• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do Christians really understand what "Grace" is?

Over the years having heard so many sermons about grace it has really come to my attention that many professing Christians I don't think know what is. The problem with that is we are entering a time that we will need God's grace like never before to avoid the landmines being placed around us by the devil and to walk in victory with Jesus.

Many are living a Christian lifestyle and have thinking that opposes grace. What is most concerning about that is when they are really in trouble, I mean really in TROUBLE and need the grace of God, He will resist them just like they resisted Him! I made a 20-minute video that will shed some light on grace. And maybe even give you some insights you haven't heard that would persuade you to live a little differently if you already are not.

Active
Grace means unmerited favor.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by Grace you are saved through Faith: and that not of yourselves; it is a Gift of God.

Grace is a gift that you do not deserve, or can work for.

1 Corinthians 1:4 -I thank my God always on your behalf, for the Grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ

Romans 6:14 - For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

God forgives us by Grace, only after your are saved. You are under Grace or you are not saved.

Loyal
"Do Christians really understand what "Grace" is"

They should, they receive it everyday. And every time they read the Book. and Thank God, you can receive it and not understand it. And receive "Full Benefits" from something you don't understand. Now What about that "Grace":p Aren't we so bless to receive a gift we knew nothing about, and will not know the Full benefits of that gift, until "Coronation Day" when GOD the Father will unveil the "Manifestation" of That "Truth" that still lies in darkness until the fullness of time.

American Standard Version
Wherefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and make manifest the counsels of the hearts; and then shall each man have his praise from God.

"For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God"

We know that "Saving Grace" is a gift from GOD>

It is like when you receive a gift. And you ask the giver of the gift, the question: what is it? Then the giver, tells you what it is. The giver of this gift said: "It's "Eternal Life" and no one can take it away, for It is "Sealed", by The "Spirit of The Living GOD! And GOD Cannot Lie!

Active
Over the years having heard so many sermons about grace it has really come to my attention that many professing Christians I don't think know what is. The problem with that is we are entering a time that we will need God's grace like never before to avoid the landmines being placed around us by the devil and to walk in victory with Jesus.

Many are living a Christian lifestyle and have thinking that opposes grace. What is most concerning about that is when they are really in trouble, I mean really in TROUBLE and need the grace of God, He will resist them just like they resisted Him! I made a 20-minute video that will shed some light on grace. And maybe even give you some insights you haven't heard that would pWellersuade you to live a little differently if you already are not.

Well Its super simplified, but he's right as far as he goes...When he learns more about it, it will blow him away!

Well Its super simplified, but he's right as far as he goes...When he learns more about it, it will blow him away!
Thanks for your comment. I think with youtube videos you wish you could share your exhausted knowledge on it (whatever little I have to add), but you realize the lack of hunger out there for knowing the things of God is limited so my thinking is if I can manage to get a thought in there that might stick pointing them to right the path of following Jesus, then that work of the Spirit through me to maybe encourage someone else to look into it further may be all the work I can do on a social media platform.
By the way, all of this can seem a fruitless exercise right now, because I believe the next couple of years people are not going to be listen. The events of these days are to much and many people will tune out of everything except their pet sins and entertainment, But this works well for satan to set up his infrastructure of destruction and enslavement. Until Jesus returns and in every generation we must not quit reaching the lost and that includes those who professed Jesus Christ as their Savior, but for whatever reason have walked away.

Active
Here's what I see:

Beginning with the least of all religions, the least being the first place to begin, re-establishing them in the fullness of their Glory is and setting forth a covenant of peace between these differing religions and ethnic groups should be the first step to reducing the spiritual conflict behind much of the world's bigger issues. Once these issues are resolved, lesser issues can be targeted and resolved, so that healing can take place on a standardized scale. If it occurs in this order, I think it will be possible to restore man to honor and love, and reduce the shedding of blood world-wide and increase the focus and honor of helping neighboring countries and groups.

I think the core of the issues in the world are in religions, the conflicts that come forth from them, and evil men that are draw to the sword and blood. If a proper anointing takes place, it should be possible to redirect the current to a holy and honorable will.

What do you think? I'm serious.

Active
Here's what I see:

Beginning with the least of all religions, the least being the first place to begin, re-establishing them in the fullness of their Glory is and setting forth a covenant of peace between these differing religions and ethnic groups should be the first step to reducing the spiritual conflict behind much of the world's bigger issues. Once these issues are resolved, lesser issues can be targeted and resolved, so that healing can take place on a standardized scale. If it occurs in this order, I think it will be possible to restore man to honor and love, and reduce the shedding of blood world-wide and increase the focus and honor of helping neighboring countries and groups.

I think the core of the issues in the world are in religions, the conflicts that come forth from them, and evil men that are draw to the sword and blood. If a proper anointing takes place, it should be possible to redirect the current to a holy and honorable will.

What do you think? I'm serious.
We were discussing GRACE in this thread...Do you have anything to add to this topic?

Active
True Grace is a saving grace and is from God and God alone. It is His unmerited favor on Believers, a gift to them. And if it is a gift, it is free for those who believe...none of us and all of Him. There is nothing for us to do but accept the gift!

Active
I wonder why Christians insist on defining Grace as mercy...They are totally different things.... Unmerited favor is mercy not grace...Not being punished when you deserve it is mercy....not grace. So..Christians.....What is Grace? The video showed the basic of it...Gods help. And much much more. Never mind the religious definitions, they don't work...

Active
I wonder why Christians insist on defining Grace as mercy...They are totally different things.... Unmerited favor is mercy not grace...Not being punished when you deserve it is mercy....not grace. So..Christians.....What is Grace? The video showed the basic of it...Gods help. And much much more. Never mind the religious definitions, they don't work...
It's ALL Grace my friend!
Awww You promised!

Active

Awww You promised!
Bye, God Bless !

True Grace is a saving grace and is from God and God alone. It is His unmerited favor on Believers, a gift to them. And if it is a gift, it is free for those who believe...none of us and all of Him. There is nothing for us to do but accept the gift!
It is true that grace in salvation is freely offered to you, but cost Him. It is God help to all of us for something we could not do on our own and that is to be justly reconciled to God because of our sin. But in order to receive it you must believe it by faith, keep it through faith which means you turn from your sin that placed Jesus on that cross as God appropriation/justification for your own rebellion against Him and respond likewise in obedience to live pleasingly before Him, both of those are works we do because we believe.
James said, So too, faith by itself, if it does not result in action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works. (James 2:17,18)

The salvation is freely offered to all of humanity, but the determination is up to you receive it and keep it. That help was God's mercy for all mankind through Christ Jesus. The gist of many things Jesus expressed is summed up, if you love me (and the Father) you will obey my commands, whoever does not love me, does not keep my words. These actions one day is what ushers in the great day of the Lord the Judgement and wrath on mankind or should I say the lack of understanding the gift of God's help(grace) refused. God's help is always predicated on our response in obedience to what He has to offer us on His terms. After all He is the one who created everything and you. So your beliefs and behavior play a part in this. Not getting God to do something, but partaking of those things He has already done for us and you will have the proof of who said He is

The choice always remains yours. I guess if you choose otherwise to live in sin which is rebellion against God then you have placed your trust in His mercy if you know it or not. Like Admon said, "unmerited favor is mercy" from that point forward puts you back in the same condition you were in before, but worse.
Now, our love for the Lord does not mean we don't struggle with sin, confusion and pain as we grow in our knowledge of the Lord, but it is dangerous to embrace sin and a rebellious attitude over our desire for Him. If we don't want our old man (that sinful destructive state) God has and will help us in becoming the new man in the image of His son and that is always in a constant perfection forward with God being the judge for each of us because He knows our heart.

Active

Awww You promised!
Bye, God Bless !

Active
Christians do and believe and define any thing they want too! Ask the majority of the 2.52 Billion that confess through out the whole whole. And see if they come to the same conclusion.

James 4:6
Ephesians 4:7
2 Timothy 1:9
2 Corinthians 8:7
John 1:4
Colossians 1:6
Acts 20:24
Hebrews 4:16
Your knowledge of 2.52 BILLION individuals is impressive!
I think the Bible mentions Grace over 170 times!

Loyal
Ephesians 4:7
2 Timothy 1:9
2 Corinthians 8:7
John 1:4
Colossians 1:6
Acts 20:24
Hebrews 4:16
Your knowledge of 2.52 BILLION individuals is impressive!
I think the Bible mentions Grace over 170 times
Do you know the difference and meaning of a "translation", "The Bible", and The "Word of GOD" and The "Original Copied Manuscript" of The Old Testament, and The "New Testament" of The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Verses and chapters are not the words of GOD and never should be considered when reading "translations" for it leads to falsehood and errors in interpreting skills, when one does not consider why chapters, titles, numbers and verses are there, in Translations!

Numbers and verses are not of GOD, neither are they "Divinely Inspired"! There is nothing Biblical about them. No matter how many arguments you use, they are not "Biblical and they lead to a practice into isolation interpreting errors.. This practice has been stamp on peoples brains as if it was branded by a hot branding Iron, as if they have created a beaten "Foot trail" down through the years, from the church house into their own homes.. While their minds have been filled with so many unnecessary Numbers, it should have been occupied by the "WORDS" of GOD! Many would have been better off. If their "RAM" was full of GOD's Word" rather than "Numbers", a lot of us would have been better off concerning "The Truth" !

Again: Chapters and Verses in the "The Book" are not of God, neither are They "Divinely Inspired by GOD". The Book is a collection of "Books" and "Letters"
How GOD has dealt with Mankind and their reactions and creation. From Genesis to The Revelation [Unveiling] of Jesus Christ His only begotten SON.

The "WORD of GOD" is not a patch work of chapters and verses, and neither should it be conceive in such a fashion. The WORD of GOD is '"JESUS CHRIST"!
Period.

Many cannot receive this, and It was design that many could not receive this, or comprehend this, and many think they do, but they don't. For it has not been given to most.:pensive: But only, to a few.

So let one Rejoice in this, that your name was written in the Lambs "Book" of Life" before the Foundations of the Worlds. "Born of GOD' and you Love not this world neither the things that are in it. And we know whosoever is a friend of the World is a enemy of GOD. And we need for no one to "Interpret" that. We have a Father and a "Advocate".

In a discussion in a different forum, it was suggested that grace was another term for the Holy Spirit. Has anyone heard of that before?