• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Did God really make the universe with all of the Galaxies?

Loyal
Our Galaxy in which we live “The Milky Way” have over 200 billion stars in it. As I understand It , They have come to a conclusion, they have to admit there is also over 200 BILLION GALAXIES in the universe that they know of. And it is still growing. Look it up! You mean to tell me “Our God” made all of that! And some people ask us to define GOD! How can anybody define a GOD like this! There are no words BiG enough !

Loyal
Update I think I made a mistake.
But scientists just found that it's actually much bigger than we'd previously thought. The observable universe is made up of at least two trillion galaxies, according to a new study. That's 20 times more than had previously been thought.Oct 14, 2016. This is very interesting. I wonder what our God has in mind.

Loyal
This verse, what Jesus said is taking on a new meaning or dimension.

King James Bible
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Active
You think that's big - you ain't seen Heaven mate, and bear in mind that it's due an upgrade!! Revelation 21:1

Loyal
And He is going to renew the Galaxies! And we are going to Reign with HIM! “Eyes have not seen nor ears have heard or anything entered into the heart of mankind, the things that God has in stored for us ❤

Staff Member
Hallelujah
Praise the Lord! :love:

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside Thee, what He hath prepared for him that waiteth for Him.
Isaiah 64:4

Thank you for posting this thread @PloughBoy
It is amazing to consider the greatness of our Lord.

PloughBoy,
re: "And He is going to renew the Galaxies!"

Any thoughts on why two trillion galaxies might need to be renewed?

Let me turn up the heat on this.

To answer your question, no. God not did make the universe with all the galaxies as presented by NASA.
Its just us. No other life forms (other than spiritual beings, good and bad.) No other planets, galaxies, etc.
Its not biblical, just mans creation.

"Planets" only appear once in the bible 2 Kings 23:5 and the actual hebrew word the Mazzalah means constellations/ cluster of stars. Galaxies are not in there.

We know far less about our external world than we actually think we do.

Genesis 1:1 (MEV) "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Do note that it says heavens with an (s), I believe it means galaxies.

Loyal
God made the “Cosmos” is the correct word. When Adam and Eve sinned, the cosmos affected. Sinned caused chaos throughout the universal. This spiritual knowledge is not for the world, neither is the Bible. Know your BIBle, and you will know these things are true. I’m not into biblical apologetics neither am I trying. I am a believer of “Holy Scripture” that’s is all.
Just a mere “Ploughboy”❤️

Loyal
Gen 1:16; God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

Isa 40:26; Lift up your eyes on high And see who has created these stars, The One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, Not one of them is missing.

Genesis 1:1 (MEV) "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Do note that it says heavens with an (s), I believe it means galaxies.
He goes onto list the heavens later the chapter.
Heavens is plural because there are 3 things called heaven according to the bible.

1. The Firmament
Genesis 1:8
And God called the firmament Heaven.
You may have "expanse", but the hebrew word is: Râqîya- extended surface (solid), expanse, firmament

2. The Sky
Genesis 6:7
I will destroy humanity whom I have created from the face of the earth, both humans and beasts, creeping thing and birds of heaven
Hebrew word there is: Shamayim -to be lofty; the sky , as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve

3. God's Domain
1 Kings 8:27
But will indeed God dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You.
Same Shamayim, but verse also distinguishes where God dwells by calling it the "heaven of heavens"

So plural heavens doesn't allude to galaxies or anything of the sort. It was the common understanding at that time that there are 3 heavens:
2 Corinthians 12:2
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know - God knows

But nonetheless, God is still beyond awesome.

Loyal
PloughBoy,

9However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived” b
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. (1 Corinth. 2:9-10).NIV.

5He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Rev.21:5) NIV.❤️

Loyal
PloughBoy,

11Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him,
we will also live with him;
12if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
(2 Tim.2:11-22) NIV.

Loyal
“And He will be my son”

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.3And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He shall dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be among them,4and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” 5And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. 7“He who overcomes shall inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. (Rev. 21: 1-7). Do you believe this?

PloughBoy,

Any particular reason for quoting my question to you and then writing about something else?

Loyal
I was quoting you and verifying you. Add this to all the posts I have written: Not only will [did] we received a “gift” from GOD, “The Son of GOD” will Receive a “Gift” from His Father Too, for Coming down here in this cursed world And dying a horrible and violent death, walking among people who despise Him and rejected Him And have been trying to kill Him from the time He Came out of his “mother’s” womb. “Grief” and sorrow and pain and tears had become his companions. Through out His years, He had to live in hiding, in a poor little uneducated town called “Nazareth “ in secrecy.

American King James Version
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Berean Study Bible
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow, and as knowledge grows, grief increases.

Now back to why the renewal of all the “Galaxies” “it’s part of a “Gift” from GOD to His only begotten Son in the person of “Jesus Christ” our “Lord”. That Gift is going to be “Perfect” not “Chaos” I’m going to“Anthropomorphic” words right here ok: what kind a gift or how big a gift , can “God” give a “God”! It’s got to be “Big”!! And especially if that “being “ is your Son. It is SO BIG, He needs brothers and sisters, to “Reign” over it!!! So Big, He needs “Joint heirs”. You see, Jesus will be “Lord of lords”, King of kings” I hope you got that.
You see, this whole story or purpose is all about “HIS son, in whom He is well please! Not about Us. We are nothing but clay, He is shaping and molding us into the “image” of His Son. He is going to have brothers and sisters just like him, and God the Father will love us just like He loves him, and we will live for ever and ever and ever and never die! And every moment will be better, than the moment that was before!
Why, because GOD has so ordained it to be so!

9However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived” b
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. (2 Corinthians 2:9,10). NIV. Shalom!

Salvation is a gift, Faith is a gift not by works, not earn, less any man or woman should boast! But men, will try to take a oz from this, because of pride.