• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Contrary to a small fraction, the devil and God are not buddy buddy.....

Out of respect for someone, I created this thread so that they do not have to feel the need to speak with me. They have expressed a sincere desire for me to stop.

The problem: They believe that, and I quote: "The Devil is not GOD’S enemy".

Now to this moment, they have not provided any evidence to their position. They have personally attacked me, deflected from my evidence provided, and made strawman points.

My evidence is clear, precise, and straight from scripture. And there is no confusing this.

Scripture provides numerous examples of ways in which Satan opposes the presence and purposes of God in his world.

Satan and God’s people
Satan opposes believers
1Ch 21:1 See also Job 2:1-7; Zec 3:1-2; 1Th 2:18

Satan accuses believers Rev 12:10 See also Job 1:8-11; Zec 3:1-2

Satan slanders believers 1Ti 5:14

Satan tests believers and causes their suffering Rev 2:10 See also Eph 6:11-13,16

Satan opposes the work of the archangel Michael Jude 9 The implication of these verses is that Michael’s work is in direct opposition to that of Satan. Michael is the protector of God’s people while Satan is their opponent: Da 10:13,21; Da 12:1; Rev 12:7

Satan opposes God
Satan opposes God’s purposes
Mt 16:23 pp Mk 8:33

Satan opposes God’s word See also Mt 13:3-19 pp Mk 4:3-16 pp Lk 8:4-12 the parable of the sower; Mt 13:24-39 the parable of the weeds and its explanation; Ac 13:8-10 Elymas, the sorcerer, acts on Satan’s behalf to oppose Barnabas and Paul.

Satan opposes God’s righteousness 1Jn 3:7-10

Satan blasphemes God Rev 13:6

Satan’s opposition to God’s work will not succeed
Zec 3:2 God rebukes him; Lk 10:19 His reign is temporary.

Satan’s role as adversary earns him varied titles
The devil
He is the adversary because he deceives: Rev 12:9; Rev 20:2-3

Belial He is the adversary because he is the troublemaker or scoundrel (the same Hebrew word is used in the OT passages as in 2Co 6:15 to describe Satan’s work): Dt 13:13; 1Ki 21:10; Pr 6:12; 2Co 6:15

The dragon He is the adversary because he is the enemy: Rev 12:4,13-14

The serpent He is the adversary because he thwarts spiritual insight: Ge 3:1-5,13; 2Co 11:3

The prince of this world He is the adversary because his rule is temporary, not absolute: Jn 12:31; Jn 14:30; Jn 16:11

The angel of the Abyss Rev 9:11 He is the adversary because he is the destroyer.

4121 Satan, as the enemy of God - Dictionary of Bible Themes - Bible Gateway

www.biblegateway.com

I am willing to look at the opposite position, so long as they provide the evidence to there position and we can hash it out from there.

More information in the stance that the devil is at war with God and believers. God and satan are not buddies.

Active
Samson2020 said:
Job 1:7 "And the Lord said unto Satan, whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8- And the Lord said unto Satan, hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is non like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9- Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, doth Job fear God for nought?

10- Hast thou not made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11-But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12-And the Lord said unto Satan, behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord."

Sounds like Satan was given a job to do by God with one stipulation???? Which we know that it was for the benefit of Job in the end as an answer to Jobs prayer.

John 13:27 " And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him. That thou doest do quickly." Did Jesus know Satan was in Judas? I think so. So who was Jesus talking too? Judas or Satan? If it was Satan then Jesus was giving him an order in this case to carry out his own betrayal. Which eventually was for our good.

Obviously i'm in the camp that says the toaster is not at war with the one who made it.

If he really was at war with God why doesn't God just destroy him? But rather allows Satan to tempt his only begotten Son. And eventually locks him up for 1000 years during the Kingdom reign then lets him out to deceive the nations again. Sounds like he has a purpose in Gods PLAN.
Acts quotes are true with one little exception. Satan is OUR enemy according to the purposes of God to provide an ADVERSARY for US to overcome. He cannot deceive God nor can he tempt God but US he can do both. Through false doctrine, physical temptations, temporal temptations. His main 3 temptations are for provision, protection, and possessions. These 3 things are what he tried to use on Jesus and he does the same to us. And technically he is to keep out those whom are not the elect from seeing or hearing the truth for now. And we might add that he is allowed to use our self preservation and fear of death to pull us away from being obedient or faithful to God thus testing us. Rev 2:10 "The devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation for 10 days, be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." an overcomer command.

As was shown above Satan was given a Job with 1 stipulation. He had to mind it and he did. Thus we see who is in charge of who.
A good Father that wants his children to grow up strong and wise provides exercises for his children. In our case SPIRITUAL. Thus the need for the deceiver and adversary whom God made.

Acts quotes are true with one little exception. Satan is OUR enemy according to the purposes of God to provide an ADVERSARY for US to overcome. He cannot deceive God nor can he tempt God but US he can do both.

Thank you for your input. Though, and correct me if I am wrong, I believe you are still advertising that God and satan are not at war just as the other person's idea in which I mentioned in the OP.

The information I provided states that satan is our enemy. So I dont know what "little exception" you refer. In that information provided, I also proved that satan is God's enemy too. All one needs to do is read the scripture provided and it is evident. I could also supply scripture in which states all the things God despises and will one day end it all. If that is not at war, then I would like to know how it isn't.

Satan is OUR enemy according to the purposes of God to provide an ADVERSARY for US to overcome.

God never created evil. As far as man goes, sin entered the world by Adam. Nowhere is scripture does it say God made satan to harass Adam so that sin can enter the world and satan can harass all. Everything God made was good. I call Genesis 1 for this proof. So I cannot agree to the fact that satan was created to "provide and adversary for us".

Job 1:7 "And the Lord said unto Satan, whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8- And the Lord said unto Satan, hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is non like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9- Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, doth Job fear God for nought?

10- Hast thou not made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11-But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12-And the Lord said unto Satan, behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord."

I do applaud the fact you bring fourth a defense other than just opinion. That was all I asked from the other person. Though I cannot agree that this proves God created satan for the purpose that he would be only our enemy and so that we have an adversary to overcome.

Just because God is talking with satan here, doesnt mean they are buddy buddy and not at war. God despises evil and will one day finish it all off. Satan does evil. God has had the angels fight satan and his minions, Jesus and the apostles have cast out demons, God has repeatedly destroyed evil over and over in the OT accounts (ie fighting over the body of Moses/ rebelling against God).

All I see in Job, is that God allowed satan powers or certain powers to prove Job. And boy what an example we have too with Job. Not that they are friends and not "at war". If I dare say, and for a lack of a better word currently, "bragging rights"...

And the Lord said unto Satan, hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is non like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

That was my only point really that I was trying to make, was that God and satan are at war. They are not friends or buddies. They are not neutral. They are at war.

The points I bring up:
1- I agree God gives/allows certain powers to satan. However it is only for a time until Jesus's death burial and resurrection (see Genesis 3:15) and the establishment of Christs kingdom and completion of the bible (a whole separate topic to get into so I do not wish to do that in this thread).

2- I agree he is our enemy

3- My main point, because he is God's enemy, he is also our enemy (Christians), but rest assured he is Gods enemy. (See main post scripture and information in second post)

Thank you Samson for providing information.

Active
1- I agree God gives/allows certain powers to satan. However it is only for a time until Jesus's death burial and resurrection (see Genesis 3:15) and the establishment of Christs kingdom and completion of the bible (a whole separate topic to get into so I do not wish to do that in this thread).

If you agree that God gives power to Satan how can you say that God is not in charge of him?
God never created evil.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and create darkness: I make peace and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things."
Isaiah 54:16 "Behold I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument FOR HIS WORK, and I have CREATED THE WASTER TO DESTROY."

I would ask you this at this point. Who put the tree of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL in the garden of Eden? And where does that knowledge of both good and evil come from?

Nice to have a conversation that doesn't involve yelling with punctuation!!

If you agree that God gives power to Satan how can you say that God is not in charge of him?

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and create darkness: I make peace and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things."
Isaiah 54:16 "Behold I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument FOR HIS WORK, and I have CREATED THE WASTER TO DESTROY."

I would ask you this at this point. Who put the tree of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL in the garden of Eden? And where does that knowledge of both good and evil come from?

I never said God is not in charge of satan. I said satan and God are at war, they are not buddies, they are not neutral to each other.

This gentleman probably explains it best when he states such about Isaiah 45

More info on God giving satan power, etc

I hope this answers your questions. And yes, yelling just causes troubles. Though, I dont think I would have that problem with you. In all your past comments with me, I dont think you have ever come across like that. Thank you.

Active
I never said God is not in charge of satan. I said satan and God are at war, they are not buddies, they are not neutral to each other.

Wait a minute please my questions were to you. So you started the thread so lets you and I continue without outside interference I don't appreciate being tossed aside and given some link to watch. It's your turn to defend your position, not somebody else's to defend. This is all good stuff to any who read so please let US continue. MY questions are not for me they are for you for I already know the answers. And no I'm not trying to be more holy or wise than any one else just want us to work to a conclusion.

In your above comment you say "I never said God is not in charge of Satan. But you did say they are at war." How can that be if God is in charge of Satan according to you?
As that is a contradiction.
Satan was created by God and for God as God has created nothing that does not have a purpose in his PLAN. AKA WILL.

I gave you scripture showing that God has CREATED the WASTER TO DESTROY. Is this not Satan? And who created him? God. Why? It was in my opening statement.

And again I ask you who put the tree of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL in the garden of Eden? And where did that knowledge come from? Hint GENESIS 3:22

Satan is against all things God is for. He is the adversary.
Satan is NOT on God's level. He CANNOT supersede Gods power and authority. (see Job)
God allows satan to exist and operate (until He is won't. see Rev)

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness;
I make well-being and create calamity;
I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Genesis 1:3
And God separated the light from the darkness.
God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Isaiah 54:16
Behold, I have created the smith
who blows the fire of coals
and produces a weapon for its purpose.
I have also created the ravager to destroy;
no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed,
and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord
and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.”

"Ravager is also translated Army in many Bibles"
and how does he create them by bringing a nation and people together
some to discipline and serve his purpose. How many times were the Jews
defeated by armies and for what reason? And yet at other times God used
invading armies to destroy
each other. You are wandering way away from
the Bible and its meaning.

It does not say EVIL, Calamity can mean a lack of rain such as drought, invading armies because of Israel's disobedience and hard heart. but it does not imply evil
in either case. God is uniquely qualified to judge man and the angels of heaven he brings who he chooses to power and he uses them to discipline as he sees fit.
Man and Angels have free will they choose the path they take good or evil an God uses them to his purpose. As for the Tree of knowledge man was perfect as was
woman but they had free will there was NO sin at that point for man or woman except one "Disobey God" by eating of the tree of knowledge. Satan already had the knowledge
of good or evil so his choice was willful to bring about the fall of man. He deceived Eve to bring about the knowledge of sin. Without knowledge there can be no sin.
And that knowledge is planted in our hearts. So on judgement day we will have no excuse.

Satan
adversary; accuser. When used as a proper name, the Hebrew word so rendered has the article "the adversary" (Job 1:6 12; 2:17). In the New Testament it is used as interchangeable with Diabolos, or the devil, and is so used more than thirty times.
He is also called "the dragon," "the old serpent" (Rev 12:9 20:2; "the prince of this world" (John 12:31; 14:30); "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph 2:2; "the god of this world" (2 Cor 4:4; "the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Eph 2:2. The distinct personality of Satan and his activity among men are thus obviously recognized. He tempted our Lord in the wilderness (Matt 4:1 11). He is "Beelzebub, the prince of the devils" Matt 12:24). He is "the constant enemy of God, of Christ, of the divine kingdom, of the followers of Christ, and of all truth; full of falsehood and all malice, and exciting and seducing to evil in every possible way." His power is very great in the world. He is a "roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Pet 5:8. Men are said to be "taken captive by him" (2 Tim 2:26). Christians are warned against his "devices" (2 Cor 2:11), and called on to "resist" him (James 4:7. Christ redeems his people from "him that had the power of death, that is, the devil" (Heb 2:14). Satan has the "power of death," not as lord, but simply as executioner.

Wait a minute please my questions were to you. So you started the thread so lets you and I continue without outside interference I don't appreciate being tossed aside and given some link to watch. It's your turn to defend your position, not somebody else's to defend. This is all good stuff to any who read so please let US continue. MY questions are not for me they are for you for I already know the answers. And no I'm not trying to be more holy or wise than any one else just want us to work to a conclusion.

In your above comment you say "I never said God is not in charge of Satan. But you did say they are at war." How can that be if God is in charge of Satan according to you?
As that is a contradiction.
Satan was created by God and for God as God has created nothing that does not have a purpose in his PLAN. AKA WILL.

I gave you scripture showing that God has CREATED the WASTER TO DESTROY. Is this not Satan? And who created him? God. Why? It was in my opening statement.

And again I ask you who put the tree of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL in the garden of Eden? And where did that knowledge come from? Hint GENESIS 3:22

I did not wish to make you feel this way. I placed those links because they are not only the view I hold exactly, but they also contain scripture that I would use also. No disrespect intended.

Yes, God can still be in charge, yet satan and God be at war. The biggest and most obvious example is the people of this world sinning against God everyday and even mocking him openly and blaspheming him.

Is God still in charge of them? And does God not despise what they do?

Proverbs 6
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

See, I didnt really want to mention this because it will be a whole new topic to discuss, but this is the part where one is going to have to realize that God granted everyone with the gift of "Free will/Free choice". One chooses to obey, or they decided not to.

Satan, he chose not to. Many worldly people, they decide not to. So, because everyone, even angels, get to decide, God can STILL be the one in charge, yet also be at war with those who decide to pick evil.

Besides, the question you pose, in the end, is all moot when faced with the reality of the verses provided in the OP. Which is the whole point. It clearly shows God and satan are not buddy buddy. They are at war.

The goal of this war? To claim as many souls as possible. The devil knows he will lose, but he is going to do as much damage as he can.
Scripture provides numerous examples of ways in which Satan opposes the presence and purposes of God in his world.

Satan and God’s people
Satan opposes believers
1Ch 21:1 See also Job 2:1-7; Zec 3:1-2; 1Th 2:18

Satan accuses believers Rev 12:10 See also Job 1:8-11; Zec 3:1-2

Satan slanders believers 1Ti 5:14

Satan tests believers and causes their suffering Rev 2:10 See also Eph 6:11-13,16

Satan opposes the work of the archangel Michael Jude 9 The implication of these verses is that Michael’s work is in direct opposition to that of Satan. Michael is the protector of God’s people while Satan is their opponent: Da 10:13,21; Da 12:1; Rev 12:7

Satan opposes God
Satan opposes God’s purposes
Mt 16:23 pp Mk 8:33

Satan opposes God’s word See also Mt 13:3-19 pp Mk 4:3-16 pp Lk 8:4-12 the parable of the sower; Mt 13:24-39 the parable of the weeds and its explanation; Ac 13:8-10 Elymas, the sorcerer, acts on Satan’s behalf to oppose Barnabas and Paul.

Satan opposes God’s righteousness 1Jn 3:7-10

Satan blasphemes God Rev 13:6

Satan’s opposition to God’s work will not succeed
Zec 3:2 God rebukes him; Lk 10:19 His reign is temporary.

Satan’s role as adversary earns him varied titles
The devil
He is the adversary because he deceives: Rev 12:9; Rev 20:2-3

Belial He is the adversary because he is the troublemaker or scoundrel (the same Hebrew word is used in the OT passages as in 2Co 6:15 to describe Satan’s work): Dt 13:13; 1Ki 21:10; Pr 6:12; 2Co 6:15

The dragon He is the adversary because he is the enemy: Rev 12:4,13-14

The serpent He is the adversary because he thwarts spiritual insight: Ge 3:1-5,13; 2Co 11:3

The prince of this world He is the adversary because his rule is temporary, not absolute: Jn 12:31; Jn 14:30; Jn 16:11

The angel of the Abyss Rev 9:11 He is the adversary because he is the destroyer.

4121 Satan, as the enemy of God - Dictionary of Bible Themes - Bible Gateway

www.biblegateway.com

Revelation 12:7

Conclusion:
Satan is at war with God; they are not buddy buddy.

Loyal
The Lord God in his sovereignty is "allowing" (not causing or commissioning) evil to exist in this world until the time appointed of the Father at which time all the wicked will be cast into the lake of fire.

Active
Is God still in charge of them? And does God not despise what they do?

Who is the potter that made the vessels to be dishonorable? The thing you miss is that without sin you could not forgive it; therefore you could not become more like your
Father which is in heaven. Sin has a purpose in perfecting you through the things that you suffer. Evil has a purpose or it would not exist. So if you want to say Satan is at war with a sovereign God that created him I don't really care. All I'm concerned with is what James tells us "resist the devil and he will flee." And if he will flee from me??????
What would that say about he and our Father?

To anybody:
And again I ask you who put the tree of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL in the garden of Eden? And where did that knowledge come from? Hint GENESIS 2:9, 3:22

Gen 2:9 " And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight; and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden,
and the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL."

The translation of Genesis 2:9 says good and evil no matter which translation you use. So in making it sound better by using calamity In Isaiah 45:7 I think that particular translation is weak. As all translations give the Father the credit for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden. And if you will read 3:22 you just might see why.

My Bible, KJV, says that ALL things were created by him. So if it exists it was created by him and for him. You just have to see for what purpose he created it.

The thing you miss is that without sin you could not forgive it; therefore you could not become more like your
Father which is in heaven. Sin has a purpose in perfecting you through the things that you suffer.

I really cannot agree with this. You are basically stating that to be perfect we should sin. I do not see that at all in scripture.

So if you want to say Satan is at war with a sovereign God that created him I don't really care.

But this is my threads whole point. So why are you opposing me on this? I have laid out the scripture, and it is clear, that satan and God are at war. That was the whole point. The other thread I am referring to, the poster tried to say otherwise contrary to the scripture I laid out. He could not defend against it and so turned to insulting and belittling me.

All I'm concerned with is what James tells us "resist the devil and he will flee." And if he will flee from me??????

What would that about the devil and God?

It tells me that God opposes what satan does and that God has given us His word in which we can study, so that we can be better Christians and be better armed to not fall victim to sin.

To anybody:
And again I ask you who put the tree of the KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL in the garden of Eden? And where did that knowledge come from? Hint GENESIS 2:9, 3:22

Gen 2:9 " And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight; and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden,

The translation of Genesis 2:9 says good and evil no matter which translation you use. So in making it sound better by using calamity In Isaiah 45:7 I think that particular translation is weak. As all translations give the Father the credit for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden. And if you will read 3:22 you just might see why.

My Bible, KJV, says that ALL things were created by him. So if it exists it was created by him and for him. You just have to see for what purpose he created it.

Flawed theory.

God created all things for good, yet if one wishes to, they can pervert it and make it for evil.

Did God make it for evil? No. The person who perverted it for evil did. In all of Genesis 1, after creating everything, it says "and the Lord saw it was good".

God despises evil and does not do this. He created all for good, it was the actions of others that perverted the things created. Also, the lack of obedience, which is a free choice, to disobey a command not to eat the fruit.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

God isnt included in here. Just a human being.

Who is the potter that made the vessels to be dishonorable? The thing you miss is that without sin you could not forgive it; therefore you could not become more like your
Father which is in heaven. Sin has a purpose in perfecting you through the things that you suffer. Evil has a purpose or it would not exist. So if you want to say Satan is at war with a sovereign God that created him I don't really care. All I'm concerned with is what James tells us "resist the devil and he will flee." And if he will flee from me??????

To anybody:

This mostly seems to me an issue for another thread/topic. My thread is based on "God and satan are at war" to which you said you didnt care for this issue.

Active
I apologize for even bringing it up. Your mind was made up as you posted the thread. And it is apparent that the sovereignty of God has not been shown to you yet.
And you will continue to believe what you do now. Until that sovereignty be revealed.
Just know that your belief on this issue reduces your Father to one who is not in complete control of everything he created. Pity your perception of God being so weak that he cannot control one little devil, but yet in Revelation we see one little angel chain that devil up and lock him away for 1000 years. I guess that angel is greater than God to you?

Just know that your belief on this issue reduces your Father to one who is not in complete control of everything he created. Pity your perception of God being so weak that he cannot control one little devil, but yet in Revelation we see one little angel chain that devil up and lock him away for 1000 years. I guess that angel is greater than God to you?

First, I think you are misunderstanding me somewhere. I never reduced God's power. You will have to quote me where I did.

Second, this whole thread is about God and satan being at war. It has nothing to do with reducing Gods power. You are getting into things that are a separate topic other than the one I am discussing here. You yourself even stated you didnt care about that main point and continued to discuss something I was not talking about [see your qoute]

So if you want to say Satan is at war with a sovereign God that created him I don't really care. All I'm concerned with...

You have not refuted the verses in my OP. However, you are possibly deflecting from that? I dont know, I can only assume until corrected. You are talking about a different subject I do not intend to elaborate here on this thread.

Create another thread and I will be happy to discuss that.

I apologize for even bringing it up. Your mind was made up as you posted the thread. And it is apparent that the sovereignty of God has not been shown to you yet.

I would think with the title of my thread and my OP claim, it would be pretty evident I am set in stone. However, I made no mentions about the "sovereignty of God in my main OP point"

Friend, my thread is not about that, my thread is simply about God being at war with satan.

I gave you and everyone the scripture that proves it, and to this moment none have refuted that scripture. All they have brought is opinions, insults, and strawman points.

Sorry that we are not on the same page, but you did come here to this thread, I would hope that you can discuss the threads talking point, not some other talking point that is off topic and frankly, not relevant to this situation.

Active
I will only say this then let it go.

Satan may be at war with God in his own mind. But God is not at war with him.
It's kinda like a mouse being at war with an elephant, mouse has no chance. But it doesn't stop the mouse from trying if he is a deranged mouse.

Have a great and wonderful day.:cool:
As was shown above Satan was given a Job with 1 stipulation. He had to mind it and he did. Thus we see who is in charge of who.
A good Father that wants his children to grow up strong and wise provides exercises for his children. In our case SPIRITUAL. Thus the need for the deceiver and adversary whom God made for our perfecting.

Above is from explanation of excerpt from God and Satans conversation concerning Job.

In all of your opening statements you agree with the fact that Satan opposes Gods people. I agree as well but that does not mean he is at war with God as he is a
defeated enemy as Jesus Christ took back all authority and power in heaven and earth when he offered up his sinless self and died on the cross and made an open show of Satan. We are to do the same, have nothing to do with his advancements, deceptions, temptations etc...as those of us born of God overcome the world and Satan is the Prince
of this world. If he were not allowed this position what would you have to overcome? And if nothing then how could you obtain the rewards that an overcomer is to receive?
It all fits if you can see him as a negative resistance spiritual trainer. Best analogy I have.

Satan may be at war with God in his own mind. But God is not at war with him.

The saying "it takes two to tango" applies. If you build a robot with AI and have complete power over it with a remote control device that can instantly shut it down for good. It learns and obeys your commands. Then one day it becomes disobedient. Eventually there comes a time where it outright trespasses against your every command even to the point of physical violence.

That is war declared. You may not have wanted the war, the war is pointless in your eyes as you can instantly shut it down at your whim. It is still a war. A conflict of your very creation opposing you, your word, and all your other subjects and creations.

So, yes, both God and satan are at war. God has absolute authority and control. He has all power, yet satan is still going to wage his conflict. A war against God, His word, and his very subjects and creations.

In a war, there is one side against another. A war takes at least two opposing parties. Even if one can utterly dominate the other, it is still a war between the two.

Thus, once again, I would refer anyone to the OP of this thread, of which no one has yet to refute.

I thank you for the thoughts you place here. And I do also bid you a very wonderful day. My very best regards to you.

Active
Then one day it becomes disobedient. Eventually there comes a time where it outright trespasses against your every command even to the point of physical violence.

Might you show us a time when Satan refused a direct command of God? Seeing as how he obeyed Gods command to not touch Job himself.
. God has absolute authority and control. He has all power, yet satan is still going to wage his conflict. A war against God, His word, and his very subjects and creations.

Ok then where in this statement is God obliged to FIGHT BACK?
You may not have wanted the war, the war is pointless in your eyes as you can instantly shut it down at your whim.

You said it better than I. If it really is a war why does God not shut it down right now?

If it really is a war why does God not shut it down right now?

2 Peter 3:9 could be one reason.

Ok then where in this statement is God obliged to FIGHT BACK?

One time is Revelation 12:7. It literally says a war started.

Might you show us a time when Satan refused a direct command of God? Seeing as how he obeyed Gods command to not touch Job himself.

One of satans most telling traits in the bible is lying. One of those things that I placed forth scripture about God hating. God commands us not to lie, yet we do. Even if God is allowing things (permitting them to happen) satan still has done things against God. See the OP verses.