• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Did Jesus come for only the Jews?

Active
How do we know that the wicked don't burn forever? Jesus told His disciple that it was better to cut off their hand than to be cast into Gehenna where the fire isn't quenched. The apostle John said that those not found in the book of life would be cast into the Lake of Fire. How do we reconcile these two destinies of sinners? We conclude that Gehenna and the Lake of Fire are one and the same place. Isaiah tells us of this place called Gehenna.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.(Isa. 66:22-1:1 KJV)

The first thing we notice here is that it is dead bodies that are burning. It's not disembodied living beings. It's dead bodies. So, this creates a problem for the ETC doctrine,. How can people be consciously tortured in Gehenna when we see that it is dead bodies that are burning and not living beings?

What does Jeremiah say about this place called Gehenna?

38 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.
39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever. (Jer. 31:38-40 KJV)

Jeremiah tells us that this area will be rebuilt. It's going to be restored and the valley of dead bodies, Gehenna, will one ay be made Holy to the Lord.
I am not judging, just making an observation.
You seem to me to be WAY of base here but, maybe the Holy Spirit has instructed you in this, anyway, everyone has their own right to their own opinion, no matter where it comes from.

Maybe I'm wrong but, I feel that I am saved
and I am not planning on going to Hell; I look forward to being with the Lord throughout Eternity!

Active
I am not judging, just making an observation.
You seem to me to be WAY of base here but, maybe the Holy Spirit has instructed you in this, anyway, everyone has their own right to their own opinion, no matter where it comes from.

Maybe I'm wrong but, I feel that I am saved
and I am not planning on going to Hell; I look forward to being with the Lord throughout Eternity!
Hi Born Again,

I posted that in the wrong thread. It should have been in the thread on Annihilation. I'd ask on what basis do you think I'm way off base? Please rely in the Annihilation thread here.

Active
Hi Born Again,

I posted that in the wrong thread. It should have been in the thread on Annihilation. I'd ask on what basis do you think I'm way off base? Please rely in the Annihilation thread here.
Look, I apologize if I said anything out of line. Who knows, anything major could happen any day now with respect to Jesus.

I feel that more than likely I will die before anything happens but, you never know!
Being saved and what that means to me, I am at peace with it all and don't much worry about it. But, I guess I am not too conducive to talk of Hell , especially for a "Believer", salvation protects us from that...not so for the Non-believer, they need to hear talk of Hell but not sure about some form of reconciliation, which is the way I took it, maybe I was wrong...I'm sorry!

Active
Look, I apologize if I said anything out of line. Who knows, anything major could happen any day now with respect to Jesus.

I feel that more than likely I will die before anything happens but, you never know!
Being saved and what that means to me, I am at peace with it all and don't much worry about it. But, I guess I am not too conducive to talk of Hell , especially for a "Believer", salvation protects us from that...not so for the Non-believer, they need to hear talk of Hell but not sure about some form of reconciliation, which is the way I took it, maybe I was wrong...I'm sorry!

I replied to your post here

Loyal
While there are still biological races of people (blacks, whites, Asians, native Americans, Jews, etc... )
There is is only one race of Christians. There is no separate dispensation for the Jews.

Eph 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands—
Eph 2:12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,
Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,
Eph 2:16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.
Eph 2:17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR;
Eph 2:18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
Eph 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household,
Eph 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
Eph 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Loyal
I agree with what you say brother.

I would just add that there are the, shall we say, traditional Jews, the original Jews from Abraham.

But there also the Messianic Jews, Jews who have found their Yeshua ha Mashiach, they are part of the ekklesia.

Shalom

Active
I'm confused, probably as usual but, aren't their many types of Christians:

Asian Christians, White Christians, Black Christians, African Christians, Chinese Christians, Jewish Christians...
etc. ? A person, no matter what race, who has claimed Jesus Chtist as their personal Savior?

Active
If Jesus came only for the Jews then only Jews would be saved. God does not fail .

Active

Asian Christians, White Christians, Black Christians, African Christians, Chinese Christians, Jewish Christians...
etc. ? A person, no matter what race, who has claimed Jesus Chtist as their personal Savior?
I think we err when we say there are distinct classifications of Christians. We are all descended from God's first created man and woman, which means we are all created in God's image after HIS likeness. We are one race - human. As followers of Jesus, we are collectively one body with one Head, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All brothers and sisters in Christ throughout the world make for a beautiful tapestry, don't you think.

Active
I think we err when we say there are distinct classifications of Christians. We are all descended from God's first created man and woman, which means we are all created in God's image after HIS likeness. We are one race - human. As followers of Jesus, we are collectively one body with one Head, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All brothers and sisters in Christ throughout the world make for a beautiful tapestry, don't you think.
According to God of course!

I have herd it said that Jesus came only for the Jews and then they usually bring up this scripture to back up there case

Matthew 15:24
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

any thoughts on this would be appreciated, I think Jesus came to save all of us
Programmatically his earthy ministry is to Jews. Then we get a transition after Acts 7 . Many think as soon as Jesus shows up its all about the church. Sadly this continues even before Acts 7 .

Yes we come from Adam and eve . Adam was created in God's image .

Loyal

There is only one type of christian, the ones who are born again from above, who have been washed and regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

If a soul is not born again from above, it is not a Christian, though many think and claim they are.

It is the same with the church, there is only one church, ekklesia, which only includes those who are born again from above as stated above.

This is because there is only one body of Christ, of which our Lord is its Head.

One church, one body, which will become the one true virgin bride.

One church, one body, no denominations. The body being made up of born again from above Christians, spiritual stones, regardless of age, sex, colour or tongue.

This includes the Messianic Jews, those who have found their promised Messiah, repented, accepted Yeshua, and are born again from above, as all true followers of Christ are.

Shalom

Last edited:
Active
There is only one type of christian, the ones who are born again from above, who have been washed and regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

If a soul is not born again from above, it is not a Christian, though many think and claim they are.

It is the same with the church, there is only one church, ekklesia, which only includes those who are born again from above as stated above.

This is because there is only one body of Christ, of which our Lord is its Head.

One church, one body, which will become the one true virgin bride.

One church, one body, no denominations. The body being made up of born again from above Christians, spiritual stones, regardless of age, sex, colour or tongue.

This includes the Messianic Jews, those who have found their promised Messiah, repented, accepted Yeshua, and are born again from above, as all true followers of Christ are.

Shalom
Or Race!

Active
Whey would race apply, tongue includes all races, all languages.

Shalom
Hey, I don't quite understand what your consternation on this is but we are here because of God, and yes, we are all "supposed to be" Christian!
We are a "World "made up of , at least the last time I looked ....of races.

This is God's doing , not us.
So among these RACES there are Caucasians, Negroids, Asians, Hispanic, Mongoloids....etc. .
Some are Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists , Jewish....etc..

Though we would prefer them all to be Christians, many will probably die as not!

Since please get over it!

Loyal
Hey, I don't quite understand what your consternation on this is but we are here because of God, and yes, we are all "supposed to be" Christian!
We are a "World "made up of , at least the last time I looked ....of races.

This is God's doing , not us.
So among these RACES there are Caucasians, Negroids, Asians, Hispanic, Mongoloids....etc. .
Some are Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists , Jewish....etc..

Though we would prefer them all to be Christians, many will probably die as not!

Since please get over it!

Not an issue, let's not make it one, do everything in love. It was just a comment my friend.

This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Active
Sorry...you seemed to make race an issue, my mistake.

Jesus should be Lord and Savior no matter what your country of origin or how you were raised!

Loyal
Sorry...you seemed to make race an issue, my mistake.

Jesus should be Lord and Savior no matter what your country of origin or how you were raised!

I smiled at your avitar, are you a fisher of men, fisher of fish or both?

I haven't fished since 2019 due to covid.

Tight lines my friend

Jesus is Lord