• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I have been shocked by the realization that compromise is not a good thing even though that is what I have been told since childhood. Any thoughts would be appreciated and received with a humble heart yearning to understand in Christ's ways better through perspectives from his other Children. Here is what I believe.
In reality we are told by the world to compromise so everyone gets something and noone "loses". But if something is righteous, then by compromising it can only benefit that which is unrighteous, it takes away from the "right" and gives to the wrong. I feel like pride plays a strong role in this deception. Critics may say it is pride or ego that says we should not compromise or that tells us we can't be wrong, but my only pride is in God and He literally cannot be wrong or mislead. Are we supposed to give up our values and beliefs ever so slightly so the World can be more comfortable and prosper? How can we be expected to alter a single letter of God's will in his written Word? I can't because God is right 100% and to take anything away or adding anything other than what the Almighty dictates, instantly perverts the truth and says God was incorrect. I understand many matters in the World need consideration and compromise but not matters of the Heavens. Any wisdom or guidance in the area of prospering as a lover of holiness amidst overwhelming opposition against righteousness is appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. Praise God, our refuge, our strength, our great love! Amen

Active

RJ

I have been shocked by the realization that compromise is not a good thing even though that is what I have been told since childhood. Any thoughts would be appreciated and received with a humble heart yearning to understand in Christ's ways better through perspectives from his other Children. Here is what I believe.
In reality we are told by the world to compromise so everyone gets something and noone "loses". But if something is righteous, then by compromising it can only benefit that which is unrighteous, it takes away from the "right" and gives to the wrong. I feel like pride plays a strong role in this deception. Critics may say it is pride or ego that says we should not compromise or that tells us we can't be wrong, but my only pride is in God and He literally cannot be wrong or mislead. Are we supposed to give up our values and beliefs ever so slightly so the World can be more comfortable and prosper? How can we be expected to alter a single letter of God's will in his written Word? I can't because God is right 100% and to take anything away or adding anything other than what the Almighty dictates, instantly perverts the truth and says God was incorrect. I understand many matters in the World need consideration and compromise but not matters of the Heavens. Any wisdom or guidance in the area of prospering as a lover of holiness amidst overwhelming opposition against righteousness is appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. Praise God, our refuge, our strength, our great love! Amen
"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to God what belongs to God"!

Lol perfect in its simplicity, thank you I must admit that I hadn't looked past the monetary aspect of that verse to see other Worldly applications. I love this site and all of you, God bless everyone.

Active

RJ

Lol perfect in its simplicity, thank you I must admit that I hadn't looked past the monetary aspect of that verse to see other Worldly applications. I love this site and all of you, God bless everyone.
"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to God what belongs to God"!
My dear brother, the words above go much deeper than just a Roman coin and paying tribute to Caesar. God puts allows Secular Rulers to be in charge so, when referring to your comment on compromise, obey secular laws as much as possible, but never compromise the laws of God!

Active
Matthew 6
24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
To compromise against Christ is the ultimate no no. If anything takes precedence in our life over Christ, it is absolute compromise and must needs be dealt with.

Blessings,

Travis

Active
One motto I live by is "No Compromise". It is the title of an album by the late Keith Green, and back in the eighties I was a big admirer of him---still am. His words in that album, coupled with the highly anointed artist's rendering here concerning no compromise is what has influenced me more than anything:

I think the picture speaks for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
One motto I live by is "No Compromise". It is the title of an album by the late Keith Green, and back in the eighties I was a big admirer of him---still am.

I like Keith Green very much. I like that album pretty well too.

I especially like this song:

and this one, from that album:

His wife Melody wrote the words to the second one. She is caught up in NARnia now. Keith may have ended up being caught up in it too if he hadn't died in that plane crash at age 28. That's too bad about her though, I hope she escapes from that nonsense.

Sorry for thread jacking.........

Blessings,

Travis

Loyal
Brother, "compromise" is exactly what Jesus never did. The Wisdom that come down from above, is first "pure". Meaning is will never at any time compromise the truth not matter what, even if it is to it's own hurt.
When Jesus said to the religious leaders of his time, "you are of your father the Devil, and the lust of your father you will do....". Jesus was not being mean to them he was simply speaking the truth without compromise. They thought they were holy and pure, but Jesus told them exactly where they stood with God. This did not go over well with them when Jesus said this. They then wanted to kill him!
The Wisdom of God is "first" before anything else "pure" uncompromising.

James 3:17.. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, accommodating, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, and not hypocritical.

Active
I like Keith Green very much. I like that album pretty well too.

I especially like this song:

and this one, from that album:

His wife Melody wrote the words to the second one. She is caught up in NARnia now. Keith may have ended up being caught up in it too if he hadn't died in that plane crash at age 28. That's too bad about her though, I hope she escapes from that nonsense.

Sorry for thread jacking.........

Blessings,

Travis

Travis, would you mind PMing me about the problem with Narnia?

Loyal

The word compromise has dual meanings or purposes. Never Compromise the wrod of God unto anything.
HOWEVER................to compromise with a spouse is a good thing...........

To add to what has already been said, it really depends upon the situation to know how to respond. One can be the never compromising faith person, but still choose how to deliver that behavior, or how to display the fact that we are not compromising.
Blessings to you!

Administrator
Staff Member
How can we be expected to alter a single letter of God's will in his written Word? I can't because God is right 100% and to take anything away or adding anything other than what the Almighty dictates, instantly perverts the truth and says God was incorrect.

Yes, never ever compromise the Word nor your faith. Compromising God's Word is basically, lying. Compromising your faith is also dangerous. Unbelief = blasphemy

Revelation 22:19
19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

As you can see, it was referring to the book John wrote, but God is serious about His word entirely no doubt. So to play with fire, well it's literal so to speak.

Loyal
My dear brother, the words above go much deeper than just a Roman coin and paying tribute to Caesar. God puts allows Secular Rulers to be in charge so, when referring to your comment on compromise, obey secular laws as much as possible, but never compromise the laws of God!
Amen! We have many Biblical examples of that - Daniel, Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego, and the disciples who told the authorities that they have to obey God rather than man when man dictates that they disobey God. God's law's always trump man's laws, so if humans are asking us to compromise in areas of faith, doctrine, morals, truth, and the teachings of Christ and of the apostles, then we must not compromise! We must stand firm and put on the armor of God with which to fight off Satan's evil schemes against us. And, we must be willing to suffer persecution and even death for our faith and for the truths of God's holy word. And, we must not give in to pressure, threats, intimidation, or manipulation to blend in with the world (to immerse ourselves in the world/culture) or to be unified with the goals and objectives of a worldly organization, even if it calls itself a church. Much intimidation within the church these days to blend with the world and to not maintain "strong convictions." I had one pastor tell me he was warned against people like me - people with strong convictions - that he was to avoid having such people in his "church." So, he invited me to go someplace else where I would be a "better fit." In fact, he even offered to help me find such a place. I wish I could say he is in the minority, but he is not, so be cautious and discerning about messages about "unity" within the church, because oftentimes it is not unity with God and with his word of which they speak, but it is unity with the teachings and philosophies of human beings which often compromise the truths of scripture in order to be more acceptable to the world.

Loyal
Acts 15 gives a great case study in compromise. Should Gentiles be required to keep the law of Moses. There's a sharp dispute, evidently a very difficult council meeting in Jerusalem until the decision. James says:

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

So they decide that Gentiles are not bound by the Law and are free to eat whatever they choose - except for nearly everything.

The "compromise on nothing" position does not reflect the total biblical experience.

Active
I hold the faith to be but true
A lie is told, that holds not few

Which entails a saying said
Do not heed, or look ahead

To the changes in your soul
Or the consequences due the toll

For not taking heed, of the Word
The law, the wisdom, duly heard

And mixing your dough, freshly knead
With the leaven of which we read

A heavy price is to be paid
He made the bed in which he laid

The man who scorned what truth he had
And diluted such with what he shouldn't have

Active
I found a book in the church library 'no compromise' its about Keith Green and written by his wife Melody. I dont really have much idea who Keith Green is, but I heard he is a christian musician or song writer.

It is interesting so far.

As for compromise well, people say if you married thats what you do all time?! If you spouse is not a believer arent you commiting immorality anyway by sleeping with them, what if they want you to do this or that in bed. Just because you are married does that mean whatever you do together wont defile you. I dont know...?

What do married people say?

Or is it that if you married an unbeliever it is sanctified anyway, if one person is a christian and the other isnt. Im sure there could be many couples where one spouse pretended to believe for the others sake. Or the believer compromised their faith to stay with their spouse. I mean what else can they do, divorce or leave?

Loyal
I found a book in the church library 'no compromise' its about Keith Green and written by his wife Melody. I dont really have much idea who Keith Green is, but I heard he is a christian musician or song writer.

It is interesting so far.

As for compromise well, people say if you married thats what you do all time?! If you spouse is not a believer arent you commiting immorality anyway by sleeping with them, what if they want you to do this or that in bed. Just because you are married does that mean whatever you do together wont defile you. I dont know...?

What do married people say?

Or is it that if you married an unbeliever it is sanctified anyway, if one person is a christian and the other isnt. Im sure there could be many couples where one spouse pretended to believe for the others sake. Or the believer compromised their faith to stay with their spouse. I mean what else can they do, divorce or leave?

Quoting from another thread:

Now, regarding marriage, the scriptures teach, I believe, that we are not to marry (be unequally yoked together, partner) with unbelievers. So, if you are a follower of Jesus Christ, you should not knowingly enter into a marriage contract with someone who is not a believer in Jesus Christ. But, I would add to that, that you also should not marry someone who claims to be a follower of Christ, but who is still walking according to the flesh, and not according to the Spirit, because it is still light partnering with darkness, and this cannot be. Nonetheless, if you are already married to someone who is a non-believer, or who is a believer by profession only, or who is living in rebellion against God and who is not walking in the ways of God, the scriptures do teach, I believe, that we should stay with that person, because we might be able to win that person to Christ by our godly example.

Taken from Kindred Minds: Kindred Minds

Active
It must be hard for that person to stay with an unbeliever but I suppose its sort of like having family members who dont believe that you live with.

But i suppose if that person made a vow they must honor it, so they wouldnt be compromising in marriage if they became a christian after marriage and the other was not. The other person may leave but I suppose since the believer is on the winning side so to speak they just need to be long suffering until their other half is saved.

How long must they wait though. Are there many cases where the unbelieving spouse just refused God and willingly chose hell instead of heaven where they would get to spend eternity with their loving spouse?! And children...?

One of my friends who became a christian after marriage and her spouse isnt, was asked to talk with a young lady who was dating an unbeliever and wanted to get married to him. Actually I think she was already engaged She didnt know what to say I mean obviously dont do it but this young lady was determined to make it work as she was already engaged?! . Or maybe she was asked and she just said yes but was having doubts.

I dont think my friend was going to tell her what she wanted to hear though. She was saying to me I will just show her scriptures.

I mean what would you do. Im amazed that parents often just allow their children who are believers to marry unbelievers. Some even encourage it..! Do they not warn them. Dont the parents have some authority or say in the matter? I know one christian lady who wanted her son to move in with his girlfriend not even marry her because she wanted to downsize the house. I thought hold on...?

Hmm Luke 18:29-30 suggests its ok to leave family for the sake of the Kingdom. I mean Peter followed Jesus yet he was married. I wonder what happened to his wife.

Or maybe because Peter was married he had the most difficulties. I dont know if the other disciples were married.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Hmm Luke 18:29-30 suggests its ok to leave family for the sake of the Kingdom. I mean Peter followed Jesus yet he was married. I wonder what happened to his wife.

Or maybe because Peter was married he had the most difficulties. I dont know if the other disciples were married.

I don't think we are going to have the answers to all our questions while we still live on this earth, but I do believe it is good to ask questions, because that is how we learn. There are some things, maybe many, that I still don't understand. But, I know that we first have to ask the Lord to show us his Word and to lead us into his truth and sometimes we have to compare scripture with other scriptures in order to get a full understanding of them. Yes, the Bible does talk about leaving family, but I don't think it means abandoning young children, leaving them with no parental guidance and not in the care of anyone. The Bible talks about divorce being permitted for adultery, but it doesn't encourage divorce. It encourages forgiveness and reconciliation, where possible. It teaches that if we have an unbelieving spouse, if they are willing to live with us, that we should remain, and that they may be won over to faith in Christ by our reverent behavior. It was addressed to believing women, but I see no reason why it could not apply to men, too. Sometimes someone will marry, thinking they are marrying a believer in Jesus Christ, only to have it not turn out that way. Some people are good at faking it, for a time, anyway, i.e. pretending to be Christians when they are not, just to get the girl or to get the guy. Or the spouse may have been like that soil that immediately received the message with joy, but the seed never took root in the person's life, so when things got tough, they abandoned ship. In other words, it is not all black and white.