• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Did you know....

Did you know that the three wise men did not see Jesus on the day of his birth in Bethlehem? That they were never there with the shepherds who were there?

(hehe, it would be funny though if everyone else knows that, and I am now discovering it)

Last edited:
Can't speak for everyone else, but yes, I knew that. The other is the traditional Christmas story that is carelessly spewed out every year.

sade said:
Did you know that the three wise men did not see Jesus on the day of his birth in Bethlehem? That they were never there with the shepherds who were there?

(hehe, it would be funny though if everyone else knows that, and I am now discovering it)

Scripture does not say there were three.

The Magi rode around in bigger groups than three.

here is what the bible says

Read Luke chapter 2:1-19

Luk 2:7 and she brought forth her first-born son, and wrapped him up in swaddling-clothes and laid him in the manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luk 2:11 for to-day a Saviour has been born to you in David's city, who is Christ the Lord.
Luk 2:12 And this is the sign to you: ye shall find a babe wrapped in swaddling-clothes, and lying in a manger.

Luk 2:16 And they came with haste, and found both Mary and Joseph, and the babe lying in the manger;

Read Matthew chapter 2:1-18

Mat 2:2 Where is the king of the Jews that has been born? for we have seen his star in the east, and have come to do him homage.

Mat 2:9 And they having heard the king went their way; and lo, the star, which they had seen in the east, went before them until it came and stood over the place where the little child was.

Mat 2:10 And when they saw the star they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
Mat 2:11 And having come into the house they saw the little child with Mary his mother, and falling down did him homage. And having opened their treasures, they offered to him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Mat 2:16 Then Herod, seeing that he had been mocked by the magi, was greatly enraged; and sent and slew all the boys which were in Bethlehem, and in all its borders, from two years and under, according to the time which he had accurately inquired from the magi.

Ok here goes, the wise men met Jesus and Mary in a HOUSE, not a MANGER where the Shepherds met baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
Jesus had already been born accroding to matt. 2:2 (has been born), when the wise men went to Herod.
Herod had babies killed from two years and under, why? Why 2 years and not one year or even a few weeks? Becuase it mostlikely took the wise men to find Jesus in almost two years. The followed the star, and when they finally came to Jesus's house, the star stood there to let them know that Jesus was in the house.
What was the purpose of the wise men having to visit Jesus? To fulfill scriptures, concerning his Messiah-ship. :)
Hope I explained well enough.
:)