• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

conversations with god

hi all,

has anyone read "Conversations With God"? I saw it at the bookstore today and it was really interesting. This guy could actually hear god's voice as clear as he could hear any person's voice. And he started writing down the conversation and sometimes he said god took over his pen and actually wrote things through him...WEIRD! is this a true story? could this happen?

How many of you actually hear God's voice crystal clear like that? Cna everyone?

Registered Member
Jesus loves you!

nicolek said:
hi all,

has anyone read "Conversations With God"? I saw it at the bookstore today and it was really interesting. This guy could actually hear god's voice as clear as he could hear any person's voice. And he started writing down the conversation and sometimes he said god took over his pen and actually wrote things through him...WEIRD! is this a true story? could this happen?

How many of you actually hear God's voice crystal clear like that? Cna everyone?

Hi, Nicolek!

Yes, I hear God's voice in my spirit "crystal clear."

I have not read the book in reference. It doesn't sound right. If you haven't heard from a Brother or Sister here at Talk Jesus that is familiar with the book, I will read it and then give you feedback.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
It sounds sort of far-fechted to me, but then again, God can do anything he pleases...it says in the Bible, though, that God speaks in whispers...but maybe this man really did hear him. I guess it could happen...it sounds like it could...possibly...I think I will look up the book and see if I can read it.

When a spirit takes over the pen I can assure you from much study that it is not God. That is a spirit. It is called automatic writing. Now you can decide if that is godly or not. We must grow in wisdom. There is much out there in the spiritual realm and not all of it is Our Holy God.

Again, when you hear a voice out loud that is an angel. Maybe from God and maybe not.

The HOly Spirit speaks to our spirit and illuminates our minds.

We must move in the spiritual realm with wisdom or we will reap much that is not of the Lord.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

shepherdsgrace said:
When a spirit takes over the pen I can assure you from much study that it is not God. That is a spirit. It is called automatic writing. Now you can decide if that is godly or not. We must grow in wisdom. There is much out there in the spiritual realm and not all of it is Our Holy God.

Again, when you hear a voice out loud that is an angel. Maybe from God and maybe not.

The HOly Spirit speaks to our spirit and illuminates our minds.

We must move in the spiritual realm with wisdom or we will reap much that is not of the Lord.

Hi, shepherdsgrace!

Yes, you are correct. We have a great deal of "Christian ease" in our language that we assume a nonbeliever understands.

I think that it is important that I relate to people searching for truth. Some people need me to understand where they are coming from, before they understand where I am coming from.

I try to explain by example.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

Hi, nicolek!

I read the author's (Neale Donald Walsch) biography. I don't believe that he knows Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord. Christians have a specific testimony of their relationship with Jesus Christ. I can't find his Christian testimony (born-again experience)?

Mr. Walsch appears to be a business man selling books about his experiences with "God."

I rarely read books about the Bible because I think it is important to read the Bible.

God did inspire men to write the Bible, and some of the books were inspired through supernatural events.

God does not speak to me that way.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
I am very happy to hear others speak of the new birth ,as this is where we styart our relationship in CHRIST JESUS .And the LORD speaks to all of us as well as demons .We hear then in our monds .But may have trouble knowing one from the other .As every thought entering your mind is not yours .But I have found ,walking in our spirits .causes us to hear the LORD clear .
I also have found ?If we fast 3 full days water only and prayer abd reading the bible .We will be in our spirit .As this is the real us .Because GOD is FATHER of spirits .

Registered Member
Jesus loves you!

nicolek said:
sorry...what???

Hi, Nicolek!

Do you have a question?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
I didnt understand what the last post meant? You fast and then you hear god??? and god speaks as well as demons?

Hi there,

Fasting opens us to the spiritual realm in a deeper way. And the spiritual realm includes the demonic and the HOly. That is why we must use wisdom and use the Bible as our guide. We are told to discern the spirits. In fact we must discern the spirits or we will be making some wrong decisions.

fasting

So you generally think fasting is good then? I have heard that before that fasting brings people closer to god or something like that...but if it was me i would automatically think that I was delusional because I was so hungry. I wonder how people distinguish between being hungry and imagining things, or really hearing his voice...anyhow its interesting anyways :)

Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek said:
So you generally think fasting is good then? I have heard that before that fasting brings people closer to god or something like that...but if it was me i would automatically think that I was delusional because I was so hungry. I wonder how people distinguish between being hungry and imagining things, or really hearing his voice...anyhow its interesting anyways :)

Hi, nicolek!

This is a very good question.

Please remember it is important that you do not drink caffeine when you fast.

I have fasted, with water, for the duration of three days. I was not delusional at any point of the fast. I did experience spiritual warfare during the fast. I know the voice of the Lord, and I know the presence of Satan.

My husband has fasted without water or food for two days. It is very difficult to fast without water.

I know a Sister in the Lord who fasts for health reasons. She has fasted for weeks at at time. (This is very different from fasting to seek the Lord.) You need to flush your colon when fasting for this length of time. She was never delusional.

Yes, I think it is good to fast.

We are hungry and/or thirsty during the fast.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus loves you.

nicolek said:
So why does fasting make god come to you?

Hi, nicolek!

It is for my benefit. I need to listen to the Lord very carefully. When I fast, I am seeking Him for wisdom about a serious matter. I want to hear His voice clearly. I focus only on Him.

Fasting will bring me closer to Him, rather than, to "make God come to me."

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

spirit1st said:
I also have found ?If we fast 3 full days water only and prayer abd reading the bible .We will be in our spirit .As this is the real us .Because GOD is FATHER of spirits .

Hi, spirit1st!

I have also found this to be true. It can be difficult to explain our spiritual experiences of fasting.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Tollo_Eruanna said:
it says in the Bible, though, that God speaks in whispers...

Hi, Tollo_Eruanna!

This is my experience.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylva"

Every one on earth gets thoughts that enter there minds,Now The LORD puts thoughts in our mind ,as well as demons
You know your thinking of something ,then a thought enters your mind,it may not have anything to do with what you were thinking of ?or it may .This is not your thought ,it is either from the HOLY SPIRIT or a demon .

As far as fasting ,The LORD said we would ,I have found ?If we fast 3 full days ,We will be walking or our spirit will be in control .The inner man .
But it takes about 3 days without food ,just water ,the bible and praying .If we are the LORDS .We will hear HIm clearly .
Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Mat 9:15 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
So HE SAYS WE WILL FAST !

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You see ?we are 3 parts ,when reading GODS LIVING WORD ?We must think ?Which part of me ,is this speaking of ?As some scriptures appear not to line up with others ?

Like this :1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Many are like this .Because one speaks of the flesh
The other speaks of the spirit

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

We can not control our evil flesh ,without having our spirit in control .
the flesh can not help its self .it must sin ,if left in charge?
But our new spirit will never sin ,nor can it .You see it is created by GOD .
kept by the BLOOD OF OUR LORD FOREVER MORE .
it is not of this world ,it is of NEW JERUSALEM ,our city ,made just for us .
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. :love:

The 1st day of fasting is nothing,the 2nd day satan will come hard againth you ,and try everything to get you too stop .the 3rd day ,is no problem .you start walking in the spirit and should be able to hear the LORD clear .But you should drink water .We MUST fast for the right reasons?So we can walk in our spirit and become more like our LORd ,in our minds .Because we can only be born again once in a life time .FASTING can be the greatest time of your life .You can ask HIM anything and see miracles also .I have had some very great experiances .But HE is no repecter of persons .He will reveal as much and maybe more .depending on what we accept ?as the HOLY SPIRIT reveals all we can accept .and some grow fastrer than others .I think I was a slow grower . :love:

Every one on earths gets thoughts that are not there.
GOD puts thoughts in our minds ,But many may not hear HIm .But fasting causes the inner man ,to be able to hear .Because then we walk in our spirits ,which is the inner man or new creature .
We are spirits 1st .Everything takes place in our spirits 1st ,then we see the results in our flesh and or lifes . :love: