• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christian Rap?

Why would anybody want to listen to Christian lyrics in the form of Rap? I don't get it. To me it just doesn't fit. But, if thousands of Christians can worship and get saved by this ahem, music, then hey, tell me, what am I missing here? It just does not sound good in my ears. :note: :note2:

Peace!

Your brother in Christ Jesus!

I love christian rap. But I love any music that praises God. It all depends on what you like . Some people like Gospel or u know faster music. I believe any music that worships God is great. It doesnt matter the kind of music. it depends on what u grew up listening too I guesse. for example... theres a guy named T-Bone... hes a christian rap artist. He talks about the end times in his music and everything else about God. Its just a different form of worship .

I praise God in any style of music!

The thing is though is that we have to agree to disagree. Each one of us is different and like different stuff. And thats o.k!

maybe but their are christian rap artists out there that worships God. We all have different tastes and thats fine. We are all brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. I accept that you all arent too fond of rap music. and thats finhe. like I said we should agree to disagree.

everyone has their own tastes in music... and mine is christian rap. I respect that some of yall dont like it and thats totally fine.

jessid9 said:
maybe but their are christian rap artists out there that worships God. We all have different tastes and thats fine. We are all brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. I accept that you all arent too fond of rap music. and thats finhe. like I said we should agree to disagree.

everyone has their own tastes in music... and mine is christian rap. I respect that some of yall dont like it and thats totally fine.
Should we not all have the same "taste" when it comes to worship? If my ears hear this, I may just stop worship God and walk away because the rap is distracting my worship. Is this right? I feel this just limits "everybody" from worship and just allows those who happen to like the style to stay. I don't see "everybody" walk away if we are worshipping during a hymn, gospel, or praise (contemporary rock/ballad). Is it me? If I was Slugger165's age, a teen, or young adult, would my view be different?

I only listen to christian rap on my spare time. When I go to church and were worshiping God, Its not rap. I enjoy it much more when I'm in church. I dont see rap or agree with rap on a sunday morning at church. I guesse what I'm trying to say is that I love slower songs and worship songs. When I'm praising God I love to actually hear the words and worship. But when I'm driving or something like that I like to put on my rap. (christian rap) I'm not completly rap... I listen to a variety of stuff. . I see what your trying to say though Bob. And I agree in a way.

Bobinfaith said:
Why would anybody want to listen to Christian lyrics in the form of Rap? I don't get it. To me it just doesn't fit. But, if thousands of Christians can worship and get saved by this ahem, music, then hey, tell me, what am I missing here? It just does not sound good in my ears. :note: :note2:

Peace!

talking about rap........ i and few of my friend are going to rap on christmas. LOLz

God loves all types of music, and what better way to praise god than in a form of music you enjoy?!. God made us all unique and blessed us with our individuality. And me personally, I don't particularly like certain styles of music but I believe our worship and praise to god is best done when we are truly enjoying the experience and if that is done with christian Rap - fantastic!

Kind regards,
Sarah

Bobinfaith said:

Peace!

Ok, Sisters, you are correct in the fact that Christian Rap, hymns, gospel, and more does not matter in the style as long as we are lifting it up to our Lord Jesus Christ........BUT! I saw an interview on Christian Music a week before I wrote this thread and the person who is a Christian Rap artist was posed the question, "why are you praising God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, yet using the "F" word and other curse words within the same song? His response was (hem and haw) He was trying to justify that this is one way to reach the unbeliever on their level. That only makes me see the discredit of Christian Rap and tarnished that style of music. I would hold the same view if this was done with any other style...............BUT! spicyjoe, what a wonderful brother, he blesses me with this reply, talking about rap........ i and few of my friend are going to rap on christmas. LOLz - spicyjoe!

I know his friends and him will bless others and that softens my heart but this issue still concerns me..Help?

well, as you know, any type of song that praises the name of the lord is a beautiful song, i think people don't like to listen to the rap part because of raps reputation, you talking about prostitutes and sexual immortality, and drug. the fact is that you should have an open mind to such things as these. i myself don't like christain rap, but you have to pat them on the back fro trying to praise god in thee own way. saying that it is bad music is very invalid, and very oppiniated.

yes but christian rap is completly opposite than non christian rap. I wouldnt even allow non cvhristian rap into my home. But christian rap is nothing but God in its lyrics. Its just a different style of aknowlegding that.

Opiniated? Yes, ItIsHim7, just like your post, its ok. What intrigues me is why hasn't anybody listed any more "credible" Christian Rap artists names instead of 1 or 2 so that I can do further research? I am surprised that more teens have not offered their view more, instead of the adults. It seems they know more about it this popular music ministry, which is what I still cannot understand, and believe me, I am keeping an "open heart". I want to learn as much as I am able in my walk with Jesus.

There is a Christian Rap industry - it has its own Top 20. These are artists that are called to be part of a ministry sharing what God has done in their lives and all of the crap that has happened.eg being shot...taking drugs. Some artists talk about how they were the ones once that shot other people who were really bad but changed by knowing God. Using the F word would be highly inapropriate when doing this sort of thing. Whoever did that would not be part of the Christian Rap industry...it wouldnt be allowed.

theres an artist page at

Kind Regards,
Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobinfaith said:
Why would anybody want to listen to Christian lyrics in the form of Rap? I don't get it. To me it just doesn't fit. But, if thousands of Christians can worship and get saved by this ahem, music, then hey, tell me, what am I missing here? It just does not sound good in my ears.
People are different, and many people like different things. If the world were the same , the world would be boring. If you think for a moment, what about if you win a nonchristian to God, and that person loved to listen to rap music, when they get into the church, thats the music their going to listen to Christian rap. I think it doesn't matter what kind of music you listen to, as long as your praising God, and as long as that music keeps you close to God. As long as the music wins souls thats the most important thing. .......The music is not to glorify ones body, but to glorify God!

Last edited:
jessid9 said:
you couldnt have said it better! I agree 100%
Jessid9,

I want to apologize to you. I contradicted myself. You said from the beginning what everybody has been reiterating to the original thread and I wouldn't let go of my pride to this whole topic and wanting my way. Here I am growing up loving rock and roll and how I fell in love with Christian rock after I got saved.

But in all this God comes out on top and after reading hallelujah's post really confirmed what God was doing by working through me sooner or later. I may not fully approve of this style going forward but will remember now that this isn't about me and rejoice that persons are getting saved in all kinds of different forms of music. My eyes were not open. Please forgive my prideful attitude.

Sincerely,

No worries Bob. People have different styles of music. I appologize too. I dont feel u need to appologize though. You had your opinion and thats what this whole thing was... a simple discussion of different styles of music. Your sis in Christ Jessica

This is probably the least popular thing here, but I don't listen to any type of Christian music. I do however listen to mainstream, undergound, old hip/hop and rap music though. My favorite artists are Tupac and Eminem. Yes, they cuss a lot, but who the heck cares? It's therapy for them, you say 'but, Eminem talks about killing his mother!" Well first of all have you heard "Cleanin' out my closet"? Go check it out. He's already made this point, that he can get so angry sometimes, that if he doesn't write about it, he might actually do it. Oh, and I'm so glad Kanye West did a song called "Jesus Walks", of course some of you would say "but it has swear words in it!"; and your point is? See the problem with Christian music is they only preach to Christians, do you honestly think some atheist wants to hear, "OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!" 50 times in a row, over and over again? No, and I don't either (I already know it, I don't need a song telling me it). Also, the reason why Kanye West swears, (and most like everyother single rapper) because it was the way they were raised. Kanye is rapping to kids in poverty, how many kids do you think in the ghetto started thinking about Jesus as soon as Kanye West made it cool? I bet a lot.

Also have you heard the song called Ghetto Gospel? Here's the lyrics,

Uh..
Hit 'em with a little ghetto gospel

[Chorus: Elton John]
Those who wish to follow me (My ghetto gospel)
I welcome with my hands
and the red sun sinks at last
into the hills of gold
And peace to this young warrior
Without the sounds of guns

[Verse 1]
If I could recollect before my hood days
I'd sit and reminisce thinkin of bliss of the good days
I stop and stare at the younger my heart goes to ‘em
AIDS tested, it was stress that they under
And nowadays things change
Everyone's ashamed of the youth, cuz the truth look strange
And for me it's reversed, we left them a world that's cursed and it hurts
Cuz any day they'll push the button
And all good men like Malcolm X and Bobby Hutton died for nothin
Told em they could get teary, the world looks dreary
When you wipe your eyes see it clearly
There's no need for you to fear me
If you take your time to hear me, maybe you can learn to cheer me
It aint about black or white, cuz we're human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My Ghetto Gopsel

[Chorus]
Those who wish to follow me (Ghetto gospel)
I welcome with my hands
into the hills of gold
And peace to this young warrior

[Verse 2]
Tell me do you see that old lady, aint it sad?
Livin outta bags, but she's glad for the little things she has
And over there there's a lady
Crack got her crazy, yet she's givin birth to a baby
I don't trip and let it fade me
From outta the frying pan we jump into another form of slavery
Even now I get discouraged
Wonder if they take it all back, will I still keep the courage?
I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, stay in control, drink out my own bottles
I made mistakes but learned from every one
And when it's said and done
I bet this brother be a better one
If I upset you don't stress
Never forget, that God isn't finished with me yet
I feel his hand on my brain
When I write rhymes I go blind and let the Lord do his thang
But am I less holy?
Cuz I chose to puff a blunt and drink a beer with my homies
Before we find world peace
We gotta find peace and end the war in the streets
My Ghetto Gospel

[Chorus]
Those who wish to follow me (Yea, ghetto gospel)
I welcome with my hands
into the hills of gold
And peace to this young worrier

Lord can you hear me speak?

They pay the price for being hell bound