• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Deceived??

Loyal
I saw this on Face book group
------------------"Knowledge of and obedience to the Word of God protects us from being taken in by the massive deception happening right now"

Could it be knowledge about scripture with out obedience to it would make us easily deceived. .

I really have been wondering why some seem to be deceived and some are not, could it be as simple as being obedient to the word. .

Praise God I think it is !!

Loyal
Excellent.

Jas 1:22; But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Luke 13:25 "Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Lord, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.'
Luke 13:26 "Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets';
Luke 13:27 and He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.'

... but hey, at least they ate and drank in His presence.

Jas 2:24; You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Loyal
Could it be knowledge about scripture with out obedience to it would make us easily deceived. .

I really have been wondering why some seem to be deceived and some are not, could it be as simple as being obedient to the word. .

Scripture says my people perish for lack of knowledge BUT it does not stop there it goes on to say because they refuse......refuse understanding because they know better and don't WANT it.

Then with obedience comes correction and sadly enough far to many refuse any and all correction. No correction then no growth.

People make the decision to be deceived. They refuse Truth and accept deception.
Not a healthy way to be.
Blessings

Active
I saw this on Face book group
------------------"Knowledge of and obedience to the Word of God protects us from being taken in by the massive deception happening right now"

Praise God I think it is !!

What is the 'massive deception' that is happening right now?

Quantrill

Loyal
What is the 'massive deception' that is happening right now?

Quantrill

I would have to say all the false teachings people cling to. how about you what do you think? its massive deception that I used to pray to Marry, its massive deceptions that I used to tell a priest behind a curtain my sins and think I was forgiven for them, it massive deception to think I can keep sinning just a little and go to purgatory and be cleansed, just a few from my personal experience. how about you??

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Active
I would have to say all the false teachings people cling to. how about you what do you think? its massive deception that I used to pray to Marry, its massive deceptions that I used to tell a priest behind a curtain my sins and think I was forgiven for them, it massive deception to think I can keep sinning just a little and go to purgatory and be cleansed, just a few from my personal experience. how about you??

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

So, the massive deception is the Roman Church?

Quantrill

Loyal
Scripture says my people perish for lack of knowledge BUT it does not stop there it goes on to say because they refuse......refuse understanding because they know better and don't WANT it.

Then with obedience comes correction and sadly enough far to many refuse any and all correction. No correction then no growth.

People make the decision to be deceived. They refuse Truth and accept deception.
Not a healthy way to be.
Blessings
You've heard the saying "He knows just enough to be dangerous"?

Active
No, that would make us wicked. Doing X when knowing it is wrong = wicked, not deceived.

Deception happens when we listen to and follow teaching from false teachers. If we knew scripture we would not be deceived.

Loyal
I wonder if there is much difference between being "wicked" and being "deceived". It seems both groups will face the wrath of God.

Eph 5:6; Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

I've heard "Christians" say things like I believe in the "pan theory"... "it'll all pan out in the end". They don't know how right they are.

1 Jn 2:23; Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
1 Jn 2:24; As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
1 Jn 2:25; This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.
1 Jn 2:26; These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you.

Now many people in the world are saying we don't need Jesus to get to God or heaven. But it says here, whoever denies the Son doesn't have the Father either.
John says he is telling us this... because people are trying to "deceive you".

There are people who teach we can still sin as much as we want to and still get into heaven.

1 Cor 6:9; Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Paul says.. don't be "deceived" These people will NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Tim 3:12; Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
2 Tim 3:13; But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
2 Tim 3:14; You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,

All of 2 Timothy chapter 3 is eye opening. Take a look around after reading it.
It says in the last days, people will go from bad to worse. You think things are bad now, it's going to get worse.
People will be deceiving others, and they themselves will be deceived.

James also warns about sin and lust...

Jas 1:14; But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
Jas 1:15; Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
Jas 1:16; Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.

He ends this warning with... "don't be deceived".

Active
I wonder if there is much difference between being "wicked" and being "deceived". It seems both groups will face the wrath of God.

Eph 5:6; Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
This scripture you quoted says ''the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience''. When you say deceived = wicked you imply some will be in hell for reasons other then their disobedience / love of sin. As though they are 'unlucky' to have been deceived. There are no 'unlucky' people in hell. God is not a fool.

Loyal
Deception happens when we listen to and follow teaching from false teachers. If we knew scripture we would not be deceived.

To one point I agree that deception can come from false teaching, I see that all the time.

However I have herd people claim they study scripture on there own for years some of them say they dont attend any church, and then I here them claim things like sin is not sin for believers, or I have herd some claim you can keep sinning and get to heaven because no one can stop sinning. Yet these people from my limited knowledge of them, made these claims from there own study of scripture.

Active
To one point I agree that deception can come from false teaching, I see that all the time.

However I have herd people claim they study scripture on there own for years some of them say they dont attend any church, and then I here them claim things like sin is not sin for believers, or I have herd some claim you can keep sinning and get to heaven because no one can stop sinning. Yet these people from my limited knowledge of them, made these claims from there own study of scripture.
The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth John 16:13.

Anyone at the pulpit can preach heresy and be a false teacher. The benefit to church attendance is on par with coals in a fire. We stay hot. Close to the pulse of God at work and moving among His people. It is also respectful to have a regular breaking of bread service.

We all have our own opinions of scripture. I would argue that 90% of us here disagree on Rom 14:5 issues. OSAS vs non OSAS = Rom 14:5. Rapture pre or mid = Rom 14:5. Annihilation vs eternal hell = Rom 14:5. Calvinism teaching God is partial / wicked. Faith teaching that only faith and correct church / religion attendance pleases God and can cure all your problems, well these are not Rom 14:5 issues.

Such non Rom 14:5 deception does not take place easily within a person. You have to give in to it. You have to have a wicked heart to be ok with serving a wicked God.

Scripture on not being deceived is simply talking to Christians not being sidetracked with nonsense. Or themselves becoming guilty for preaching similar nonsense for a period of time. The devil cannot destroy us. But he can make us of little to no affect in God's service. We can give years to the locusts. This is the risk of being deceived. Being deceived does not in anyway shape or form make us a wicked person.

Loyal
Being deceived does not in anyway shape or form make us a wicked person.

But it does still make us "unsaved". Mormons are deceived and unsaved. Jehovahs Witnesses are deceived and unsaved.
Muslims are deceived and unsaved. Buddhists are deceived and unsaved.

These people may not be inherantly "wicked" (although God says differently) but they are still unsaved, and going to burn.

Jer 13:10; 'This wicked people, who refuse to listen to My words, who walk in the stubbornness of their hearts and have gone after other gods to serve them and to bow down to them, let them be just like this waistband which is totally worthless.

Active
But it does still make us "unsaved". Mormons are deceived and unsaved. Jehovahs Witnesses are deceived and unsaved.
Muslims are deceived and unsaved. Buddhists are deceived and unsaved.

These people may not be inherantly "wicked" (although God says differently) but they are still unsaved, and going to burn.

Jer 13:10; 'This wicked people, who refuse to listen to My words, who walk in the stubbornness of their hearts and have gone after other gods to serve them and to bow down to them, let them be just like this waistband which is totally worthless.

BAC you are missing the boat here. Mormons, Bhuddists, Muslims, atheists, scientologists and whatever else can be found by God, get a revelation of Jesus and come to Christianity if they would sincerely repent of their sins...NOT if they suddenly decided to attend a Christian church.

James 4:8 is crystal clear that God draws near to those who repent and hate what is wicked. 1 Cor 12:3 and Matt 16:16-17 are crystal clear that God gives us Christian faith to believe Jesus is Lord.

So, they are deceived but they are not wicked because they are deceived. They are wicked because they are wicked. A Christian who is not wicked can also be deceived. A Christian is not now wicked because they are deceived.

When we choose to believe what we know is heresy, we are wicked, not deceived. When we teach what we know or suspect to be heresy we are wicked.

Nobody rejects Jesus and is en route to hell for simply being deceived and in the wrong religion. We go to hell, we reject Jesus because we love the darkness, we love wickedness John 3:19.

Loyal
BAC you are missing the boat here. Mormons, Bhuddists, Muslims, atheists, scientologists and whatever else can be found by God, get a revelation of Jesus and come to Christianity if they would sincerely repent of their sins...NOT if they suddenly decided to attend a Christian church.

well one of us certainly is. But who you believe in and who your God is has just as much, if not more to do with whether you you go to heaven or not.

The reason this Forum is called talk.. "Jesus" is because we believe in Jesus. If we believed there was another way to God we would be on talkBuddha or talkAllah.
There is only ONE way....

John 14:6 Jesus; *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Acts 4:12. "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

There is no other way... period. To say there is, is pure heresy.

John 3:16; "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:17; "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3:18; "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Belieiving in Jesus is an absolute requirement.
... otherwise... why even bother with being a Christian?

Active
well one of us certainly is. But who you believe in and who your God is has just as much, if not more to do with whether you you go to heaven or not.

The reason this Forum is called talk.. "Jesus" is because we believe in Jesus. If we believed there was another way to God we would be on talkBuddha or talkAllah.
There is only ONE way....

John 14:6 Jesus; *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Acts 4:12. "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

There is no other way... period. To say there is, is pure heresy.

John 3:16; "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:17; "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3:18; "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Belieiving in Jesus is an absolute requirement.
... otherwise... why even bother with being a Christian?
''Talk Buddha''' :grin: :laughing:

You are not interpreting my post correctly. I agree with all you have said here.

Let me try rephrase. A Bhuddist is deceived. But they are not wicked because they are a Bhuddist. People do not go to hell because they in the wrong religion. They go to hell because they love what is wicked John 3:19.

Now, if they hated what is wicked they would repent and God would find them / reveal Jesus to them and they would then attend a Christian church.

Having said this. The space we probably do agree on is where people have heard of Jesus and His message and choose to stay in their deception as it is darkness and not light. But in this instance their running from the light is the wickedness, not the deceptive religion as it is no longer a deception for them but rather a choice of a religion that does not have Christ.