• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Despair Gives Way To Faith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. John 20:8-9

At the height of their grief and confusion, Peter and John learned that the body of Jesus was no longer in the tomb. The women had at first suspected that it was stolen, but as Peter and John ran to the tomb, the teachings of Jesus finally made sense. As they saw the empty tomb with their own eyes, they realized that Jesus had told them all along that he would rise from the dead. In a moment, their despair shifted to hope.

There may be difficult circumstances in your life today--or in the future--that leave you in pain and confusion. Sometimes the relevance or trustworthiness of scripture may prove hard to apply in those circumstances. However, even the disciples of Jesus, who had the benefit of sitting at His feet, reached rock bottom at some points. It took the most unlikely and unexpected shift in events for them to finally believe.

You may not see that change coming. It will most likely surprise you. God's power may show up and bring renewed hope and restoration when you least expect it.

Prayer: Lord, I trust in Your power and care even when my life doesn't make sense.

Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. John 20:8-9

At the height of their grief and confusion, Peter and John learned that the body of Jesus was no longer in the tomb. The women had at first suspected that it was stolen, but as Peter and John ran to the tomb, the teachings of Jesus finally made sense. As they saw the empty tomb with their own eyes, they realized that Jesus had told them all along that he would rise from the dead. In a moment, their despair shifted to hope.

There may be difficult circumstances in your life today--or in the future--that leave you in pain and confusion. Sometimes the relevance or trustworthiness of scripture may prove hard to apply in those circumstances. However, even the disciples of Jesus, who had the benefit of sitting at His feet, reached rock bottom at some points. It took the most unlikely and unexpected shift in events for them to finally believe.

You may not see that change coming. It will most likely surprise you. God's power may show up and bring renewed hope and restoration when you least expect it.

Prayer: Lord, I trust in Your power and care even when my life doesn't make sense.
Haha @ "when life doesn't make sense" Amen, true dat, I get there quite often... especially in my marriage :|

But I truly thank you Lord for bringing me thru those times, showing me that it's all for my good and that I can trust in you to be my rock!! All glory be to God!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Chad Devotionals 0