• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Did Saul call on the name of Jesus?

Loyal
Did Paul believe in Jesus, was he calling on the Lord to be saved, was he baptise what did He do to get saved, had he repented of his sins, was he seeking Jesus? If not how say you. On the road to Damascus?

Did Paul believe in Jesus, was he calling on the Lord to be saved, was he baptise what did He do to get saved, had he repented of his sins, was he seeking Jesus? If not how say you. On the road to Damascus?

Saul /Paul was chosen by our Lord Jesus Christ to be the predestined minister of the Gentile even before he was born into this world.

Note: Insertions are mine for clarity of post.

The Prophecy:

Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow. Isa 41:2

I have raised up one from the north (Tarsus), and he shall come: from the rising of the sun (Jerusalem on the way to Damascus) shall he call upon my name(Who art thou Lord?): and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay (thorn in the flesh - messenger of satan) v26 Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and before time, that we may say, He is righteous (Saul who persecuted Christians is righteous)? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words. Isa 41:25-26

Calling a ravenous bird from the east (Saul, Saul), the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it (to be minister for the Gentiles), I will also do it. Isa 46:11

The Fulfillment of the Prophecy:

Acts 26:13-18
v13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
v14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
v15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord (calling his name)? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest .
v16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; v17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
v18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 2Cr 12:7

God Bless

1-"Did Paul believe in Jesus?"

When Paul was Saul, probably not. Stephen was stoned to death before him while proclaiming about Jesus. He went around persecuting Christians.

Acts 9
And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

However, on the road, Saul clearly knows who is speaking to him even before he got an answer
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord?...

Still the answer is...

5...And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest

At this point, I think its safe to say, Saul believed because he has seen, just like Thomas.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?

2- "was he calling on the Lord to be saved, was he baptise what did He do to get saved, had he repented of his sins, was he seeking Jesus?"

Saul who became named Paul, was indeed baptized (into water like the Ethiopian eunuch) washing away his sins ( as Titus 3:5 states) See Acts 9:17-18 and later, when Paul explains such in Acts 22:16.

"Calling on the name of the Lord" information that you could look over

Loyal
Well done, you saw the questions, you address them even the last one, on “if not how say”. I perceived, you are a student of the Scripture. May God continue to bless you “as the day star continue to rises in your heart”.