• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Confident Requests

Staff Member
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. 1 John 5:14-15

Jesus once told His followers, "I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" (John 14:13-14 NIV).

That's an amazing promise. However, it's important to understand that it's like most promises in the Bible in that it's conditional. You see, God isn't some kind of heavenly genie, just waiting on people and granting them whatever they wish for. No, when you ask God for something, you can expect Him to do it for you, but only if that something is in line with His will.

When you know that what you're praying for in Jesus' name is God's will for you, you can approach Him and ask Him for it with confidence, knowing that He wants to do it for you. But how can you know what His will is? By asking Him and going to His written Word to find out.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for giving me Your Word so that I can pray according to Your will.