• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Cloud and Fire Training

Staff Member
The cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the Israelites during all their travels. Exodus 40:38

Moses spoke to the miracle-performing God. He heard God answer in return. God offered to give the people the land He'd promised at the start of their journey. Their refusal to accept it meant that more than a million people would live as nomads for four decades.

They were disobedient, but God invited them back to a place of trust. If the wouldn't trust that He could give them the land He'd promised, then maybe they'd learn to trust when God led them using a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.

For forty years the Israelite's watched the cloud and pillar of fire. When they moved, the people moved. They learned to trust God and follow Him.

Maybe you're in the middle of your journey. You might feel that you've blown the early opportunities God had for you. But He's still leading. Each new day brings an opportunity to follow Him. Your real destination has always been toward His plan. You're closer today than you think.

Prayer: Lord, I once refused to follow You. Thanks for encouraging me to return from my disobedience. Thanks for considering my life worth the effort. May each decision I make help me follow Your plan.

The cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the Israelites during all their travels. Exodus 40:38

Moses spoke to the miracle-performing God. He heard God answer in return. God offered to give the people the land He'd promised at the start of their journey. Their refusal to accept it meant that more than a million people would live as nomads for four decades.

They were disobedient, but God invited them back to a place of trust. If the wouldn't trust that He could give them the land He'd promised, then maybe they'd learn to trust when God led them using a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.

For forty years the Israelite's watched the cloud and pillar of fire. When they moved, the people moved. They learned to trust God and follow Him.

Maybe you're in the middle of your journey. You might feel that you've blown the early opportunities God had for you. But He's still leading. Each new day brings an opportunity to follow Him. Your real destination has always been toward His plan. You're closer today than you think.

Prayer: Lord, I once refused to follow You. Thanks for encouraging me to return from my disobedience. Thanks for considering my life worth the effort. May each decision I make help me follow Your plan.

I never thought of that in that specific perspective. Thats pretty amazing!!! It makes me want to read Exodus again. In the middle of reading Luke.

Staff Member
Thanks for considering my life worth the effort.

I have often said I am not worthy... as in have no worth and certainly not have any worthy plusses to my name (honestly) and the Lord in His sufficient grace always reminds me of this one question...

He loved me and the world and gave His only begotten Son... how much do you think the worth of the blood of his Son is to the Father? So do you still say you have no worth? Or are not worthy, son?

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
I have often said I am not worthy... as in have no worth and certainly not have any worthy plusses to my name (honestly) and the Lord in His sufficient grace always reminds me of this one question...

He loved me and the world and gave His only begotten Son... how much do you think the worth of the blood of his Son is to the Father? So do you still say you have no worth? Or are not worthy, son?

Bless you ....><>

Dear Brother,
So, often when I look at the words or actions I have directed to those I love who are closest to me, my wife, my children, and realize that they are the reflection of the Natural Man I constantly fight against. I wonder why God would seek to lead one such as I whose only worth is that He Loved me enough to give His Son to die on the Cross for me and share Him with this Spirit that has still even after all these years, like the Israelites still been unable to fully be the man He wants me to be. And in so doing, not just reflect but be that man to all people, especially those closest to me.

I am not the sum total of the words I post here on Talk Jesus. For what I want to be, I am not, and what I do that I don't want to do I hate. So, all I do is beg forgiveness to those I've wronged, mercy to whom I have wronged the most and the love I still long for. For He gave it all for me, and I have shown the unworthiness to belong to Him by the very actions I rail against in this flesh.

I would add more, but work calls even in the snow that has fallen and is still falling!!!

Love you brother.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
We have a beautiful God and Saviour, that much I know

Bless you Brother ....><>