• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Demons and Fallen Angels

Loyal
There are people who believe demons are fallen angels, I suppose it's possible. I honestly don't know.
But if this is the case, it brings up a few questions.

Are Satan and Beelzebul the same person?

Matt 12:27; "If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges.
Luke 11:19; "And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges.

If demons are fallen angels, then why aren't demon imprisoned?

2 Pet 2:4; For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;
Jude 1:6; And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,

If good angels can make themselves physically tangible ( they can physically touch you ) can demons do the same?

Gen 19:10; But the men reached out their hands and brought Lot into the house with them, and shut the door.

Finally it seems there is a great emphasis on loving pets these days, is it possible demons possess these animals?

Matt 8:31; The demons began to entreat Him, saying, "If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine."
Matt 8:32; And He said to them, "Go!" And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters.

Did the demons need Jesus's permission to enter the swine?

.. to be continued ...

Loyal
It seems the first time demons are mentioned in the Bible they are called "goat demons".

Lev 17:7; "They shall no longer sacrifice their sacrifices to the goat demons with which they play the harlot. This shall be a permanent statute to them throughout their generations."'

Interestingly enough, they "sacrificed" to these demons, did the demons ask for this, or were the Jews just in the habit of doing sacrifices?

.. to be continued ..

Loyal
2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Fallen angels are in "chains of darkness". They are free to roam the earth while they are restricted to everlasting chains of darkness. They can not break free from the darkness they are confined to.
Hell is a movable place, but all of its victims can not escape from it's darkness.

Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.........

Loyal
If good angels can make themselves physically tangible ( they can physically touch you ) can demons do the same?

I would say the angels that did not sin have the power to take on the form of men, as angels are "ministering spirits" without a corporal body.

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

My best guess is fallen angels lost the power to take on a body like unto men.

Loyal
2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Fallen angels are in "chains of darkness". They are free to roam the earth while they are restricted to everlasting chains of darkness. They can not break free from the darkness they are confined to.
Hell is a movable place, but all of its victims can not escape from it's darkness.

Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.........
Your questions are good ones, my friend, but the translation you are using has misled you in one verse...Isaiah 14:9 "Hell is moved to meet you..." The word 'moved' is the Hebrew "ragaz" which is more properly translated as 'excited', or 'stirred up'. I would suggest you read that verse again in context...say from vs 1 to at least vs 20?
As for demons....No they are not fallen angels. Like fallen angels though they cannot die, they cannot leave the Earth. They are locked in here with us. They have no bodies, they cannot eat or sleep or satisfy any of their uh...hungers. Unless they occupy a body. Yes, they can occupy a man, a pet even a machine like a computer.
Rev 6:8 'and hell followed' Hell, Hades, Sheol....the same name in three different languages....Hades is the god of the underworld. He is the son of Cronus, a fallen angel. Believe it or not, you can get a geniology of the fallen by reading "Greek mythology" Those gods are real.

Loyal
As for demons....No they are not fallen angels. Like fallen angels though they cannot die,

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Mat 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Demon's are fallen angels just as Lucifer's name was changed to Serpent, and to 30 other names spoken through out scriptures.

The Greek word for "demon" is translated 41 times to "devils", 18 times to "devil", and one time to "gods". There are no separate evils spirits that will be cast into the LOF other than Satan, and all of his angels, along with all those who reject the Gospel.

Loyal
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Mat 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Demon's are fallen angels just as Lucifer's name was changed to Serpent, and to 30 other names spoken through out scriptures.

The Greek word for "demon" is translated 41 times to "devils", 18 times to "devil", and one time to "gods". There are no separate evils spirits that will be cast into the LOF other than Satan, and all of his angels, along with all those who reject the Gospel.
You can believe that if you want to.

Loyal
The scriptures do not say that fallen angels are demons. You are reading that into it.
Are you saying that there are other evil spirits out and about on planet earth that came by some other means other than being a angel to start with? And if you think there is were is there ultimate end, and who said so?

Loyal
Are you saying that there are other evil spirits out and about on planet earth that came by some other means other than being a angel to start with? And if you think there is were is there ultimate end, and who said so?
Of course. Fallen angels kidnapped human women and bred with them. Their offspring, the nephilim, when they die are the spirits that are demons. Not the fallen angels but the Earthborn spirits...You can read about it in a book that was a part of the bible for the first eight hundred years of church history, until the Romanist church had it removed. They removed the Book of Enoch from the Bible because it proved the lie of some of their doctrine.

Loyal
Of course. Fallen angels kidnapped human women and bred with them. Their offspring, the nephilim, when they die are the spirits that are demons. Not the fallen angels but the Earthborn spirits...You can read about it in a book that was a part of the bible for the first eight hundred years of church history, until the Romanist church had it removed. They removed the Book of Enoch from the Bible because it proved the lie of some of their doctrine.
As you already know Jesus told us that angels do not marry, nor are they given in marriage. Angels can not have sex with woman as they do not posses a body, but they can posses a human male and then have sex. Jesus told the religious leaders of his day the "their father was the devil, and the lust of their father they will do..." The devil did not have sex with their mothers and then they were born. The word "demon" can be translated as "intelligence". Demons are very intelligent but they have no body to procreate with humans. Their ability to posses a person brings vile unclean thoughts, and motives (sin) to that person, which can be passed on to others of like mindedness. We were sinners because we are Adams descendants. It makes no difference what names the different ranks of angels were before their fall, they have become something different from what they started as, which were angels.

Loyal
As you already know Jesus told us that angels do not marry, nor are they given in marriage. Angels can not have sex with woman as they do not posses a body, but they can posses a human male and then have sex. Jesus told the religious leaders of his day the "their father was the devil, and the lust of their father they will do..." The devil did not have sex with their mothers and then they were born. The word "demon" can be translated as "intelligence". Demons are very intelligent but they have no body to procreate with humans. Their ability to posses a person brings vile unclean thoughts, and motives (sin) to that person, which can be passed on to others of like mindedness. We were sinners because we are Adams descendants. It makes no difference what names the different ranks of angels were before their fall, they have become something different from what they started as, which were angels.
Now you're misreading the Word my friend...The bible says they do not....It does not say they cannot. I did not say that demons have sex with women. I said fallen angels did that. You can read about that in Genesis 6 and in other places as well. In time, when men began to multiply on earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were attractive; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Adonai said, “My Spirit will not live in human beings forever, for they too are flesh; therefore their life span is to be 120 years.” 4 The N’filim were on the earth in those days, and also afterwards, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; these were the ancient heroes, men of renown.
The Nephilim are the offspring of fallen angels and human women.
Actually we were sinners because we sinned. I think though that you are referring to what Christians call our sinful nature. Our proclivity to sin

Loyal
the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; these were the ancient heroes, men of renown.

Again the
"sons of God" were " angels" according to the book of Job. All angels do not have a body to be able to have sex with humans. All angels are "ministering spirits" without bodies as it tells us in the book of Hebrews chapter one. The only way a fallen angels (demon) can have any kind of sex with a human is by possessing another human male. The lake of fire was made for the devil and all of his angels that fell with him. Under the heading of "angels" come demons, powers of darkness, principalities, wicked spirits, ect....ect which all started out as angels.

Loyal
Again the "sons of God" were " angels" according to the book of Job. All angels do not have a body to be able to have sex with humans. All angels are "ministering spirits" without bodies as it tells us in the book of Hebrews chapter one. The only way a fallen angels (demon) can have any kind of sex with a human is by possessing another human male. The lake of fire was made for the devil and all of his angels that fell with him. Under the heading of "angels" come demons, powers of darkness, principalities, wicked spirits, ect....ect which all started out as angels.
That is not Word Curtis....You said you have to believe WORD. This is a hypothesis. Nothing more. and you're wrong...Angels can and do take solid shape...Read Genesis 19

Its funny and pathetic how Christians tend to draw such conclusions from the verses about angels marrying etc.

Loyal
That is not Word Curtis....You said you have to believe WORD. This is a hypothesis. Nothing more. and you're wrong...Angels can and do take solid shape...Read Genesis 19

Its funny and pathetic how Christians tend to draw such conclusions from the verses about angels marrying etc.

Only angels who have NOT fallen with Lucifer can take on a human shape. Fallen angels do not have that ability. No where in scripture do we find fallen angels taking on a physical body, which is why they inhabit other bodies that do not belong to them.

Loyal
Angels can not have sex with each other, as God created all the angels. If angels could reproduce then God would have only made two angels and then tell them to replenish the earth, or heaven.

Active
Demons are very intelligent but they have no body to procreate with humans.

I am not saying you are wrong. But how can they be intelligent and yet unable to make a body to possess? The devil makes the anti-Christ.

Angels can come as one of us Heb 13:2. Granted, fallen angels probably can't come as one of these angels mentioned. But to assume that equates to them being unable to come with a body seems like a stretch.

I do believe there is ''some'' truth to grey aliens, vampires, werewolves and maybe even...mermaids. I am probably going to regret stating this later :grin:.

Loyal
I am not saying you are wrong. But how can they be intelligent and yet unable to make a body to possess? The devil makes the anti-Christ.

Angels can come as one of us Heb 13:2. Granted, fallen angels probably can't come as one of these angels mentioned. But to assume that equates to them being unable to come with a body seems like a stretch.

I do believe there is ''some'' truth to grey aliens, vampires, werewolves and maybe even...mermaids. I am probably going to regret stating this later :grin:.

One of the translations of the word "demon" is " intelligence".Lucifer was created to have wisdom, but because of wrong thinking he corrupted his wisdom.

Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

All fallen angels have been cast down into the everlasting chains of darkness, which restricts their power they once had. They seek to express themselves by taking on another person's body. Angels are known as "ministering spirits" (Heb 1:13-14) Ministering spirits have no corporal body, but the Holy Angels of God can appear in human form, unlike fallen angels who are in chains of darkness. We wrestle not against flesh, and blood but against principalities, powers the "rulers of darkness of this world", against spiritual wickedness in high places. Without the name of Jesus, and the power of the Holy Spirit we would be no match to them.

Loyal

No my friend, you are right. Demons DO use bodies...Not their own for as you say...they have no bodies of their own...anymore. They use bodies that are manufactured for them to use...alien greys, werewolves, centaurs and such, yes but also they use bodies that resemble our own but if you see them they appear odd. Clumsy, stiffer than we are, black eyes....There is a group though that look almost identical to us....They're called Nordics because they resemble the people living in the northwest part of Europe. Now what I've just written here can start a fight. LOL