• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Direct conflict on Judging in the Bible ?? help

Loyal
This was brought up in another thread (thank you Lord Knows) that seems in direct conflict with the rest of scripture that I have read about not Judging. Help me understand this. Please It seems all scripture warns about not to Judge while here on earth, how ever Corinthians 5-12-13 seems to be saying it ok to Judge I do not get it???

1 Cor. 5:12-13,
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

Is this scripture telling us to Judge people or just people in the church, I do not get it. when most all other scripture I read tells us not to Judge, I must be missing something show me the light.

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Matthew 7:1
“Judge not, that you be not judged.

Romans 14:4
Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Romans 16:17-18
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

Loyal
I should of searched before I posted this, great topic on here from the past delete this thread if you wish.

And thanks Chad I believe you stated it perfectly back in 07 here's a quote from you

Great thread topic. Let me see if I can figure this out without shooting directly to the resources (but a good thing otherwise). The judging of those who are not believers and judging angels, if I'm not mistaken means on judgment (or sometime after). We as believers, saved and then (after we are are given a Christ-like glorified body) will judge those who will be thrown into the pit (hell).

On earth...we are to not judge people in the negative sense such as being accusing with no motive or point to help someone for their sake (which would be done out of love and care, concern for that person). If we judge in the negative, we're simply pointing fingers as if we're better and in a foolish way, as if we're sinless (somewhat).

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Loyal
My brother Bendito has a most excellent post on this topic as well

He wrote

Good! I did a bit of a study years ago on judging...because a friend and brother said it was what we were supposed to do and I disagreed...So I dug..

A Christian is not supposed to judge another because we do NOT know the heart of the person and we do NOT know all of the facts....But we are supposed to judge ourselves...We are supposed to judge one another. aaaaand that contradicts...lol Ok Ok...We do not judge one another for the things we do but we do judge among ourselves for the purpose of settling disputes...
We cannot take our disputes to the courts of the world...Know why?
1 Corinthians 6:1-5 (CJB)
6 How dare one of you with a complaint against another go to court before pagan judges and not before God’s people? 2 Don’t you know that God’s people are going to judge the universe? If you are going to judge the universe, are you incompetent to judge these minor matters? 3 Don’t you know that we will judge angels, not to mention affairs of everyday life? 4 So if you require judgments about matters of everyday life, why do you put them in front of men who have no standing in the Messianic Community? 5 I say, shame on you! Can it be that there isn’t one person among you wise enough to be able to settle a dispute between brothers?

Did I say that clearly, or did I ramble? Kind of full from dinner..LOL

Active
Awesome & interesting topic. I interpret judging as this: Pointing fingers while saying you do this & that & you're a bad person because of it. CHRISTIAN judging is having biblical knowledge, compassion, mercy & understanding now add love with scriptures of truth to show the person what it is the word says versus what their doing or saying & you have correction. I'm told that because I see homosexuality as being a one way ticket to Hell I'm "judging". And I'm simply reading out loud what the Bible says & I do let them know that but I'm still told I have no right to judge. I don't see telling someone what the Bible says as judging. I don't have many Christian friends so I talk to many people that either don't believe, half heartedly believe or them that just pray when things are bad. I don't see it as judging at all but rather shedding light on the darkness that they have been taught to be truth.

Loyal
Awesome & interesting topic. I interpret judging as this: Pointing fingers while saying you do this & that & you're a bad person because of it. CHRISTIAN judging is having biblical knowledge, compassion, mercy & understanding now add love with scriptures of truth to show the person what it is the word says versus what their doing or saying & you have correction. I'm told that because I see homosexuality as being a one way ticket to Hell I'm "judging". And I'm simply reading out loud what the Bible says & I do let them know that but I'm still told I have no right to judge. I don't see telling someone what the Bible says as judging. I don't have many Christian friends so I talk to many people that either don't believe, half heartedly believe or them that just pray when things are bad. I don't see it as judging at all but rather shedding light on the darkness that they have been taught to be truth.

I agree with this very much and I believe the problem comes with people today. Far to many Christians pick a scripture here and there and then Place Todays Word Understanding to it and expect it to fly.

Gods word never changes and we know this.
However the english language changes every year.
Example.....if some one told my grandma she was gay then it was a blessing and wonderful thing to say. Now call some one this today and you have insulted them for the most part

When I was a child and some one said man joe is sick, well we brought chicken soup and helped out - now they say man joe is sick it means cool - awesome and so forth.

This same thing happens every single day by believers as they read the written word of God. They chery pick scripture and make it say things it does not.
God said His people perish from lack of knowledge - that is understanding of His word and ways.

This too has happened with in the body of Christ with the word Judging and how it was meant when written. They also forget about doing things in Love.
Fool proof way to judge - Judge your OWN LIFE and walk in Christ and Judge what is Good and Holy that you will allow in YOUR life. Forgive all and love all. Walk by Kingdom Law. ( Gods way of doing things )
God Bless and thank you for a wonderful reply
James