• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Daily Bread (Ordinary People)

November 11, 2005

Ordinary People

Read:
Acts 4:1-21

When they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. —Acts 4:13

Bible In One Year: Acts 3-5

Bestselling novelist Arthur Hailey (1920-2004) once said of his characters, "I don't think I really invented anybody. I have drawn on real life." When readers open a book by the British author, they encounter ordinary people whom the writer has placed in extraordinary situations.

In Acts 4 we find ordinary people, including the fishermen Peter and John, whom God placed in unexpected situations as witnesses to the reality of the risen Christ. These men, who had fled when Jesus was arrested, were now boldly facing threats and punishment for telling others about Him.

Even the authorities who opposed these followers of Jesus were astonished "when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men . . . . And they realized that they had been with Jesus" (v.13).

Most of us are ordinary people in a real life of work, relationships, and everyday circumstances. Our opportunities to demonstrate the reality of Christ may sometimes come disguised as difficulties, as they did for the disciples in Acts.

As ordinary people, we can have an extraordinary impact for Christ if we will trust the Author of our circumstances and rely on the Holy Spirit's power. —David McCasland

Just what do Christians look like?
What sets their lives apart?
They're ordinary people
Who love God from the heart. —D. De Haan

God is looking for ordinary people to do extraordinary work.