• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Delivered from, and Translated to?

Loyal

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who HATH DELIVERED US FROM THE POWER OF DARKNESS, AND HATH TRANSLATED US INTO THE KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON:

The word, “delivered” means, “to rescue from”, and the word, “translated” means, “to transfer too
All born again Christians have been “rescued” from the powers of darkness, and have been "transferred” to the Kingdom of God's dear Son. Where ever Jesus is right now, so is his Church, because you can not separate Jesus from his body the Church!

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )
Eph 2:6 And HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER, AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS:

This is NOT some future event that will happen someday. What will happen one day is that we will “know” the “redemption” of our physical bodies when the rapture the Church takes place! The Bible is clear on what we are waiting for while we are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ, while our physical bodies are limited to this time based world.

Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves too, who have and enjoy the firstfruits of the [Holy] Spirit [a foretaste of the blissful things to come] groan inwardly as WE WAIT FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES [from sensuality and the grave, which will reveal] our adoption (our manifestation as God's sons).
(AMP)

Does this mean someday we will be called the sons of God? Absolutely not!!!

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, THAT WE SHOULD BE CALLED THE SONS OF GOD: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, NOW ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Does this mean someday will get eternal life?

1Jn 5:13 THESE THINGS HAVE I WRITTEN UNTO YOU that believe on the name of the Son of God; THAT YE MAY KNOW THAT YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

You can not get anymore “eternal life” than what you already have right now!! Not only are we sitting in Heavenly places in Jesus today, Jesus is living inside us, because he is our new life!!!

Gal 2:20 I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST: NEVERTHELESS I LIVE; YET NOT I, BUT CHRIST LIVETH IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2Co 13:5 EXAMINE AND TEST AND EVALUATE YOUR OWN SELVES to see whether you are holding to your faith and showing the proper fruits of it. Test and prove yourselves [not Christ]. DO YOU NOT YOURSELVES REALIZE AND KNOW [THOROUGHLY BY AN EVER-INCREASING EXPERIENCE] THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU--unless you are [counterfeits] disapproved on trial and rejected? (AMP)

Faith without experience is no faith at all!! No one can experience what they do not have faith in! Faith comes by hearing the voice of Jesus, and experience comes from believing what He says!

Last edited by a moderator:

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who HATH DELIVERED US FROM THE POWER OF DARKNESS, AND HATH TRANSLATED US INTO THE KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON:

The word, “delivered” means, “to rescue from”, and the word, “translated” means, “to transfer too
All born again Christians have been “rescued” from the powers of darkness, and have been "transferred” to the Kingdom of God's dear Son. Where ever Jesus is right now, so is his Church, because you can not separate Jesus from his body the Church!

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )
Eph 2:6 And HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER, AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS:

This is NOT some future event that will happen someday. What will happen one day is that we will “know” the “redemption” of our physical bodies when the rapture the Church takes place! The Bible is clear on what we are waiting for while we are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ, while our physical bodies are limited to this time based world.

Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves too, who have and enjoy the firstfruits of the [Holy] Spirit [a foretaste of the blissful things to come] groan inwardly as WE WAIT FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES [from sensuality and the grave, which will reveal] our adoption (our manifestation as God's sons).
(AMP)

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, THAT WE SHOULD BE CALLED THE SONS OF GOD: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, NOW ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jn 5:13 THESE THINGS HAVE I WRITTEN UNTO YOU that believe on the name of the Son of God; THAT YE MAY KNOW THAT YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

You can not get anymore “eternal life” than what you already have right now!! Not only are we sitting in Heavenly places in Jesus today, Jesus is living inside us, because he is our new life!!!

Gal 2:20 I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST: NEVERTHELESS I LIVE; YET NOT I, BUT CHRIST LIVETH IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2Co 13:5 EXAMINE AND TEST AND EVALUATE YOUR OWN SELVES to see whether you are holding to your faith and showing the proper fruits of it. Test and prove yourselves [not Christ]. DO YOU NOT YOURSELVES REALIZE AND KNOW [THOROUGHLY BY AN EVER-INCREASING EXPERIENCE] THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU--unless you are [counterfeits] disapproved on trial and rejected? (AMP)

Faith without experience is no faith at all!! No one can experience what they do not have faith in! Faith comes by hearing the voice of Jesus, and experience comes from believing what He says!

The word of God has many wonderful promises. But those promises are to the righteous only. It is 100% clear at 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, and Galations 5:19-21--2 lists of unacceptable sins to Gods view. Both spots teach--if one practices one of these-They will NOT enter Gods kingdom( be saved)--At corinthians it clearly shows in the statement--That is what some of you were= past tense. The righteous do not practice one of those sins. Repentence is the stopping of the doing of a sin. If one does one of those sins and asks forgiveness and that pattern keeps up. That is a mockery of Gods will.
Jesus was clear at Matthew 7:21-23--He speaks to both righteous and wicked--He says--Those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( be saved)--To the wicked he says( this is judgement scenario) Get away from me, you who work iniquity( lawlessness= practicer of sin) i must confess i never even knew you.
At Galations Paul mentions-spiritism. The greek word = Farmacia-drugs is a part of spiritism. Seems like 99% on earth are doing at least one of those sins. Not even to mention all of the false god worship all over the earth. No wonder Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road. We all must be very careful, satan is cunning and can easily make one reason falsely. Unfortunately mortal hearts are this-Jeremiah 17:9--The heart is desperate and treacherous who can know it? The bible tells us to guard it carefully.

(AMP)

Faith without EXPERIENCE is no faith at all?

I know you love the AMP Version, but what does Scriptures say?
Jas_2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

αλλ ερει τις συ πιστιν εχεις καγω εργα εχω δειξον μοι την πιστιν σου χωρις των εργων σου καγω δειξω σοι εκ των εργων μου την πιστιν μου
εργα
G2041
N-APN
ἔργον
toil
From ἔργω ergō (a primary but obsolete word; to work); toil (as an effort or occupation); by implication an act: - deed, doing, labour, work.
LXX related word(s)
H734 orach
H1576 gemul
H1697 davar
H1870 derekh
H2706 choq
H3018 yegia
H3627 keli
H3948 leqach
H4193 mot
H4390 male pi.
H4399 melakhah
H4522 mas
H4853 massa
H4916 mishlach yad
H5450 sivlah
H5647 laavod
H5647 avad
H5656 laavodah
H5656 avodah
H5949 alilah
H6098 etsah
H6213 asah
H6466 paal
H6467 poal
H6486 pequddah
H7200 raah
H8441 toevah
H8457 taznut

Show me where "experience" is fitting in this verse, and I am not nit picking, the AMP contain some serious blunders.

Jas_2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

without works. +Jas_2:18, Mat_7:21; Mat_7:26; Mat_11:9, Luk_7:35, +*Joh_13:17, **Rom_3:20 note, Rom_3:28, Rev_2:26.

θελεις δε γνωναι ω ανθρωπε κενε οτι η πιστις χωρις των εργων νεκρα εστιν
Is ergon here "experience?"

ergon
ergasia
pragma,
dunameis,
Verbs.
1. ergazomai
katergazomai

energeo

poieo

sunergeo

ginomai

Jas_2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

As to 2 Cor 3.15

2Co 13:5 Try your own selves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Or know ye not as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you? unless indeed ye be reprobate.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Examine yourselves (ἑαυτοὺς πειράζετε)
Yourselves is emphatic. Instead of putting Christ to the test, test yourselves. Rev., try, is better than examine. Examination does not necessarily imply a practical test. It may be merely from curiosity. Trial implies a definite intent to ascertain their spiritual condition.
The faith
See on Act_6:7. In a believing attitude toward Christ.
Prove (δοκιμάζετε)
As the result of trying.
Or know ye not, etc.
Assuming that you thus prove yourselves, does not this test show you that Christ is in you as the result of your faith in him?
Reprobates (ἀδόκιμοι)
An unfortunate translation. A reprobate is one abandoned to perdition. The word is kindred to the verb prove (δοκιμάζετε), and means disapproved on trial. See on Rom_1:28.
Vincent

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Examine - Greek, ’Try yourselves.’
Prove your own selves. This should be your first aim, rather than seeking "a proof of Christ speaking in me" (2Co_13:3).
Your own selves. If ye try your own selves ye will see that Christ is in you (Rom_8:10). Finding Christ in yourselves, by faith, ye may believe that He ’speaks in me’ (2Co_13:3), by whose ministry ye have received this faith. Compare "we ... in Him" (2Co_13:4). To doubt it would be the sin of Israel, who, after so many experimental proofs of God’s presence, still cried (Exo_17:7). "Is the Lord among us or not?" (cf. Mar_8:11.)
Except ye be reprobates. The Greek softens it, ’somewhat reprobates’ [ adokimoi (G96)] - i:e., not abiding the "proof" (alluding to the same word in the context). Image from metals (Jer_6:30; Dan_5:27; Rom_1:28).
JFB

There is dokimazo, and peiradzo

So, what is it? Do we go by experience, or by faith?

If I "experience" the presence of the Holy Spirit daily, leading and guiding me on a daily basis, then the opposite would be I don't need faith.

Shalom
Johann