• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Did the Savior come yet?

Loyal
I was having a conversation with someone earlier (not on TalkJesus)
He says he is a Christian. He says he believes in Jesus. He believes in the Trinity and the resurrection of Jesus.
... but... (there is always a "but")

He doesn't believe Jesus has appeared as our Savior... at least not yet. I had never heard this before.
He gave a couple of scriptures.

Php 3:20; For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

Tit 2:13; looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

What say you?

Staff Member
Interesting Brother @B-A-C
So, is this person saying that there are two Jesus'. Like the Sacrificial one who died on the Cross and then another one who is the Savior that is coming back?
Are they also saying instead of the Trinity there is a Quartet?

Very curious, but putting no credence in this. You'd have to wonder, if they differentiate from Jesus who died on the Cross, to the one who arose, verses the one who ascended up to Heaven. I'd ask them how they would interpret John 3:13-14 that reads "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:" Also, enough Scripture to show that the Son of Man is Jesus. While Acts 1:10-11 plainly states it was Jesus who ascended up to Heaven. "And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

We are varied and at times strange folk in much of what we hold to be true, verses what very well is the truth!
Thanks for sharing brother!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
I agree... I have simply taken these as we are looking for the day He is coming back.

Staff Member
Greetings B-A-C

Very strange.

How does your friend interpret the Biblical writings on the birth, death and ressurection of Jesus? The teachings, the miracles etc?

Blessings brother

Loyal
How does your friend interpret the Biblical writings on the birth, death and ressurection of Jesus? The teachings, the miracles etc?

I don't see him often, but I will ask him. It seems he believes Jesus existed as a human. He seems to believe He died and rose again.
but more than that I cannot really say.