• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Correction.. in love

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Gal 6:1; Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.
Gal 6:2; Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
Gal 6:3; For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

It seems sometimes when people sin.. we beat them over the head with it. Ah ha! You dirty rotten sinner,
you are going straight to hell. Do not pass "go", do not collect $200.

It says here we are supposed to restore these people "with a spirit of gentleness".
It actually says we should bear one another burdens. (we fulfill the law of Christ when we do this).

=====================================================================

1 Cor 13:1; If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1 Cor 13:2; If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Sometimes there is a lot of wisdom in what we say. Some of us know the Bible really well.
We have the urge to share that wisdom and knowledge with others... ( hey, those idiots need to hear what I'm
saying ) Well, maybe it's possible they DO need to hear what you are saying. But are you saying it with love?
If you aren't... you're just a noisy gong.

I am sometimes amazed at how good some of us communicate through writing. I think some of us are even better than we realize at communicating our emotions in the words we use and the things we say.
If there is no love in your message... people know it. Suddenly what you have to say... is just noise.

======================================================================

2 Tim 2:23; But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
2 Tim 2:24; The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
2 Tim 2:25; with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
2 Tim 2:26; and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

We aren't supposed to be "quarrelsome" (argumentative). We are supposed to be kind.
We are supposed to correct "with gentleness". Maybe we need a reminder what gentleness is :smile:
We are supposed to be patient. (even when someone wrongs us)
It's possible we may even help someone "come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil".
But I wonder how many we will help without that gentle spirit of love? Maybe if we beat them
over the head enough times, they'll finally get it through their thick skulls!!
I wonder which one of you has the thickest skull? I've found my own skull can be pretty thick at
times. :smile:

Gal 6:1; Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.
Gal 6:2; Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
Gal 6:3; For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

It seems sometimes when people sin.. we beat them over the head with it. Ah ha! You dirty rotten sinner,
you are going straight to hell. Do not pass "go", do not collect $200.

It says here we are supposed to restore these people "with a spirit of gentleness".
It actually says we should bear one another burdens. (we fulfill the law of Christ when we do this).

=====================================================================

1 Cor 13:1; If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1 Cor 13:2; If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Sometimes there is a lot of wisdom in what we say. Some of us know the Bible really well.
We have the urge to share that wisdom and knowledge with others... ( hey, those idiots need to hear what I'm
saying ) Well, maybe it's possible they DO need to hear what you are saying. But are you saying it with love?
If you aren't... you're just a noisy gong.

I am sometimes amazed at how good some of us communicate through writing. I think some of us are even better than we realize at communicating our emotions in the words we use and the things we say.
If there is no love in your message... people know it. Suddenly what you have to say... is just noise.

======================================================================

2 Tim 2:23; But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
2 Tim 2:24; The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
2 Tim 2:25; with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
2 Tim 2:26; and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

We aren't supposed to be "quarrelsome" (argumentative). We are supposed to be kind.
We are supposed to correct "with gentleness". Maybe we need a reminder what gentleness is :smile:
We are supposed to be patient. (even when someone wrongs us)
It's possible we may even help someone "come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil".
But I wonder how many we will help without that gentle spirit of love? Maybe if we beat them
over the head enough times, they'll finally get it through their thick skulls!!
I wonder which one of you has the thickest skull? I've found my own skull can be pretty thick at
times. :smile:
I'm sure you can live that, because people don't respond well to bludgeoning Bible attacks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Jesus_is_LORD Bible Discussions 2
Chad Devotionals 0