• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Daughter wonders about Death

My 6 year old has for some reason really been asking alot of questions about death. Her grandma Lily died when she was 3 years old and she only saw her a few times. I didn't think she would remember her but lately she's been writting letters to her and staring at her picture. It kinda scares me. She said the other day mom I don't want to die, she said I keep thinking about it. I tried to tell her that some day everyone will die and she flipped out saying I don't want to die. I want to go to Jesus but I don't want to die. Maybe I shouln't have said anything. Is there anything I can say to ease her mind or should I just shutup.

well..umm...
pray for her and give her in gods hands...let god take care of this...
i mean i dont think there is anything you can really do...let her write the letters
and let her look at the pic....mybe she needs that at the moment...but yeah
i dont know...i mean i can belive its scarry hearing from a 6year old that she doesnt want to die and that she asks alot of questions about death...but just trust god that he will
lead you through this and trust that he will show you what to do...

i hope i could kinda help you...
god bless
kara

Thanks Kara for your message, I guess I should kinda let it go in a way . I don't bring it up, I do try to answer her question's when she ask's something. I will keep praying for her and with her. Thanks again, Natashia

your welcome...
i hope it helps....keep praying ......
i´ll be praying for you and your daughter...

god bless
kara

You and your daughter will be in my prayers, i wouldn't worry too much, it'll be alright.
Stay Real
Jei
X

Natashia,
I just wanted to let you know I have a five year old daughter who asks the same questions. Now we have never had anyone in our family close to her die yet, but she still questions it and it scares her. It is an off and on thing of questioning. I have found the best thing that soothes her is to let her know that the body that is left behind is not ours anymore, we are not in it. God gives us a new body, a body like His that will never die. I know that sounds kinda' scary to tell a child, but it seems to have helped my daughter, Gloria. You know, even with children it seems the truth always works better, because I believe it is easier for them to understand and God will give them understanding into this. You know also I felt for you when you said your daughter flipped out, sometimes we as parents do not always have the right words and even when we do, you know the enemy will have us questioning ourselves. So just lift this situation up in prayer as you would any other. I will be praying for your daughter and you my sister, please keep my daughter in your prayers too. Love, your sister in Christ, Amber.

:star:

Its so common for young ones to be inquestive about death, good advice about giveing her to God. I know for myself when one of my daughters was six she lost her grandfather, she was not allowed to go the funeral because her grandmother thought that she was to young. It caused her allot of confusion. I was a young christian at that time but God started to show me how to handle the situation.
He said I should get her a animal it is a good way of teaching a child about life a death. It is hard for a young one to understand that we will all die eventually but as she gets older she will understand.

marieg

Natashia said:
My 6 year old has for some reason really been asking alot of questions about death. Her grandma Lily died when she was 3 years old and she only saw her a few times. I didn't think she would remember her but lately she's been writting letters to her and staring at her picture. It kinda scares me. She said the other day mom I don't want to die, she said I keep thinking about it. I tried to tell her that some day everyone will die and she flipped out saying I don't want to die. I want to go to Jesus but I don't want to die. Maybe I shouln't have said anything. Is there anything I can say to ease her mind or should I just shutup.

:love: Hi Natashia, What amberbeth04 said makes a lot of sence, too. I have often thought about death as a deep sleep that we are in. {Psalm 13:3}
Maybe if you sat down with her & explained to her that when we die, it's more of a deep, deep sleep that we are in until Jesus comes for us. Maybe then she wont be so afraid of death. Just a thought - I don't have children of my own, so I am not sure how to answer this question. But I did say a prayer to The Almighty GOD - and that was the thought that came to me.

Jonah 2005bt, a compliment for you. Having read your thread about Natashas problem, it just seemed to me that you expressed my thoughts entirely in that you have no children or have any SPECIFIC knowledge of the child. Just PRAYED for Natasha whose parental instincts will come to the fore. Natasha, with all the rest of your well wishers our thoughts are with you. All of us.

Dear Natasha, please, just take my sincerity as understood. Your second sentance should read. WHEN her grandma died, LILY my child was only 3 years old. Chin up, as an old one I can tell you that she is only a child, diversion to other thoughts might be an advantage. Just love her.

Thank you all for your support. Just recently my daughter asked me to come into her room, that she wanted to show me something. She said look what I made, I made a grave. She had laid out a rug put her grandma Lily's picture in the middle and drew picture's and put flowers all around. This was very disturbing to me. I was speechless, I didn't know how to respond. I just had to walk away. I love her very much. Is this becomig an obsession?

You should have told her ,right then?Grandma is with the LORD.Her body is returning to the dirt ,it came from.We are spirits.And our spirits go to await judgement,or go Too our city!

Because?she believes people stay in the ground now!Better to know the TRUTH,ALWAYS.if a person can recieve it?

My step-son was only 4 when his brother, my first born son died. So, his questions of death came much earlier. We placed him counseling because it was very difficult for all of us. What we explained to Brandon was that everyone does die when it is thier time and that God decides when it is time. We went on to tell him how the people that are still here on Earth are really sad because we miss the person who has died but the person who has died and has gone on Heaven (assuming they have been saved) are really happy because they are with Jesus and Heaven is such a wonderful place full of happiness. The counselor instructed us to never avoid the subject of death with Brandon if he brought it up, but to be careful not to bring it up to him because he will bring it up when he needs to. Brandon still to this day (he's 10 now) wants to release a balloon for his brother's birthday every year in his memory and he talks about the day that he will get to see his brother in Heaven and he knows that his brother is happy in Heaven and he isn't scared of death anymore because he knows there is life after for believers.

Last edited:
+I would explain ,the real person is the spirit and we are just in these bodys a short time at best!
And should ,do our best while here.It is a greatr gift to live and bless others in truth!