• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Delight yourself in the Lord

Delight yourself in the Lord

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
PSALM 37:4

A certain airline pilot had a peculiar habit. Whenever he took off from his hometown of Minneapolis, he would ask the copilot to take the controls. Then he would stare intently out the window for a few moments.

Finally the copilot's curiosity got the best of him, so he asked, "What do you always look at down there?" "See that boy fishing on that riverbank?" the pilot asked. "I used to fish from that same spot when I was a kid. Whenever a plane flew over, I would watch it until it disappeared and wish that I could be the pilot." With a sigh he added, "Now I wish I could be back down there fishing."

It's natural to spend time thinking about where we'd like to be or what we'd like to have. But we must evaluate our desires to make sure they are consistent with what God wants for us. King David found satisfaction by putting first things first. His joy was rooted in the strength of the Lord. It was because David sought the Lord that God gave him the desires of his heart.

When our desires conform to God's will, we are not likely to waste time wishing for things that can't satisfy. Real joy comes not in getting what we want but in wanting to be close to God.

Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard

this is good right here. i love how God will bless us with the desires of our heart. We rarely trust anyone with such a deep rooted want for fear that it would be seen as un obtainable. But the Lord knows what we'll ask before we ask it. I love that about the God we serve...

this is good right here. i love how God will bless us with the desires of our heart. We rarely trust anyone with such a deep rooted want for fear that it would be seen as un obtainable. But the Lord knows what we'll ask before we ask it. I love that about the God we serve...
God doesn't always give us what we want but HE'LL Always give us what we need.