• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Dancing with Words

Staff Member
Just say a simple, 'Yes, I will,' or 'No, I won't.' Anything beyond this is from the evil one. Matthew 5:37

We’ve all been in situations where it’s easier not to tell the truth. We do it for a variety of what seem like good reasons—protecting ourselves or someone else, or maintaining someone’s high opinion of us—or sometimes, just because it’s easier. And while there are subtle shades of nuance in many situations, the bottom line question may very well be: Would my words have passed Jesus’ litmus test of intention?

For Jesus, it wasn’t enough to obey the Law externally; the motives and attitude of the heart were paramount. It was against Moses’ Law to cheat on your spouse, but Jesus said that if you only looked at a woman with lust, you were just as guilty in God’s eyes. God doesn’t want outward performance without internal obedience.

There used to be a saying that a man’s word was his bond. God even said He hates liars, but that He loves trustworthy people (Proverbs 12:22). Times have changed. Telling the truth these days often carries the consequences that lying used to, but God doesn’t change. He keeps His word, and He expects you to do the same. Don’t dance with words; tell the hard truth, and God will have your back.