• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Confessions of a Christian

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Confessions of a Christian

I was raised in the Catholic Church, but got saved in Assemblies of God Church!!! I did not become a member of this Church denomination as I only went there one time to get saved.
I thought to my self why go again? Can a man get saved more than once? This was more than 40 years ago, and one of the first things I heard from other believers was God said this, or that to them. I thought, wow, I have never heard the Lord say anything unto me, what's the deal, am I broken or what!!!

I asked those who heard from God, and they said when you pray you have to give God time to respond back to you. So, every time I prayed I would ask the Lord something, and then I would wait to hear from him back. Guess what? I never heard a peep from the lord.

Then I learned something very important that hast to do with prayer.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and PRAY ALWAYS, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Eph 6:18 PRAYING ALWAYS WITH ALL PRAYER and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Prayer is NOT something you start, and then after so many minutes you stop, it is something you start, doing and NEVER stop doing!!!! I learned the secret to hearing God's voice. The Lord is never in a hurry to respond back to us, but we are always in a hurry to hear back from him.

Pro 29:20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

The Lord takes all time he wants in responding back to man, so if I want hear back from him, I must be listening ALL the time, or I will miss what he says. This listening only happens when a man is always in prayer!!! Prayer is NOT just talking to God, it is also listening for his response back.

Moral of the story is, if we only set aside 15 minutes in the morning, and 15 minutes at night to pray we are going to mess a lot of good stuff from God. The Lord knows when he has our attention, and if our attention is not set on him all the time we wont hear a peep from him until we do.
:smile: