Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Did Cain have authority over satan ?

Mike

We all heard about the downfall in the garden . But when satan tempted Cain , did he have the authority to stop him ? Brother

Yes brother. Cain has authority over satan because God says to him in Genesis 4:6,7 that he can conquer sin and can do what is right.

God bless us. Peace is with us.

Genesis 4:6&7 6*“Why are you so angry?” the Lord asked him. “Why do you look so dejected? 7*You will be accepted if you respond in the right way. But if you refuse to respond correctly, then watch out! Sin is waiting to attack and destroy you, and you must subdue it.”
God said sin not satan. Cain had the power to choose to do what was right.
Luke 10:17-20 17*When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, “Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!”
18*“Yes,” he told them, “I saw Satan falling from heaven as a flash of lightning! 19*And I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. 20*But don’t rejoice just because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered as citizens of heaven.”
The authority over the power of satan comes from being in Christ Jesus. Sin is disobedience to God, satan can tempt us or lure us into sin but he can not make us sin if we are in Christ, we must make a choice.
James 4:7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.
So I don't believe that cain had power over satan, but everyone in Christ does.

Jiggyfly ... Now that is what I am talking about ! I love the way you use the word to sharpen me ! I can't say that I think you are wrong because you have used the word as a skillfull swordsman . This is what we are to do in the fellowship ! You have me thinking now . Who is the author of sin ? I know it is in our nature after the fall of Adam . But who tempts that nature , and if cain did not have authority over the spirit behind sin , then why did God tell him to master over it [sin] ? Brother Mike

Did Cain have authority over satan?

God gave aAdam authority over every creature. Cain could have taken authority but he chose to not obey God by giving a blood offerings and also to be jealous of his brother. So he opened the door to satan to be used by him.

"Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin"

Cain wanted to do things his own way and give whatever offering he wanted - but God requires that only the blood offering can forgive sin. It was important because one day the Saviour would shed his blood to cleanse us from sin.

Both very good answeres Gloria . Thank you for participating . :love: :boy_hug: Brother

Back