• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

David Wilkerson: An Urgent Message

A blessed Easter to all.
As far as this message is concerned, I had feelings about storing some food before I even saw it and it really hit me when a friend, a really strong Christian sent it to me. Of course we must lean first of all on Jesus but we are his eyes ears hands etc. Noah in particular springs to mind. If he had just sat praying instead of spending a long time building a boat far from the sea he would have drowned with the rest and they were the ones who ridiculed him, they thought he was crazy. Jesus would not have suddenly made a boat appear when the floods came, Noah had to build it. I also think of Joseph who stored food in Egypt and saved many lives. Revelations speaks of a famine and by the way, I think it also describes a nuclear attack. We must keep our eyes open and on the Lord and His guidance. If we do store extra food it's not going to be a big deal anyway because it can be rotated.
God bless.

Thanks for this Chad, people need reminding that scripture is clear about the fact that no one knows 'when' except God the Father.

Book

Hi, blessings to you all.

I came here last night and came across a book which was written by a man who was talking about the fact that we are in the end times. He said he is a prophet from God and he said that all the seals have been opened apart from the 7th. When that is opened I think he said a third of the USA would be destroyed and also parts of Europe. Before I could get to the end of it it got lost and I can't remember where I went to get it, I can't even remember the name of the writer.

I found it quite scary. I know we are told not to fear but this is a big struggle within me. I have a very sensitive nature and feel things very strongly which has caused me a lot of pain in my life, I have a very vivid imagination.

Does anyone know where I can find this book? I wasn't sure if he was saying that he is one of the two prophets who are coming back in the last days. I would welcome people's comments and comfort.

The book

Hi, blessings to you all.

I came here last night and came across a book which was written by a man who was talking about the fact that we are in the end times.

Does anyone know where I can find this book? I wasn't sure if he was saying that he is one of the two prophets who are coming back in the last days. I would welcome people's comments and comfort.

It sounds like you are talking about "2008 God's Final Witness" by Ronald Weinland. I have read parts of this as well but I am waiting to see if he is a true prophet. If what he claims comes to pass. So be discerning and don't get caught up in all the drama. God bless you.

Wilkerson's record

Only one authored a post here stating Wilkerson's unamazing record of his prophecies. How can a prophet be judged other than by these?

If you had a problem with your car and took it to a mechanic who got it right, well, not very often, how long would you continue to take your car to him? Further, call him an able mechanic?

Whereas I don't know enough of Wilkerson's beliefs on the Bible, I do have issues with those who speak about visions that do not come to pass. It is irresponsible and unhealthy to claim "God told me so" when you are not sure. How can you be sure? I think God has a way of letting you know.

Personally, I find it a little disconcerting when someone speaks of mass disasters and instead of pleading with the audience to pray and humble themselves to God, instead they say "store tons of food away". How is this faith? In case it isn't obvious... you're going to die. It doesn't matter how; it does matter that your spirit is in the right place.

In just recent history, wars, plagues, famines, etc. have plagued our world. I do not recall prophets telling God's people what was about to happen. The reason is simple: if you are God's, you are safe and there is no reason to fear. "Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Wilkerson seems to be calling attention to himself, which by itself may not be a bad thing. But when the spiritual advice he gives is "stock away tons of food", I don't see Jesus here. But then, I'm not sure I see Jesus in multi-million dollar ministries that have more eye-appeal then heart-appeal. Maybe they ought to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.

Prophets are often mocked. In this case, I think we should listen to David Wilkerson's words about his vision and what he heard from the Lord.

He says nothing out of pride here. He doesn't act as if "I know something you don't know." He doesn't conspire to start fear and panic. He just simply says to walk closely with God and plan ahead by saving food. How is that bad?

Kay Arthur also prophesied similar times about a year and one-half ago, at a large womens bible conference.

How does David Wilkerson bring attention to himself by sharing these words? No, he is giving attention to God and what God says. God cares about his people much more than sparrows, and He sees that His people are cared for.

David gives many scriptures at the end of his e-mail. And as others have said, Noah and Joseph prepared for the flood and the famine under God's direction. So why can we not hear God's direction from a pastor's heart who loves God and has the gift of prophecy?

No, we should not live in bondage to fear. At the same time, we should be able to humble ourselves and take instruction, while casting our cares upon Him

Prophets are often mocked. In this case, I think we should listen to David Wilkerson's words about his vision and what he heard from the Lord.

I agree that we should "despise not prophesyings", but at what point does a "prophet" fail the litmus test? Anyone the world over could say he was a prophet, but does that mean they are? Any of Wilkerson's prophesyings that have "come true" are so general that anyone could have foreseen them. (Like his prediction of homosexual clergy.) Such "prophesying" is more like prognostication.

He says nothing out of pride here. He doesn't act as if "I know something you don't know." He doesn't conspire to start fear and panic. He just simply says to walk closely with God and plan ahead by saving food. How is that bad?

I never said he was acting prideful, or necessarily trying to start fear and panic. Still, when a pastor calls attention to himself and asserts pandemonium is imminent AND THEN says to store up food... Does this speak of faith to you? Sounds way more like self-reliance to me. His message, if he believes what he says, ought to be, "REPENT!", not "Hole yourself up!"

Kay Arthur also prophesied similar times about a year and one-half ago, at a large womens bible conference.

How does David Wilkerson bring attention to himself by sharing these words? No, he is giving attention to God and what God says. God cares about his people much more than sparrows, and He sees that His people are cared for.

God does care. But you and I will die like everyone else. God cares for your spiritual salvation, because your fleshly death is inevitable. How is Wilkerson "giving attention to God"? Where's his witness to "be of good cheer; I have overcome the world?"

David gives many scriptures at the end of his e-mail. And as others have said, Noah and Joseph prepared for the flood and the famine under God's direction. So why can we not hear God's direction from a pastor's heart who loves God and has the gift of prophecy?

Giving any set of Scriptures does not prove anything. Christ Himself said that "MANY false prophets" would come in His name. Satan himself used Scipture to tempt Christ. Comparing Wilkerson to Joseph is quite a stretch, but Joseph truly had the gift of prophecy while the jury's still out on Wilkerson for a great many people. One who has a gift of prophecy will never be wrong prophetically unless he strays from God. Name a Biblical prophet that was ever wrong. Wilkerson has been.

No, we should not live in bondage to fear. At the same time, we should be able to humble ourselves and take instruction, while casting our cares upon Him

100% agreed here!

Thank you so much for your post! I want you to understand that this isn't an attack on you or your beliefs. I wanted only to clarify my point and hope that you see, at least, where I'm coming from (whether you agree or not). Keep seeking Him and Him alone and God bless you in your walk with our mutual Lord and Saviour, Jesus!

But when the spiritual advice he gives is "stock away tons of food", I don't see Jesus here.

Stocking away a couple of weeks worth of food is never a bad idea. We had a huge forest fire in our area of Canada in 1998. Our whole town was evacuated. People were throwing stuff in their cars and just driving away, not sure where to go. 25 years before the same mountain caught fire and it took weeks to get it under control (we had more fire fighters back in the 70's)

A friend at work just brought some government fliers in to work last week recommending how much food and water you should have for each person in case of natural disaster.

You don't always get time to grab your box of stuff during an emergency, but at least you have something to share with others if you do.

Mae

Anyways, this is a good opportunity for those who are not witnessing and preaching to others outside of our houses to start doing so. I don't recommend doing a "The World Will End Tomorrow" gig, but at the very least get out there and witness more, otherwise the Lord will hold us accountable for those whom we did not reach out to.

Amen to that!!