• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Climate Change (Global Warming): Real or Hoax?

Is Global Warming Real or Hoax?

• Real

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Hoax

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Loyal
I had read the news about the eruption of the volcano in Iceland, and the Holy Spirit told me that it dwarfed what man does to the environment that He is in control and watches over us. Does that satisfy your literal, fact oriented desire to prove me wrong? Or do you wish to continue this farce?

Loyal
When Christ comes and stands upon the mount of Olives that is split asunder, will there still be faith in the people that see Him?

Loyal
I had read the news about the eruption of the volcano in Iceland, and the Holy Spirit told me that it dwarfed what man does to the environment that He is in control and watches over us. Does that satisfy your literal, fact oriented desire to prove me wrong? Or do you wish to continue this farce?

I'm not out to prove you wrong, but to do all I can to ensure that the discussion we have is based on the best and most reliable evidence. If we start off a discussion unhinged from facts, were likely to end up in a bad place. That's why I've been probing for the source of your assertion that Volcanoes produce more pollution than human activity.

Loyal
I'm not out to prove you wrong, but to do all I can to ensure that the discussion we have is based on the best and most reliable evidence. If we start off a discussion unhinged from facts, were likely to end up in a bad place. That's why I've been probing for the source of your assertion that Volcanoes produce more pollution than human activity.
My point all along was that you were taking corrupt mankind's supposed facts as gospel, when you and all christians should realize that the enemy controls so much of those both in media, in govt, and nearly everywhere, and their facts arent as reliable as the Holy Spirit. I dont even want ppl to believe me based on what I say, how are you to know my connection to the Holy Spirit. I just want a christian to USE the Holy Spirit more than by just reading scripture and expecting God to speak to them through it. There is nothing wrong with that in itself, but its so limiting. The Holy Spirit was MEANT to be our guide and most christians are weak when it comes to depending on the council of the Holy Spirit, so much so that they fear they may be mislead by evil spirits.

Active
You claimed earlier that one volcano can produce more pollution than man does in a century. What is the source of this information given that you advise against trusting any source other than personal observation or revelation from the Holy Spirit?

It really doesn't matter. (Gen. 8:22)

Quantrill

Loyal
Matt 6:24-34 Since the Lord is not concerned why should I be?

Here, Jesus is talking about wealth, and warning against two different responses that lead to trouble. The first is to make pursuit of money a master and to be consumed by it. The second is to be consumed by anxiety about money - where food and clothes come from.

Jesus' teaching is to serve God only and to depend on him to provide all our needs.

It relates only indirectly to issues such as climate change, and should not be used as a proof text for inaction on any issue.

Imagine a person who is overcome by anxiety about their crippling debt problem reads this passage looking for help. What might they come away with? Maybe they'd receive some comfort from understanding that God is bigger than their financial problems, and that he can be depended on, no matter how difficult the circumstances. It might also give them the confidence to face up to the problem directly and to start to deal with creditors and seek out practical ways to bring finances back into order.

That would be a response in line with what Jesus is saying.

But what about someone who reads this passage, thinks "I don't need to worry," and does nothing to address their problem with spending beyond their means?

With regard to the environment, we are consuming resources at a greater rate than is sustainable. God's creation is good, but it's not infinite, and we must - without being overcome by worry - do something to address the global problem of living beyond our means.

Active
Disagree brother, not indirectly at all.( Col 1:15-17!!) And 5 times in Matt 6:25-34 he talks about things not to worry about. lol Think he might have been telling us something here? I also would say that his creation stands infinite. Now can man hurt the environment? SURE!! But man can never destroy it. That is reserved only for the Creator to me bro.( Isaiah 65:17)

Loyal
I'm talking about damage, not destruction, of the environment.

Jesus says 'don't worry', but he does not say, 'do nothing'.

We don't worry about what to wear, but we still need to repair our shoes from time to time.

Not worrying about what to eat does not imply farmers should stop working their farms.

Active
LOL I never repaired shoes bro,just bought new ones. hehe Don't be mad,just having some fun,I get your point brother. Personally brother at 65 I really do not care what the world does or decides,since I do not vote, (James 4:4)nor am of this world,I am an alien. LOL ( 1 Peter 2:11) I am to old to start to worry about anything now brother!

Active
Being worried brother never has ever had any gain in our life, Besides!!! The Lord has always provided a way of escape for his children,and he will for yours to! ( 1 Cor 10:13)

Loyal
Really disappointing response. True faith in God should be a motivation for action, not as a foil for complacency.

Active
(Gen. 8:22) does not insinuate we should not be responsible people and address problems that arise. It does, however, prove that the hype about global warming is just that. The ice caps are not going to melt. We are always going to have our seasons.

Quantrill

Active
Phil 4:10-13 and Proverbs 28:25 We can only control ourself not others.Talk to China about this,our Country has done more then any other about this subject. I am worn out about a subject I have no control over. lol

Loyal
Phil 4:10-13 and Proverbs 28:25 We can only control ourself not others.Talk to China about this,our Country has done more then any other about this subject. I am worn out about a subject I have no control over. lol
Rubbish. The USA is one of the highest emitters of greenhouse gases per capita

But that list measures emissions, not consumption. Here's a more faithful assessment based on the UK. Here, the emissions for, say, a phone made in South Korea and bought in England are allocated to the UK.

And that shows that until the recession, the UK's consumption was rising sharply.

There's plenty that any individual can do to make a difference to pollution production - especially those of us in industrialised nations.

Active
(Gen. 8:22) The ice caps are not going to melt. And, we are always going to have our seasons.

Global warming is a hype.

Quantrill

Loyal
(Gen. 8:22) The ice caps are not going to melt. And, we are always going to have our seasons.

Global warming is a hype.

Quantrill

Nobody I'm aware of is claiming that seasons will end.

Gen. 8:22 does not mention ice caps, so of limited value as an argument against ice caps retreating. And the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are melting already.

Loyal
Nobody I'm aware of is claiming that seasons will end.

Gen. 8:22 does not mention ice caps, so of limited value as an argument against ice caps retreating. And the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are melting already.
Why are you leaving out the information that although some unusual amount of ice is melting, other parts are increasing in ice formation with an overall plus?