Christian struggling with scrupulosity/religious OCD

Kate1009

Member
Hi everyone. I'm a Christian struggling with scrupulosity/religious OCD. I'm terrified I've committed the unforgivable sin.I was born into an idol-worshipping family. When I was 5, I had a dream where Jesus stood on my family's idolatrous territory and said I can be with Him after I die. Years later I repented and was born again. The Lord sent angel to fight spiritual warfare for me. I was being led well by the Holy Spirit. Praise God!Until this July. I had a vivid dream where an angel said the God loves me and that I will attend the Father's invitation (I can't say more). I searched AI and found the term exists in the Bible. After I slept again, this spirit warned me I didn't know how serious this was and do not tell this to anyone I was terrified and said I wouldn't tell. That same night, demonic dreams started — evil spirits pretending to be my idol-worshipping family, every night. I woke 3-4 times a night, then couldn't sleep at all. Sleep jerks.I'm not sure if it was really an angel this time, because what she said doesn't match the biblical description of angels. For example, one night in my dream she said she was getting old and hadn't slept for days. Maybe it was just symbolic?Two weeks later, intrusive blasphemous thoughts against the Holy Spirit appeared. I didn't want them. At night I was having many dreams or insomnia, and my defenses were very low. I fought hard. The devil did not let me go — day and night he shot blasphemous words into my mind. I kept saying in my heart, "No, no."But one time at work, exhausted, I greeted a colleague without thinking about the Holy Spirit at all. I was a bit annoyed, because I had to greet this colleague, and he was in the same sin I used to be in — but he still hasn't met the Lord and seems to be enjoying his sin. The attack came again, and my mouth moved without my brain — I mumbled the blasphemous words under my breath. It was my mouth moving, but it probably made a very small sound, like a whisper. I absolutely did not go through my brain. I didn't mean it. I hate it. I'm terrified.I felt like I was in a wilderness. The Lord wasn't answering. I felt alone.But I want to thank the brothers, sisters in Christ around me who prayed with me yesterday. Thank the Lord — I had been waking 4-5 times every night with insomnia. Last night I slept at 10pm and woke at 5am with no waking in between. A big improvement. But the family demonic spirits still woke me twice between 5am and 7am. One evil spirit said, "You look like you've grown up."Has anyone experienced anything like this? Intrusive blasphemous thoughts, saying something without meaning to, demonic dreams related to family idolatry? How did you get through this? Please pray for me. I'm really scared.One more thing — do you think the spirit that invited me to the Father's invite was really sent by the Lord?I am very confused.Thank you Brother and Sisters!
 
Back
Top