• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

dinosaurs?

i hope im posting this in the right forum. did dinosaurs ever exist? i know that there is proof but the bible says nothing about dinosaurs and it mentions everything that was created.

Well, this is an interesting question. I believe that they exist simply becuase there is proof of them. It is odd that you can find no trace of them in the Bible, but since Science proved it, I think there are Dinosaurs. The Christian scientist, Dr. Carl Baugh also believes in dino's, I believe, and he's a very intelligent Christian Scientist, so I trust his opinion.
Good question for conversation, btw

Here's A Whole BUNCH of InFo....

Here's A Whole BUNCH of InFo....Including answers about Dinosaurs in the Bible.

We all Can thank Our Administrater, Chad for Okaying this LINK for Bible Based answers, I thank him for leting me Share it.

Here Below is the LINK You should either beable to get it by double clicking on it or copy and paste into your browser's go menu:

http://www.genesisministries.com/default.htm

This is the Dinosaurs part of the above just click or paste below:

http://www.genesisministries.com/dinosaurs.htm

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD, the ONLY begotten Son of GOD.

InChrist said:
i hope im posting this in the right forum. did dinosaurs ever exist? i know that there is proof but the bible says nothing about dinosaurs and it mentions everything that was created.

Last edited:
The Bible speaks of two creatures that some think were related to dinosaurs. These creatures were the leviathan and the behemoth. The leviathan is spoken of in Job 41:1; Psalm 74:14; Psalm 104:26 and Isaiah 27:1, and is thought to have been some type of sea creature, living in the sea or near the sea coast...like the infamous "Loch Ness Monster". The behemoth is spoken of in Job 40:15...thought to resemble a water ox or hippopotamus quadrupled in size, also living near a body of water. I also believe dinosaurs existed, but not in the time-frame of millions/billions of years ago as given by evolutionists and scientists.

In Job 40 it also talks about the tail of a cedar, which i believe is a humungus tree found in lebanon, hypos and elephants dont have big tails, but i belive that could be taliking about dinosaurs.
TDS52 i agree with you that dinos live but not in the time frame of millions of years ago, i work offshore and am getting stick for saying that the oil we have isnt millions of years cos the earth is around 6000 years, they think im crazy, when i tell them it.

he he he!!!

InChrist said:

InChrist;

i know you still thinkign your scared but it is ok just Post stuff any where you want.. i mean it will probably get answered btu if it is in the right spot though it will be answered Quicker... but your fitting in GREATLY

Love Simon!!!

Dinosaurs???

What Happened To The Dinosaurs?
John Whitmore

Although the monstrous creature was obviously a vegetarian, its size was overwhelming. Its hips could withstand the enormous force of each pounding step and its midsection was a mass of muscle. Its gigantic tail extended far behind him, not unlike a giant cedar tree swaying behind his body. Its bones were like steel girders with ribs like iron bars to support his enormous weight. This is the greatest creature to roam the swamps and rivers of the earth.

Is this a scene from the blockbuster movie, Jurassic Park? It could be, but it isn't. This description, which perfectly fits an Apatosaurus, is a paraphrased description taken from one of the oldest books of the Bible, Job 40:15-24. If dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, how could a writer of the Bible have accurately described the appearance, food, and habitat of this creature?

The vast majority of books on dinosaurs are written from an evolutionary perspective which assumes that the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. The leading model for the demise of the dinosaur involves a large asteroid hitting the earth. Yet the most obvious alternative explanation is almost always ignored. Almost all fossils are the remains of creatures buried by water-borne sediment which has subsequently turned to rock. If this is due to the flood of worldwide extent, as the water flowed over all the land surfaces, animals would have been drowned and been buried by massive amounts of rapidly accumulating sediment. It is not all surprising to find a general lack of burial mixing between these very different kinds of animals due to local or ecological grouping.

Genesis 7:2 states that Noah saved two of every representative "kind" of land animal on the ark. Noah would have taken young specimens, not huge, older creatures. Dinosaurs would have emerged from the ark to inhabit an entirely different world. Instead of a warm, mild climate worldwide, they would have found a harsh climate which soon settled into an ice age. If climatic hardships did not cause the dinosaur's extinction, man's tendency to destroy probably did.

In the early 1900's on the Doheny expedition into the Grand Canyon, Indian cave drawings were found which closely resembled a duck-billed dinosaur. Legends from ancient China to ancient England have recorded descriptions of dinosaur-like creatures. The Kuku Yalanji aboriginal people have paintings which look exactly like plesiosaurs. These and other intriguing evidences seem to indicate that perhaps that age of the dinosaurs ended more recently than is commonly taught. Christians do not need to feel foolish about standing on Scripture in their understanding of the world around us. There is ample evidence to support the Biblical record. Evolution serves as the foundation basis for the religions of humanism and atheism. These world views are popular because man, instead of God, decides on rules and moral standards. Creation serves as the foundational basis for Christianity which acknowledges that all things were created by God, that we live in a fallen universe, and that it will be restored to perfection in the future.

There is a danger of becoming so indoctrinated by evolutionary thinking that we become closed to the creation alternative. As concerned parents, we need to be careful what our children are taught by making sure they are hearing all of the facts. By teaching them the evidence for creation and the fallacies of evolutionary explanations, they will be directed toward God instead of away from Him.
www.drdino.com

This site explains the Job part on dinosaurs:
http://www.christiancourier.com/notes/literalDays.htm[/I]

"Our ultimate goal in life should be to hear Jesus say to us, "Well done good and faithful servant."

Amazn_gurl said:
...The vast majority of books on dinosaurs are written from an evolutionary perspective which assumes that the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. The leading model for the demise of the dinosaur involves a large asteroid hitting the earth. Yet the most obvious alternative explanation is almost always ignored. Almost all fossils are the remains of creatures buried by water-borne sediment which has subsequently turned to rock. If this is due to the flood of worldwide extent, as the water flowed over all the land surfaces, animals would have been drowned and been buried by massive amounts of rapidly accumulating sediment. It is not all surprising to find a general lack of burial mixing between these very different kinds of animals due to local or ecological grouping.

Amen Sister i agree: that is a possibility...one more thing to think about is when we talk large animals, why is the whale the largest? :shade: This also could mean that the largest of the large, under water animals servived the flood, but not all the largest of the land dwellers...because of the size of Noah's ark. Good post Sister...

God bless

Last edited:
I an currently studying a 6 part dvd lecture series by Dr. Kent Hobend about proving creationism. He gave much evidence that dinos in fact lived alongside man for quite some time. There have been dinosaur tracks found with Human tracks alonside and even in them! He explains that because Noah was no dummy he brought baby dinos on the ark because babies are smaller. He discusses pictures drawn on rocks, etc. showing people riding, hunting, and being eaten by dinos. He theorizes the larger dinos died due to lack of oxygen because they have small lungs and nostrils and after the flood oxygen was less plentiful in the atmosphere due to depressurization from losing the sphere of water around the earth.

He even asserts that there is a good chance that there are still dinos alive! In a huge swamp in Africa natives claim there is a creature they frequently see that sure must be a dino. The series is great. It is non-copywrited. I may be able to duplicate them and mail them out if anyone is interested. I would also want to check for permission from Talk Jesus first. There is another group called Answers In Genesis that is a huge resource for information like this. They are working on starting a creation museum in the States! I'll ask Chad if I can post a link.

Pottershands

Chad said I could post a link in the lounge section to those things I mentioned above. The links will be there if anyone's interested.

Yes dinosoaurs did exist and they still do!!elephants rhinos crocks allegators all the other reptiles are still here. We just dont call them dinosoars today.You see back then they were called sea monsters among other things. But the earth was pure back then things lived longer reptiles grew larger some of the skeletons of the realy big ones found may have be examples of one or two hundred years old reptiles, its not uncommon for some turtles to live over a hundred. Think about this they say it takes millions of years to make a diamond but now they can make a diamond in 4 days! under the right pressure. Now do this today under the right pressure for lets say 1000 years you have an even better quality stone. somewhere in PSALMS it sais the LORD made the valleys high and the mountains low.This would have buryed everything and caused the flood water to run off .Fossils that were at the bottom of a sea are now found on mountain tops and dinosour bones are also found in masses washed togeather from some type of massive water run off in dryed up rivers in deserts.The right mixture of types of minerals can turn to stone in hours (concrete). The earth was created in 6 days.In Genesis it states no death before the fall of man if this were not true and the earth was 4 billion years old we would be setting on a mountain of bones and if we say well God did it but over a long period of time then we put limits on GOD and GOD has no limits! the bible states day and nite make up one day he did it in 6 days AMEN hes the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cana said:
Yes dinosoaurs did exist and they still do!!elephants rhinos crocks allegators all the other reptiles are still here. We just dont call them dinosoars today.You see back then they were called sea monsters among other things. But the earth was pure back then things lived longer reptiles grew larger some of the skeletons of the realy big ones found may have be examples of one or two hundred years old reptiles, its not uncommon for some turtles to live over a hundred. Think about this they say it takes millions of years to make a diamond but now they can make a diamond in 4 days! under the right pressure. Now do this today under the right pressure for lets say 1000 years you have an even better quality stone. somewhere in PSALMS it sais the LORD made the valleys high and the mountains low.This would have buryed everything and caused the flood water to run off .Fossils that were at the bottom of a sea are now found on mountain tops and dinosour bones are also found in masses washed togeather from some type of massive water run off in dryed up rivers in deserts.The right mixture of types of minerals can turn to stone in hours (concrete). The earth was created in 6 days.In Genesis it states no death before the fall of man if this were not true and the earth was 4 billion years old we would be setting on a mountain of bones and if we say well God did it but over a long period of time then we put limits on GOD and GOD has no limits! the bible states day and nite make up one day he did it in 6 days AMEN hes the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother: also interesting is how man named the Wholly Mammoth...well, Mammoth, in the book of Job... (verse 40:10)-- God refered to a very large land animal as a Behemoth, which some today believe could have been a Brontosaurus God was talking about. As he called it the Chiefest of his created animals. This must have been a nameing coincidence, or they were useing the Bible to name some very large now extinct animals. :shade: As far as the word Dinosaur... it is only around 200 to 300 years old. lol.. the word Dragon now, well that one, is really old.

God bless