hoping you will just go along with them and respond with an "amen!" Please don't do that and I would suggest refrain from asking them. God will hold us accountable when we witness or answer His Word incorrectly to others who are hungry for the scriptures.

Baby Christians are saved daily, praise God! Then it becomes a growth factor, Jesuslovesu. The time factor is really a life long process for all of us in growth with our Lord and Savior.

It depends on your free will that our Father gives all of us to grow. For example, I know Christians that say they have known Jesus Christ all their lives but have never picked up a bible or serve God because they just didn't ask God to build them up to serve. Then their faith is in doubt and they become self reliant because God has not been allowed to work through them. Its sad but not an impossibility to turn this around.

There are Christians who were saved and within a year they are already serving in their families, church, communities, and they are so hungry for the Word! Its not really up to us to keep score, God knows us within our hearts.

I hope this helps. Please message my account anytime at Talk Jesus. I will be prayful to God that He will equip you and I will serve you anytime you have a question, Jesuslovesu.

Your servant in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Bob in Faith SOrry it takes so long to respond sometimes 3 kids and a house to take care of (which I am thankfull for) I do have a question for you I am sending it to you Thanks again

You're a wise man, Bob. Too many people these days are led down paths of Christianity not by personal study of the Word of God, but by mindlessly following those who claim to be knowledgeable of the scriptures or can boast some high-class education. I've seen that there is rarely any actual study of the Word in many churches, but simply an "amen" and a following (cult-like, in my opinion).

Also, too many Bible "scholars" (not all, not all of them) believe themselves to be without error and expect few, if any, disagreements with their exegesis of the Scriptures.

There are too many "sheep", I suppose, or too many "goats". We are all priests of the Kingdom of God, and equal. We need to behave as such.

-Bill

Shaggy Flasko said:
You're a wise man, Bob. Too many people these days are led down paths of Christianity not by personal study of the Word of God, but by mindlessly following those who claim to be knowledgeable of the scriptures or can boast some high-class education. I've seen that there is rarely any actual study of the Word in many churches, but simply an "amen" and a following (cult-like, in my opinion).

Also, too many Bible "scholars" (not all, not all of them) believe themselves to be without error and expect few, if any, disagreements with their exegesis of the Scriptures.

There are too many "sheep", I suppose, or too many "goats". We are all priests of the Kingdom of God, and equal. We need to behave as such.

-Bill

Dear Shaggy Flasko,

Thank you for sharing, Bill, I agree. You provide an interesting view of some who's exegesis can sound unique (usually attributed to pride, an attempt to "outclever" the world) and will not be questioned.

As Christians, we all should learn to read believe, and obey the bible, and not rely on one interpreter.

Last edited:
Bobinfaith...I enjoyed your point...""This may sting. I have observed those who will prophesy, "to reveal the will or message of God" without offering their reason for the message.....""...good point. I call it a void in the Spirit of Council. Seems to run rampant among those who like to shoot, then run for the cover of their own missunderstanding. Seems they'd eventually figure out that God doesn't give "blind" faith, for He did what He saw/understood what His Father was doing.

Good post Bob. As Christians, we will never fully understand everything. Everytime we look into the Bible, we should learn something new. In order to effectively present the Gospel, we must first pray to God for discernment and also fellowship with others in order to get both questions and answers. We need to help each other out. This is why I prefer group evangelism rather than one person going around. It's difficult either way but at least you'll have others to aid you.

Be not afraid.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, [/B] Matthew 24:24 KJV they shall deceive the very elect. :thumbs_up

In the :love: of Jesus the Messiah,
Brother in Christ, Yeshua :boy_hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeshua said:
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, [/B] Matthew 24:24 KJV they shall deceive the very elect. :thumbs_up

In the :love: of Jesus the Messiah,
Brother in Christ, Yeshua :boy_hug:

Dear Yeshua,

Be not afraid. Yes. It obedience to what Christ says.

When you and I worship its obedience. Obedience is to be a way of life everyday, not just Sundays. When we discipleship, it involves bringing people to Christ and leading them to maturity. When you and I fellowship, brother, its essential and means having a common life together, being involved, loving each other, and communing together. Then we do not become afraid.

This minimizes being misled. We ask questions. We learn to discern and become watchful.

Last edited:
May the blessing of Our Lord Jesus the Messiah be unto all the brothers and sisters who have found Love in their hearts for Him.
In my constant studies it has been noticed that there are gaps and questions left out continually. In all of our studies we will make adjustments to the facts as they become clearer and we will see more truth with each lesson. Some of us are so far advanced in the Holy Books that we sometimes forget that everybody is not up to speed. Today I was studing the history of Pre-Judaism and where the Hebrews were influenced before the Law (Torah) was written. What I found was extreamly hurtful to me from the authors point of view,however it made me think of a quote from Jesus in St. John 5:37,38. Speaking of the witness of the Father"37 And the Father himself,which has sent me,hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time,nor seen his shape.38 And you have not his word abiding in you:for whom he has sent,him you believe not."
Now,that's strange that those exact words were staring at me from the open Bible on my desk but as I was so discusted with what I had just read then turned and saw that on the desk.Well,who knows. The Author denounced the Messiah.What he said was sure tough to read and I'll not repeate it,but the more that you learn then the more you suffer. This is an understanding which new and old Christians are familiar with and it is the suffering and denial from others that makes us stronger in Christ. Don't ever give in to the negitive words of those that do not see the Truth. Search your heart for Him day and night and Love Him more each day. It does not matter to me where I go after the grave because as long as I have conscieness in me I will Love God the Father,Jesus the Christ and The Holy Spirit with all the ferver within my soul,and seek to increase that ferver forever. It is a gift from Almighty God to have the Lord Jesus Christ in our lives and a pitty for those who do not.
Brothers and Sisters,may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

test everthing

why would any christian be upset when they are asked top clarify, don' t be naive as the scripture say not everyone who says LORD LORD will enter the kingdom , test everything against the word.
God bless u Bob for keeping it real

love you guys