• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Did God Allow Adam/Eve to Sin? Why?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Why did God allow Adam and Eve to sin? He must have known what they were going to do. The world was already perfect, so why didn't God keep it that way?

The opening chapters of the Bible tell us what happened when Adam and Eve committed the first sin - but they don't tell us exactly why God allowed it to happen. We must be careful, therefore, not to blame God for something that is ultimately beyond our understanding.

At the same time, the Bible does tell us two very important truths about Adam and Eve's sin. First, it tells us that they were completely free to love God - or to reject Him. In other words, they weren't robots! God's warning was clear: "You must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die" (Genesis 2:17).

But what if they had been robots - that is, what if they didn't have any will of their own, and all they could do was love God? Then their "love" for God wouldn't have been love at all - because love always involves a choice or a decision on our part. God took a great risk in creating them with a free will - but only then could their love for Him be real.

The other truth the Bible tells us, however, is that while sin's consequences were great - God's love is even greater. The proof is that He sent His only Son into the world so we could have our sins forgiven. Have you turned to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness and new life you need?

But what if they had been robots - that is, what if they didn't have any will of their own, and all they could do was love God? Then their "love" for God wouldn't have been love at all - because love always involves a choice or a decision on our part.

Amen !

God took a great risk in creating them with a free will - but only then could their love for Him be real.
A risk/price that costs his ONLY SON Jesus Christ afterwards , Just for Love

thank you for sharing brother Stephen

in Christ .........abigya

Last edited:
Brother Stephen,

It is a wonderful post. I especially liked what you mentioned here:

But what if they had been robots - that is, what if they didn't have any will of their own, and all they could do was love God? Then their "love" for God wouldn't have been love at all - because love always involves a choice or a decision on our part. God took a great risk in creating them with a free will - but only then could their love for Him be real.

The other truth the Bible tells us, however, is that while sin's consequences were great - God's love is even greater. The proof is that He sent His only Son into the world so we could have our sins forgiven. Have you turned to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness and new life you need?
Yes, indeed God gave us free will so that we might be capable of love, but on the other hand unfortunately people misuse this free will and they love to hate instead of showing love and affection.

You hinted on something that I posted in a video few weeks ago:

http://www.talkjesus.com/streaming-multimedia/19910-down-fall-lucifer.html (please do watch it)

God bless you. Thank you so much for your post.

I have gone a step further to think about what might have happened if they resisted and did not sin in the Garden.
Children would have been born (painless, yes!!) and the children would have been tempted. Would they have the fortitude to say no? Who knows?
I believe that it's a blessing that a child was not born before they sinned. Can you imagine leaving your baby, knowing that it was your fault?
Can you imagine if the Garden were still active on earth today, and you could look in but not be allowed in...
Or, if you were in, could you resist temptation? I've got to say that it can be hard for me...
Our grief over our individual sin causes us to turn to God for help. I cannot be good on my own and I know it. Anything good in me is directly from my God. I hesitate to say that I would be able to withstand temptation, why should I hold Adam and Eve to a higher standard?
But because history is what it is, now each of us has the chance to decide for ourselves whether we want to truly worship God or not. We do have a choice. A great saying I've heard is, 'Anyone who enters the gates of hell has to pass by the Cross first.'

God has given each individual free will in this world age to do as they please. God has given all of us his laws and his word that we might show ourselves approved unto him. We all make our own choices, whether they be right or wrong. We will be judged accordingly. Most individuals have total free will. That’s the only way to truly know someone’s true nature/heart. Give them Gods laws and word and let them go and do as they see fit in their lives and judge them on their merit. That’s the only way to see their true heart. The only people on earth that do not have total free will are the Elect. They have already proven their alliance to God in the first world age. They are here on earth to be use by God in His great plan of salvation. Many of the Elect do not know they are one of the Gods Elect. Like Paul, he didn’t know he was one of the Elect until God struck him down on the road to Damascus. Up until that point, Paul probably beat and imprisoned more Christians that most. God will intervene in the Elects lives when needed to further His plan along. God will not interfere with someone’s free will if they are not one of the Elect, unless they ask God to come into their life and use them. You may ask, who are the Elect?

Loyal Member
There is always the matter of legality....God did not have dominion in the Earth. Adam did...So it would have been illegal for God to stop Adam beyond the warning He gave Adam....So you ask "Where did Adam get dominion?" Genesis 1:28. The first thing God ever said to Adam and Eve was blessing and giving them dominion.
Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

That's also why God could not just step in and stomp Satan when Adam gave dominion t to him. God had to come in legally.

God did allow Adam and Eve to sin, just like he allowed all the men and women God created on the sixth day to sin also. Because that’s how God’s plan works. To understand what I meant about how Gods plan works, look at these basic facts. God wanted his children that he created to really and truly love him like He loved them. This is the kicker, the shocker, to most Christians. God, CANNOT CREAT TRUE LOVE. If He could create true love, He wouldn’t be putting all of us through the trails and tribulations that we all go through. He would just creat people that truly love him and we’d all live happily ever after. God Almighty is all wise, after all he created us, He could speak and bring material things into existence. So you can bet God knows how to produce children that really really do love because they desire to. Which is true love. To try and make someone love you, is not true love. To try and force love on someone is not true love. TRUE LOVE CAN ONLY WELL UP FROM WITHIN A FREE WILL THINKING INDIVIDUAL CAUSE THEY DESIRE TO OWN THEIR OWN. There no forcing true love in existence. It can’t be done and it be true love. Sorry folks it can’t happen.

This sounds to simple and there is probably more to it than I see, but some of the steps in creating true love is giving the children total free will to do or say as they will. Give them ten basic laws that teach the children to love and respect each others. Give them a book/Bible that has all the knowledge and wisdom in it that one would need in the developing of true love, teaches the children of a God that created and love them and wants their love in return, never showing himself to man, while asking them to just except Him and His word all on faith along.

Think about it my friends. Absolute true love cannot be made/created or forced, or it’s not true love. If it made or forced its false or fake. I can assure you God doesn’t want anything that not real.

Said all that to say, yes God allowed Adam and Eve to sin just as He allowed the men and women created on the sixth day to sin. I make a separate between Adam and Eve and the men and women created on the sixth day cause there is a difference. Adam and Eve are a special man and woman in that Adam was formed from the dust of the earth, He wasn’t created like the peoples created on the six day. God done something a little different bringing Adam into existence. He formed Adam, took a rib from Adam, the old manuscripts say curve, and made him a help mate, Eve. We may have an idea now days what curve God took from Adan now days. We are all now familiar with the term, the helical curve of DNA. Food for thought. Another fact that make Adam and Eve a special pair was this family of Adam is the family that the Christ was born unto. Just make sense that God would have a special man and woman that Jesus Christ would be born through. That’s why God always saw that there was a perfect generation or seed line from Adam and Eve, al the way to the birth of Christ.