• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Daily Bread (He Knows My Name)

He Knows My Name
READ: John 10:1-4

The sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. —John 10:3

When we attended a large church, we learned new things, joined a great small group, and enjoyed the worshipful music. But I didn’t realize for a long time that I missed something—the pastor had no idea who I was. Because of the thousands in attendance, I understood that it would be impossible for him to know each person by name.

Then, when we began attending a much smaller church, I received a handwritten welcome note from the pastor. After a few more weeks, Pastor Josh was calling me by name and chatting with me about my recent surgery. It felt good to be personally acknowledged.

All of us have a desire to be known—especially by God. A song by Tommy Walker, “He Knows My Name,” reminds us that God knows our every thought, sees each tear that falls, and hears us when we call. We read in the gospel of John, “The sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name . . . . I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep” (John 10:3,14).

For the One who made heaven and earth, knowing a few billion people is not a problem. God loves you immensely (John 3:16), He thinks about you all the time (Ps. 139:17-18), and He knows your name (John 10:3). —Cindy Hess Kasper

God knows each winding way I take,
And every sorrow, pain, and ache;
His children He will not forsake—
He knows and loves His own. —Bosch

No Christian is anonymous to God.

Ann

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

It is such a comforting message especially for people like me who thought for years that I am alone and nobody really knows me.

GOD KNOWS MY NAME - NOT JUST MY NAME HE KNOWS ME, EVEN BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF.

PRAISE TO GOD FOR HIS LOVE, CARE AND MERCY!

Blessings!