• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do all Arch Angels have the same powers?!

Satan is an Archangel with the power to know everything in our lives ( except for what we confess), able to manifest stuff and tempt us and enter us and speak through us. Can the other Arch Angels do these things to us too? What are their abilities?

Loyal
Satan is an Archangel with the power to know everything in our lives ( except for what we confess), able to manifest stuff and tempt us and enter us and speak through us. Can the other Arch Angels do these things to us too? What are their abilities?

Satan can't read minds. He doesn't really know your thoughts, but he's a good guesser. He watches you and knows your weaknesses.
Satan may be an arch-angel (I have heard this) but the Bible only mentions one. Michael (Jude 1:9; ) Gabriel may also be one, but the Bible never calls him one.

Loyal
Theres lots of speculation about who the Satan is, but the Bible does not give us very much in the way of detail or background at all.

I don't know of a passage that identifies the satan as an archangel.

Theres lots of speculation about who the Satan is, but the Bible does not give us very much in the way of detail or background at all.

I don't know of a passage that identifies the satan as an archangel.
At All about God.com the website says that since satan is referred to as the anointed cherub, it says this-

This angel is the highest creature the LORD ever created. The LORD says of him, "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." Satan was the wisest creature God ever created. No other angel, no other being was created with the intelligence that God gave to this creature. God says that this creation is "perfect in beauty." Apart from the Holy Trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, this creature is today the highest being.

Scary thought.

Satan can't read minds. He doesn't really know your thoughts, but he's a good guesser. He watches you and knows your weaknesses.
Satan may be an arch-angel (I have heard this) but the Bible only mentions one. Michael (Jude 1:9; ) Gabriel may also be one, but the Bible never calls him one.
This is where the Book of Enoch, though not considered part of the Bible, is particularly informative. Remember, The Book of Enoch was found with the Dead Sea Scrolls and cannot be disregarded altogether. According to this book,

Chapter 20
And these are the names of the holy angels who watch. Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is 3 over the world and over Tartarus. Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men. 4,5 Raguel, one of the holy angels who takes vengeance on the world of the luminaries. Michael, one 6 of the holy angels, to wit, he that is set over the best part of mankind and over chaos. Saraqael, 7 one of the holy angels, who is set over the spirits, who sin in the spirit. Gabriel, one of the holy 8 angels, who is over Paradise and the serpents and the Cherubim. Remiel, one of the holy angels, whom God set over those who rise.

There are parts of Enoch which are in the Bible but just not the whole Book. This book is so enlightening and just expands on what the Bible tells us filling in the gaps and answering the questions that the Bible leaves us with. It expands on the Nephilim, tells us who they really are and what they became. This is important because we do not right against demons only but the Nephilim embody the principalities spoken of.

Enoch gives us a clear picture of hell, and explains why the Rich man and Lazarus could see each other when the Rich man was in hell. This book is a must read, and the fact it was with the Dead Sea Scrolls should prove it is not garbage.

Loyal
At All about God.com the website says that since satan is referred to as the anointed cherub, it says this-

This angel is the highest creature the LORD ever created. The LORD says of him, "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." Satan was the wisest creature God ever created. No other angel, no other being was created with the intelligence that God gave to this creature. God says that this creation is "perfect in beauty." Apart from the Holy Trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, this creature is today the highest being.

Scary thought.
That's from Ezekiel 28, which is a prophecy describing the King of Tyre and his fate. It is typical biblical poetic exaggeration.

I'm not confident that we can discover much, if anything about the Satan from this passage.

That's from Ezekiel 28, which is a prophecy describing the King of Tyre and his fate. It is typical biblical poetic exaggeration.

I'm not confident that we can discover much, if anything about the Satan from this passage.

Sure we can.

Well if we look at it,
In reality, it goes beyond the king to the one who is behind the evil king of Tyre. This passage also has near and far prophecy about Lucifer/Satan because although his final end is already sure, it has not happened yet and it occurs after the final judgment (Revelation 20:7-10). In both the Isaiah passage and the Ezekiel passage, the representation is not of Lucifer/Satan as confined to his own person but his working in and the consummating of his plans through earthly kings and rulers who take to themselves divine honors and who, whether they actually know this or not, rule in the spirit and under the aims of Satan. "For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12). Satan is the principality behind the powers of this corrupt world system.

Notice the statement that is given in the passage in Ezekiel, "the anointed cherub." These statements could never apply to a human king but, they do apply to Lucifer/Satan who is behind the human king. This angel is the highest creature the LORD ever created.

This was taken from the same " allaboutgod.com" as Bible story under ' The story of Lucifer' it is similar to the Babylon story where when you read it you see mention of a future Babylon mixed into the story and have to discern the mystery of which is which. The first time you read it your brain tries to make sense of it all being the same place because Babylon does not exist but with careful analysis you see the past and future tenses in the writing. This is what I find so fascinating with the Bible is that new things are found within it that make more and more sense as our world unfolds and it becomes more apparent of what is actually being conveyed.

God really made it so that those who truly believe who are focused on His Word gain understanding to the secrets it holds which basically tell us exactly what will happen through the stories that prove that history repeats itself and not all stories are parables. Many feel Lazarus and the Rich man is a parable but that is a true story that took place in the spirit world. Jesus never used people's real name in parables.

Active
Nobody can do these things without your permission...Satan or otherwise....God cannot even do it, anthough with God He cannnot do it because He would break His own law. He gave you free will, and cannot legally override that.
Satan can whisper in your ear and give you lies to tempt you but he cannot take you over without your permission. All that character can actually do, is to lie.and lie and lie

Nobody can do these things without your permission...Satan or otherwise....God cannot even do it, anthough with God He cannnot do it because He would break His own law. He gave you free will, and cannot legally override that.
Satan can whisper in your ear and give you lies to tempt you but he cannot take you over without your permission. All that character can actually do, is to lie.and lie and lie
Interesting. But how many times do we give him permission without realizing it? I will share something with you. I have always been a Christian who loves loves loves Jesus. After my parents divorce I rebelled and at age 17 had a full scholarship for softball for college. I moved away and the new freedom had me go a little wild and I hooked up with guys, got a little wild. One day after my classes I took a little nap before lunch- broad daylight. I awoke to my bed shaking. I turned and no one was there. I dismissed it and closed my eyes and it shook again and I got as far in my head as ' Satan I rebuke you-" and something entered the top of my head screaming at me in a foreign mechanical high pitched vulgar synthesized sounding voice - I have no idea what it said. I ran from it inside myself; my soul SCREAMING for Jesus and that thing was forced back out of the top of my head. I laid there twisted and contorted on my bed, absolutely horrified. My mother was 360 miles away and she felt it happen to me. ( My friend told me that the voice would have spoken through me and she knocked on the door of the girls across the hall and they were doing a satanic invoking at the time) but regardless- I did not mean to give him permission. I didn't want that. And please don't tell me he can " whisper" to me because I know better. No he can penetrate the very membrane of your identity where your soul resides and violate you in a way you never knew possible. I never knew that kind of thing was possible but those 6 seconds changed my life forever. I suffered strong sleep paralysis until I strengthened my faith and it doesn't happen anymore. That was 20 years ago and it only happened once, so I know it wasn't me! We have to be careful- I was a kid and didn't know I had opened a doorway giving him passage. I don't wish that on anyone.

Active
Interesting. But how many times do we give him permission without realizing it? I will share something with you. I have always been a Christian who loves loves loves Jesus. After my parents divorce I rebelled and at age 17 had a full scholarship for softball for college. I moved away and the new freedom had me go a little wild and I hooked up with guys, got a little wild. One day after my classes I took a little nap before lunch- broad daylight. I awoke to my bed shaking. I turned and no one was there. I dismissed it and closed my eyes and it shook again and I got as far in my head as ' Satan I rebuke you-" and something entered the top of my head screaming at me in a foreign mechanical high pitched vulgar synthesized sounding voice - I have no idea what it said. I ran from it inside myself; my soul SCREAMING for Jesus and that thing was forced back out of the top of my head. I laid there twisted and contorted on my bed, absolutely horrified. My mother was 360 miles away and she felt it happen to me. ( My friend told me that the voice would have spoken through me and she knocked on the door of the girls across the hall and they were doing a satanic invoking at the time) but regardless- I did not mean to give him permission. I didn't want that. And please don't tell me he can " whisper" to me because I know better. No he can penetrate the very membrane of your identity where your soul resides and violate you in a way you never knew possible. I never knew that kind of thing was possible but those 6 seconds changed my life forever. I suffered strong sleep paralysis until I strengthened my faith and it doesn't happen anymore. That was 20 years ago and it only happened once, so I know it wasn't me! We have to be careful- I was a kid and didn't know I had opened a doorway giving him passage. I don't wish that on anyone.
Now THAT was an attack and you handled it well! Good for you.

Now THAT was an attack and you handled it well! Good for you.
Thank you. It shook me to my very core but God allowed it to prepare me for what is to come. I will never forget that voice. So you know the sound should you ever hear it, it sounds like what is at around 11:18-14:00 in this exploration video underground. This video brought me out of my skin

Loyal

Scary thought.
If you would have finished the reading on Lucifer, " the annointed cherub " the last line reads, " until pride was found in you "

Loyal
If you would have finished the reading on Lucifer, " the annointed cherub " the last line reads, " until pride was found in you "
if it was found in him, it was already there, from the beginning, you just had to look for it! :eyes:

Loyal
The devil can enter you , but needs something first. Permission. Either by parents or yourself. Permission can come in the way of NOT FORGIVING another person when you have the ability to do so.

You are right to say, that was the darkness trying to get in. And you are blessed , as that was very close.

When a person experiences possession. The darkness will entangle itself into your very being. The only place you are free of the darkness is your soul. ( there are exceptions to this to, as some actually welcome the full possession) in both cases, the best way of dealing with this creature . First ( the person felt called to this) needs to be washed in the blood of the Lamb, asking God to cleanse them. 2nd Pray to the Lord to Fill you with God's Love. 3rd let God's Love pour from you into the one with possession problem. Then using the Name of Jesus, command it. ( Angels are very helpful in this work )

Loyal
if it was found in him, it was already there, from the beginning, you just had to look for it! :eyes:
Technically, God doesnt create sin. God creates perfection. So this thing, pride , was because Lucifer became prideful.

Loyal
Thank you. It shook me to my very core but God allowed it to prepare me for what is to come. I will never forget that voice. So you know the sound should you ever hear it, it sounds like what is at around 11:18-14:00 in this exploration video underground. This video brought me out of my skin

Lol i dont need to hear it , but thanks anyways

Loyal
Technically, God doesnt create sin. God creates perfection. So this thing, pride , was because Lucifer became prideful.
LOL, you all are funny today. Y'all have my laughing, There is only "One Creator" and that Creator, Created things through His Son, everything that exists, For there is nothing created that is not created through HIm. Both Visible and invisible in Heaven, and the Cosmos. Well why is his created name The "Adversary". do you ever wonder why his created name is The "Adversary"? And the most funny of things, He obey's GOD, He does exactly what he was created to do! For He is the "Perfect Adversary" for so did GOD make him. Perfect! none like him! Skilled perfectly in "Deception" he even appears as a "Angel of Light"! Beauty in perfection. And The WORD, The Son of GOD Created "Satan", and a powerful Angel is going to chain him up and cast him into a pit, for a thousand years.

Satan is nothing but a mere servant, to God, but our "Adversary". Most christians do not want to believe this, but the bible has told us this Truth. Funny and sad. like God the Father has a problem with A creature that His Son has Created by the will of His Father. And a Powerful Angel is going to bring down from Heaven a Chain and wrap it around satan's neck and drag him into a deep pit Backwards and shut the door, Bound for a Thousand years!

You right God creates perfection, "The Perfect Adversary" for us! None like him! and His specialty and his choice weapon , is "Deception"! in order for us to believe lies!

I hope I made you day!

Loyal
LOL, you all are funny today. Y'all have my laughing, There is only "One Creator" and that Creator, Created things through His Son, everything that exists, For there is nothing created that is not created through HIm. Both Visible and invisible in Heaven, and the Cosmos. Well why is his created name The "Adversary". do you ever wonder why his created name is The "Adversary"? And the most funny of things, He obey's GOD, He does exactly what he was created to do! For He is the "Perfect Adversary" for so did GOD make him. Perfect! none like him! Skilled perfectly in "Deception" he even appears as a "Angel of Light"! Beauty in perfection. And The WORD, The Son of GOD Created "Satan", and a powerful Angel is going to chain him up and cast him into a pit, for a thousand years.

Satan is nothing but a mere servant, to God, but our "Adversary". Most christians do not want to believe this, but the bible has told us this Truth. Funny and sad. like God the Father has a problem with A creature that His Son has Created by the will of His Father. And a Powerful Angel is going to bring down from Heaven a Chain and wrap it around satan's neck and drag him into a deep pit Backwards and shut the door, Bound for a Thousand years!

You right God creates perfection, "The Perfect Adversary" for us! None like him! and His specialty and his choice weapon , is "Deception"! in order for us to believe lies!

I hope I made you day!
You are missing something important my friend. Free will.

God created all with Free will. Even Lucifer chose to claim himself equal with God.

Remember, Lucifier was already in Heaven.

The Lord showed me the Angels before Lucifers pride. They were like children playing.

Michael the Archangel stated, " who is like the Lord" and rallied the Hosts of Heaven against the fallen angels

Loyal

I hope I made you day!
Brother , mankind was created perfect. It was the choices of Adam that caused sin.

We, today, are all about excuses. We make up excuses for the fallen Angels and for Adam to.

We even come up with excuses of predestination, which really makes no sense if you think about it.

Let us look at the excuse of predestination. So what would be the point for all Jesus went through, if all was predestined. Why the facade of the death and Resurrection if predestination really exists.

No, let us put aside these excuses, and look at the truth. Adam sinned because he chose. Cain killed Abel because he chose to do so.

Judas who was with the 12 and cast out demons and healed people. Who was with Peter in the boat when Jesus asked him to come out on the water and walk. Judas who saw the multiplication of Loaves and fish. Who saw Lazarus rise from the dead. And who was present when Peter exclaim that Jesus was the Messiah.

Even after all of this Judas still chose to betray Jesus.

It's our free will that chooses whether we want to walk with Jesus or not

Active
How powerful and able is the satan (the adversary) and angels of all kinds here on Earth - pretty powerful spiritually - false miracles and false wonders that compete with what God does
The most amazing display of angelic powers was Fatima 1917 - beyond imagination - many powerful miracles still honoured and celebrated by the RCC a century later

Mary-bleeding.jpg

then there are the bleeding statues and icons - always in the RCC and Orthodox churches - that stir the faithful to remain within their faiths.
And when this blood is tested it turns up as human blood.