• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christian or Catholic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Staff Member
Romans 12:4-6
4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith;
Message from Chad:
I am starting this thread with the sole purpose to open up eyes with the Truth GOD has provided in His Living Word, The Holy Bible. The only true Bible. There is no other Bible but the True Holy Bible 100% inspired by the Holy Spirit and from GOD alone. This is to make aware of the false doctrines out there. The biggest one is the Roman Catholic church. (aka as they call "universal church")
Note: I am living proof of "catholicism" and witnessed it all. My parents sent me to catholic schools all my life, 13 years. My entire family (less a few ex-catholics converted true Christians) are catholics as well. The whole nook and cranny of catholicism is in them. The statues, saints, Haily Mary prayer (what a blasphemous prayer!), the priests who do not marry, added books to their version of the Bible and so forth. No insult, just truth.

This thread is out of love for the lost souls and respect, obedience to the Living Word of GOD which all believers understand to be infallible.
This is not judgemental views towards anyone but Agape call for those deceived by the evil one, whom Jesus Christ defeated on Calvary 2000 years ago and will finish him when the day of the Lord comes.

What I have here is a compilation of articles and my own experience, my own compiled verses from GOD's Living Word, the true Bible itself.

Purpose of Thread
  • help all the lost see more clearly
  • fight against denominations and to be One Body of Christ
  • make aware of those who are unaware
  • enlighten you so you can preach the Truth with Wisdom gained from GOD's Word by reading this thread and comparing all that I compiled with the Word of GOD for your own proof.
Problems with Catholicism: some myths and misunderstandings

""Roman Catholics do not actually pray to Mary"

Wrong. "Hail Mary" prayer is inside their doctrine

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Catechism of the Catholic Church admits that prayers to Mary are doctrinal:

2675 Beginning with Mary's unique cooperation with the working of the Holy Spirit, the Churches developed their prayer to the holy Mother of God, centering it on the person of Christ manifested in his mysteries...[emphasis mine]

2679 Mary is the perfect Orans (pray-er), a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father, who sends his Son to save all men. Like the beloved disciple we welcome Jesus' mother into our homes, for she has become the mother of all the living. We can pray with and to her. The prayer of the Church is sustained by the prayer of Mary and united with it in hope. [emphasis mine]

Also, Consecration to Mary, which starts off,

"O Mary, Virgin most powerful and Mother of mercy, Queen of Heaven and Refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart. We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and our souls; to thee we give our homes, our families, our country."

This is one of many prayers to Mary. Notice the salutation to Mary, and the giving of our very souls to Mary. I'm sure you can understand how blasphemous this sounds to give our souls to anyone but Jesus Christ!

Sacraments for Salvation?

Catechism states the following:

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast."

Now the last clause is very revealing. I think you'd agree that good works are the fruits of true faith. James made that point so eloquently in his epistle. True faith will be evidenced by good works. However, it is equally true that no works will save us, whether they be works of faith (such as giving to the needy, caring for the downtrodden, exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit, etc.), or works of the law. The latter are analogous to the liturgical works (sacraments) of Christendom. No, we will not be saved because we are meek and patient, or because we faithfully performed the sacraments. We will be saved because we placed our faith in Jesus Christ. That was Jesus' teaching as well.

Catholic rejects Papal Infallibility

Regarding the one true church, the following appears in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

"816 'The sole Church of Christ [is that] which our Savior, after his Resurrection, entrusted to Peter's pastoral care, commissioning him and the other apostles to extend and rule it. . . . This Church, constituted and organized as a society in the present world, subsists in (subsistit in) the Catholic Church, which is governed by the successor of Peter and by the bishops in communion with him.'

The Second Vatican Council's Decree on Ecumenism explains: "For it is through Christ's Catholic Church alone, which is the universal help toward salvation, that the fullness of the means of salvation can be obtained. It was to the apostolic college alone, of which Peter is the head, that we believe that our Lord entrusted all the blessings of the New Covenant, in order to establish on earth the one Body of Christ into which all those should be fully incorporated who belong in any way to the People of God."

As you can see, this one section identifies the Catholic Church as "the sole Church of Christ." Note that the subparagraph is very specific that the "fullness of the means of salvation" can only be obtained through the Catholic Church. There are other sections of the catechism that teach this as well. I encourage you to share this portion of the Catechism with your priest and ask yourselves if you truly believe this Catholic doctrine.

If not, on what other matters of doctrine do you feel the Catholic Church errs? Even without the explicit statement above, the Roman Catholic Church teaches that justification comes only through adherence to the seven sacraments. Most Christian churches (though not all) observe only two -- communion and baptism. And we recognize the biblical teaching that justification and salvation are not imparted by participation in these sacraments. Salvation comes by grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 10:9-10
"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Catholic bible:

"2035 The supreme degree of participation in the authority of Christ is ensured by the charism of infallibility. This infallibility extends as far as does the deposit of divine Revelation; it also extends to all those elements of doctrine, including morals, without which the saving truths of the faith cannot be preserved, explained, or observed."

Prior to 1870, the Catholic Church did not hold papal infallibility as a true doctrine. This changed at Vatican I when Pius IX declared that popes are infallible when speaking ex-cathedra. After this official declaration by Pius IX at Vatican I, papal infallibility was suddenly part of Catholic doctrine. In the 1871 edition of Stephen Keenan's popular Catechism, appeared the following Q & A:

Q. Is the pope infallible?
A. Yes, the pope is infallible.
Q. But some Catholics, before the Vatican Council, denied the infallibility of the pope, which was impugned by this very Catechism.
A. Yes, they did so under the usual reservation, insofar as they then could grasp the mind of the church, and subject to her (the church's) future definitions, thus implicitly accepting the dogma.

Jesus never intended for Christian leadership to exercise such dominion over the laity. In fact, in Matthew 20:25-27, Jesus said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave".

Jesus is the God-man and Mary is His Mother

As a former Roman Catholic, I am well aware of the RCC teaching with respect to Mary as the mother of God. But you see, a created individual cannot be the mother of a divine person who did not originate in her womb. She certainly is the mother of Jesus who was very God and very man, but only Jesus the man originated in her womb. To be the mother of God it would have been necessary for all three persons of the trinity to originate in her womb. But then they wouldn't have been eternal beings; they would not have been God.

The authorized KJV, Jesus never addressed Mary as His mother. On the two occasions reported, Jesus called her "woman." The Bible calls her the "mother of Jesus," not the mother of God.

It was the fallacy of the various Marian doctrines that led me to begin questioning RCC teachings in all areas. When I read the entire New Testament and never found where Mary's body had been assumed into heaven, a red flag went up in my mind. Then, in a second reading of the N.T. I found the Bible identifying by name four blood brothers of our Lord and "sisters" as well, though unnamed. I noticed that Mary's cousin Elisabeth in her old age miraculously conceived her ONLY child, John the Baptist. The Word of God tells us Elisabeth gave birth "to a son." But it also tells us Mary gave birth to her "firstborn son." From all this I began to suspect that the RCC doctrine of Mary's cradle-to-the-grave virginity was a falsehood.

Psalms 69:8-9

"I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Since the latter verse is quoted in John 2:17, I knew both verses were prophetic. After that, I found Paul referring in Galations to "James, the Lord's brother," Historian, Eusebius mentioning both James and Jude as brothers of Jesus, and Jewish historian, Josephus, referring to "James, the brother of Jesus who was the Christ."

Mary's Immaculate Conception

"It simply illogical for the Perfect Christ to have come from an imperfect Mary."

"How could imperfection give birth to Perfection? The ONLY logical explanation is that Mary HAD to have been born without the stain of original sin."

Are you sure you want to stick with this logic? If so, then you must conclude that both of Mary's parents were born without sin as well. After all, if she was born sinless, and imperfection cannot give birth to perfection, then her parents must have been perfect. If that's so, then all four of her grandparents must also have been perfect and sinless, and so on and so forth. That perfection would then have been passed on to Mary's siblings, her cousins, aunts and uncles, etc. etc. The simple logic you wish to argue has now created veritable nation of perfect people. Is this your contention? I think you can see how this argument falls.

The real answer doesn't come burdened with this sort of achille's heel. You're assuming what came from Mary was perfect. However, God the Son existed before Mary. The Son has always existed. His perfection is found in His eternal deity. Mary's role was in the production and nurturing of His human body. His body was not perfect until His assumption. Before then, His body bled, bruised, and scarred. Scripture tells us He was nothing special to look at -- nothing particularly attractive about Him. His body was very, very human and imperfect. His divine nature was perfect, but that did not come from Mary.

Mary is not the "Mother of GOD"

Luke 1:32 “He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:”

Matthew 12:23 “And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?”

Matthew 15:22 “And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.”

Matthew 20:30 “And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David.”

Matthew 21:9 “And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.”

In these Scriptures it is clearly established that the nation of Israel expected their Messiah to derive – as prophesied - from the tribe of Judah and the house of David, thereby attributing fatherhood of the Messiah to David in accordance with their method of reckoning descent. But David cannot be called the father of God because of his relationship to the man Christ Jesus. Our Lord Himself preempted any possibility of that erroneous belief.

Matthew 22:42-46
“While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.”

Parallel accounts of this episode are found in Mark 12: 35-37, and Luke 20:41-44.

In these Scriptures, our Lord has done what Roman Catholic apologists say may not be done. He has clearly drawn a line between the human nature and the eternal nature of Christ. He has clearly established the fact that David is NOT the father of God, because he is NOT the father of the second person of the blessed trinity. He has clearly shown this distinction of natures to be a mystery – one the Jews of His day could not comprehend any better than the Roman Catholics or Christians of the 21st century.

This mystery of the two fused but separate natures manifest in Christ finds another reference in the following excerpt from the Gospel of John. When confronted by the Jews and constrained to identify himself, John the Baptist’s response included this interesting disclosure: “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.” (John 3:34) Certainly the Holy Spirit could not have been given to the Second Person of the trinity for He is part of that trinity. So the Holy Spirit that was given without measure was given only to the man Christ Jesus.

Because the Second Person of the blessed trinity is an eternal being having neither a beginning nor an ending, it was the man Christ Jesus who suffered as the second Adam on Calvary and died for the sins of the world. The Second Person of the trinity did not die, cannot die or be put to death. And it’s the man Christ Jesus – not the Second Person of the trinity - who is said Scripturally to be the one mediator between God and man. (1 Tim 2:5) He who is eternal, who could not and cannot die, could not be, and was not, born of the virgin.

No one disputes the fact that Mary is the mother of the human Jesus even though she was not the “supplier” of His human soul. Nor is there any question that the man Christ Jesus was created human in body, soul and spirit. What is disputed is the extension of the title “mother” to a divine nature that eternally existed and was not created in the womb of the virgin. A mother is only the mother of what originates within her womb. The second person of the blessed trinity did not originate in Mary’s body.

He is without beginning – has always existed – and has no mother.
(Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.) (Psalm 90:2) “Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.” (Psalm 93:2) “But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him,” (Psalm 103:17) “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.” (Psalm 106:48)

Conclusion: Jesus Christ the man is the son of Mary. The Second Person of the Trinity is her God, not her son, for He did not originate in her womb.

Testimony of an ex-Catholic

I became a born-again Christian when I was 33. I am now 60. I am sorry to say that I undertook the RCIA course of the Catholic Church in 1998 and "became" a Catholic. There were a variety of reasons too long and complicated to go into here. It is only now through the good prayers and talks with a very dear Christian friend that I realize my mistake. Through reading and Bible study I believe the Catholic Church to be utterly corrupt. This corruption stems from the papacy and the sinister cardinals and others associated with it - the twisting of the scripture and the notion that anyone has control over the soul of another. It is clear from scripture that only Christ has power over us. To allow others this privilege is disastrous as I can testify.

Jesus Christ is the one we should be worshipping and Him alone -- never mind the saints, Mary etc. etc. The Catholic Church is the kind of system that Jesus came to destroy - He was so dangerous, the ruling religious elite had him crucified. There are kind and good Catholics, but personally I no longer want to be associated with that church. I have suffered a lot through the past few years. It is only recently that I realize it is due to the spiritual darkness of being a member of a church that is essentially evil.

I have allowed New Age teaching to infiltrate my life. I had statues and other things in my home which I believe come under the heading of Graven Images. I have strayed from the true faith and I am truly sorry for that. But Jesus has saved me (again). I now hope and pray to lead a life that is pleasing to Him. I pray that the darkness that clouded my soul will dissipate in the light of Christ and I will find again the joy I once had before I went off to a "far country".

If this has struck any chord with you and you too feel uneasy about the teachings of the RC church I beg you dont delay - get out of it.

*** Eleanor ***

For more readings, proof of false doctrine in catholicism please see this link. Click here. Some topics to be found include
  • Definition Differences
  • The Sacraments
  • The Eucharist Christ -Is Jesus in a piece of bread?
  • Mariology (The role of Mary)
  • Purgatory
  • A Roman Catholic View of Protestantism
  • Doctrine of Purgatory Extinguished by Grace
  • The Fallacy of Catholicism's Papacy
  • The Fraudulent Papacy - a History Lesson
  • Scriptural Proof: Mary is Not the Mother of God
  • The Myth of Mary's Lifetime Virginity
  • Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible
  • The truth of the problems with other religions and denominations
Compare to the True Living Word of GOD itself, The Holy Bible and you will see it all makes sense. False doctrine. Did you ever wonder why even the best true to Truth Christian (not catholic) sites that have several (or one) Bible translations do not include the "catholic bible"? There is a good reason for that.

Useful Resources:
BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 50 versions and 35 languages.
Bible.com - The Bible Online, Bible Prayer Room, Christian Community, Market Place and more..
Bible Questions Answered

Mary was a wonderful being.Yet JESUS CHRIST is the only one we confess our sins to,And HE is the only way into heaven.HE is a part of GOD and He is GOD!
They are one,along with the HOLY GHOST.
HE alone is the true ,the light ,the way!
If we try to go any other way.We will not know GOD as FATHER and friend!

Not sure

I cannot help but feel uncomfortable about this. I think that catolicism has its place. I am from a protestant background and have attended catholic and protestant schools, methodist, baptist, Cof E, pentescostal and catholic churches. All these places in my experience held Christ at the centre of their faith, all followers either loved or desired to love God.

All were also different in their emphasis. It is my belief that if Jesus walked today he would value all and as he did in scripture and perhaps have something to say about the differences we create. For he spoke to elders who preached that specific rituals ought to be followed to be right with God and I think this is speaking to all the denominations of christianity who preach to one another as to what makes someone more christian in todays world.

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life. No-one comes to the father except through me.

The catholic church that was the based in Europe that gave rise to protestantism, evangelical movements etc. I cannot believe that the souls of the past who followed christ faithfully in their devotion aren't with Christ at this very moment because they were unable to access the modern day christian beliefs. It doesn't make sense to me, focus on being christlike. He is our example. I know this won't be popular and I hope people see what I really mean to say and that it is written from the heartwhich craves unity and understanding.

Repentance toward God, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, is a must if a man is to be born again. The RCC does'nt preach the true gospel of Gods grace, therefore they leave their followers unconverted. A man is not saved by saying certain prayers and doing certain rituals, and being forgiven by a priest. Real saints are called by God to repent, and believe the gospel, then old things are passed away, and behold all things become new. I am a former RC follower, and i never recieved a conversion by telling my sins to a man, and haveing him forgive them for me, then giving me a list of prayers for penance.

Not all who say lord lord will have salvation, but they who do the will of the father, the RCC is deffinately not doing the will of God. You can't just claim salvation for the priest, and not the congregations, there must also be a change in the followers, and that is not what i see with 95% of professing Catholic followers. They have a form of Godliness but deny the power. And whatever we do we must not forget the deaths of the reformers, men died so that we could have this glorious gospel broth to us. Only for them we all might still be in the RCC telling our sins to a priest, and eating crackers for salvation. Don't let them turn over in their graves, for the sake of lets all get along and be friends. Contend for the faith...

God bless

Last edited:
And id just like to say good post Chad...i dont see any poison pen in there.
You could have said what Paul said...if anyone preaches unto you any other gospel than what we have preached, then let them be accursed. I wonder if that was a poison pen?

God bless brother

I know it may hurt feeling,But He is right on these points.WE SERVE JESUS CHRIST and JESUS CHRIST ALONE.WE ONLY FOLLOW HIM!
HE TELLS US TO TAKE UP OUR CROSS ABD FOLLOW HIM>
Many groups takes from ,OUR LORDS GLORY AND HONOR!WE DO NOT FOLLOW EACH OTHER!GOD DOES NOT COUNT A PERSON ABOVE ANOTHER!WE MUST COUNT THE TRUTH,GREATER THAN OUR LIFES!
BLESS YOU CHAD>BE BOLD AND WISE.

Administrator
Staff Member
Fellowservant said:
And id just like to say good post Chad...i dont see any poison pen in there.
You could have said what Paul said...if anyone preaches unto you any other gospel than what we have preached, then let them be accursed. I wonder if that was a poison pen?

God bless brother

Now why did I not think of that awesome verse at this time? Goosebumps. Thanks brother

Galatians 1:9
As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Thank you also spirit1st for your kind reply. Humility is a great thing GOD expects from *all* of us.

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Amen, I agree with your observation Chad. Most people overrated the verse DO NOT JUDGE and never form their opinion or take their time to know the truth by reading and understanding God's word.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

This prophecy definately fits the RCC, I still can remember my mom saying we could'nt eat meat on good friday. And they also forbid marriage to its leaders. These seducing spirits have been with this church from day one.

Taken from Google...below

Catholics should not eat meat on Good Friday, Ash Wednesday, and Fridays during Lent.

God bless

Revelation 17
1*And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters: 2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.3*So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 and upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.7*And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8* The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9*And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10*And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11*And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12*And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13* These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14* These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15*And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16*And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17*For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18*And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Some believe these scriptures describe the RCC.

Chad, thank you for being bold and concerned enough to post this thread, knowing the possibility of ridicule and harsh reactions. May God bless you with the strength necessary to endure all the attitude that follows.

Mark 7:9-13
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11 but ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13 making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Thank you Chad for being devoted to upholding Truth in the hopes for those bound by false doctrine and deception becoming free to walk in the fullness of Jesus the Christ.

Last edited:
As you probably know, the Council of Trent anathematizes (curses) everyone who is not Roman Catholic and who does not subscribe to the list of doctrines in that document. For your reference here are quotes that document the authenticity of the Council of Trent as well as the fact that the current Pope still upholds the Council of Trent for ALL Catholics:

In January 1996, Pope John Paul II commemorated the 450th anniversary of the opening of the Council of Trent by visiting Trento, Italy, and affirming that Trent's declarations “maintain all their value.” [emphasis mine]

The Council of Trent was conducted by four different popes (Paul III, Julius III, Paul IV, Pius IV) between the years 1545 to 1565, and had the two-fold goal of bringing reform to Catholicism and condemning and hindering the growth of Protestantism. A series of anathemas were issued against Protestant doctrine. The Index of Prohibited Books was set up, condemning authors and writings which were deemed anti-Catholic. During the era of Trent, the barbarous Inquisition was further unleashed against those who dared to reject Roman heresies.

In 1564 the doctrines of Trent were summarized in a papal bull entitled The Tridentine Profession of Faith. Dr. Raymond Surburg notes that “all Roman Catholic clergy and teachers must subscribe to it as well as converts to the faith from Protestantism. The person subscribing to it must swear true obedience to the Pope” (The Christian News, July 10, 1995, p. 6).

An official statement of the doctrines approved at Trent were issued in 1566 in the Roman Catechism.

The Council of Trent denied every Reformation doctrine, including Scripture alone and grace alone. Trent hurled 125 anathemas (eternal damnation) against Bible-believing Christians, including these: [emphasis mine]

“If any one shall deny that the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, or virtually--let him be accursed” (Canon 1).

“If any one shall say that the substance of the bread and wine remains in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist, together with the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, and shall deny that wonderful and singular conversion of the whole substance of the bread into the body, and of the whole substance of the wine into the blood, the outward forms of the bread and wine still remaining, which conversion the Catholic Church most aptly calls transubstantiation--let him be accursed” (Canon 2).

“If any man shall say that Christ, the only begotten Son of God, is not to be adored in the holy sacrament of the Eucharist, even with the open worship of latria, and therefore not to be venerated with any peculiar festal celebrity, nor to be solemnly carried about in processions according to the praiseworthy, and universal rites and customs of the holy Church, and that he is not to be publicly set before the people to be adored, and that his adorers are idolaters--let him be accursed” (Canon 6).

“If anyone shall say that the ungodly man is justified by faith only so as to understand that nothing else is required that may cooperate to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is in no wise necessary for him to be prepared and disposed by the motion of his own will ... let him be accursed” (Canon 9).

“If anyone shall say that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in the divine mercy pardoning sins for Christ's sake, or that it is that confidence alone by which we are justified ... let him be accursed” (Canon 12).

These proclamations and anathemas were fleshed out in the murderous persecutions vented upon true Christians by Rome--and Trent has never been annulled. The Vatican II Council in the 1960s referred to Trent dozens of times, quoting Trent's proclamations as authoritative and reaffirming Trent on every hand. The New Catholic Catechism cites Trent no less than 99 times. There is not the slightest hint that the proclamations of the Council of Trent have been abrogated by Rome.

“The Fathers of the Council, continuing the work begun by the Council of Trent, confidently entrust to superiors and professors in seminaries the duty of training Christ's future priests in the spirit of that renewal promoted by the Council itself” (Decree on the Training of Priests, p. 654).

WHY WERE OUR REFORMERS BURNED?

I wish my readers to remember that the burning of the Marian martyrs is an act that the Church of Rome has never repudiated, apologized for, or repented of, down to the present day. There stands the huge blot on her escutcheon; and there stands the huge fact side by side, that she never made any attempt to wipe it away. Never has she repented of her treatment of the Vaudois and the Albigenses;-never has she repented of the wholesale murders of the Spanish Inquisition; -never has she repented of the massacre of St. Bartholomew;-never has she repented of the burning of the English Reformers. We should make a note of that fact, and let it sink down into our minds.

Rome never changes. Rome will never admit that she has made mistakes. She burned our English Reformers 300 years ago. She tried hard to stamp out by violence the Protestantism which she could not prevent spreading by arguments. If Rome had only the power, I am not sure that she would not attempt to play the whole game over again.

It is fashionable [now affectionatly called charitable] in some quarters to deny that there is any such thing as certainty about religious truth, or any opinions for which it is worth while to be burned. Yet, 300 years ago, there were men who were certain they had found out truth, and were content to die for their opinions.-

None spoke more pithily, weightily, and powerfully than did this Suffolk incumbent.

Striking and deeply affecting was his last testament and legacy of advice to his wife, his family, and parishioners, though far too long to be inserted here, excepting the last sentence : -"For God's sake beware of Popery: for though it appear to have in it unity, yet the same is vanity and Antichristianity, and not in Christ's faith and verity."-Foxe's "Acts and Monuments," vol. iii.p.144.

Administrator
Staff Member
God bless you brother. Praise GOD for His Truth that sets us free through Jesus Christ - OUR LIVING SAVIOR, HIS LIVING WORD!

I am not afraid of anyone's opinions. I'm afraid (devastated) at the thought of not standing up for our merciful, all loving graceful GOD who set me free. So I stand preaching His given Word that has been around since the dawn of human life.

The Scripture you quoted is great, right on. I believe this is right about the RCC as well.

Glad to hear that chad,Many sites do not allow truth and even reject scripture as truth.I am on a site ,That they do not want much faith healing preached .as a mod as sugar and cannot accept he could be healed.He wants no thoughts of faith healing.Those that are sick.Will not want healing preached ,those that do not see the signs and wonders .Do not want them preached.But if we have these things or not.Does not change the bible.I must have and live by GODS LIVING WORD.EVEN UNTO DEATH!Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
THIS IS THE KEY TO HEALING.TRUSTING OUR LORD,EVEN UNTO DEATH.But,We should do as HE teaches us.Then stand?In faith believing.If we are not healed.Then I would say .SEEk HIS face!ASK HIm why not?Then live as you MUST!The point being.LIVING IN THE LIGHT YOU HAVE!WE CAN NOT LIVE IN MORE!But must live up the THE TRUTH ,HE HAS REVEALED TO US!THE VERY BEST WE CAN!HE WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT US!
BUT IF HE DIDN"T ?STILL WE MUST TRUST HIS JUDGEMENT UNTO DEATH.IF WE WANT THAT CROWN ,AND TOO HEAR HIM SAY?WELL DONE MY FAITHFUL CHILD.NOT ALL WILL FOLLOW HIM.MANY FELLOW OTHERS ,JUST AS WEAK AS THEY ARE!MANY WOULD DIE FOR THERE CHURCHES.BUT NOT THERE LORD AND MASTER!HE MUST BE THE MAIN BEING IN OUR LIFES.AND TELLS US HOW TO SERVE HIM,AND HIM ALONE!
:love:

So i will minister grace to the hearers, If you are Roman Catholic, repent of this, and draw near to God, he will also draw near to you. He will manifest himself to you, showing you the real way to salvation, by faith in Christ alone for your salvation.

God bless all

Last edited:
spirit1st said:
Glad to hear that chad,Many sites do not allow truth and even reject scripture as truth.I am on a site ,That they do not want much faith healing preached .as a mod as sugar and cannot accept he could be healed.He wants no thoughts of faith healing.Those that are sick.Will not want healing preached ,those that do not see the signs and wonders .Do not want them preached.But if we have these things or not.Does not change the bible.I must have and live by GODS LIVING WORD.EVEN UNTO DEATH!Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
THIS IS THE KEY TO HEALING.TRUSTING OUR LORD,EVEN UNTO DEATH.But,We should do as HE teaches us.Then stand?In faith believing.If we are not healed.Then I would say .SEEk HIS face!ASK HIm why not?Then live as you MUST!The point being.LIVING IN THE LIGHT YOU HAVE!WE CAN NOT LIVE IN MORE!But must live up the THE TRUTH ,HE HAS REVEALED TO US!THE VERY BEST WE CAN!HE WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT US!
BUT IF HE DIDN"T ?STILL WE MUST TRUST HIS JUDGEMENT UNTO DEATH.IF WE WANT THAT CROWN ,AND TOO HEAR HIM SAY?WELL DONE MY FAITHFUL CHILD.NOT ALL WILL FOLLOW HIM.MANY FELLOW OTHERS ,JUST AS WEAK AS THEY ARE!MANY WOULD DIE FOR THERE CHURCHES.BUT NOT THERE LORD AND MASTER!HE MUST BE THE MAIN BEING IN OUR LIFES.AND TELLS US HOW TO SERVE HIM,AND HIM ALONE!
:love:

Amen brother: God bless all the ones who are willing to expose this deception for the Glory of God. Souls are at stake here, so the lord will bring this to light... ye shall know the truth, and it will set you free:sun:

I just wanted to tack on my experience working in a prestigious Jesuit Catholic High School. I am very grateful for this post and want to chime in with others - a thank you to Chad, as well as a praise God for your concern for your accountability to the Lord.

I am also in prayer for us as an online community. Online church presents unique challenges - challenges that are still completely answerable with His amazing Word. Let us love one another. Remembering that "Love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude and never seeks its own advantage, it does not take offence or store up grievances. Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but finds its joy in the truth. It is alway ready to make allowances, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes."

If I did not work at a Catholic school, I might feel something along the sentiment that- well, they profess Jesus is God and we all have our differences so - it's not that big of a deal.

It is that big of a deal. It is an eternal life or death, will it be on earth as it is in heaven, deal.

I teach young people who go to mass on Sundays, never read their bibles, never have asked Jesus into their hearts and are convinced they are going to heaven - that is, if they believe in God at all.

They see priests that swear, avoid them, punish them, make light of everything, make light of nothing, talk about sports, talk about who died, and drink a lot. They see a few men that seem happy, but more men that are sad or discontented.

The kids I teach source their worth on how well they do acadmically or athletically.

Young women are blind to the beauty they are in His eyes and seek approval through promiscuity or by making themselves seem less intelligent than the young men around them.

Some kids I teach are so concerned with their grades they have developed very sophisticated ways of cheating that require me to make to create at least 2 other versions of every exam I give.

If they do not cheat and do poorly they sometimes just give up, and figure that they are not smart enough, thus not good enough.

They are not expected to be anything other than what they are.

They are lost.

I have tried to "bloom where I am planted" and go to mass for church since the school encourages me to- and that has led me to a place where I realize that God is not opening that door. I am viewed as a "Bible scholar" if I make a reference to the Word. And that is only by those that respect the Word. Otherwise, I am viewed as a classic jesus freak - like I would be in a secular world, except they are colder and quieter about their disapproval (in contrast to what I have faced before). I suppose that is what they view is polite. I still attend their masses and the Word can speak to me there, but I have given up being ministered to in any other way and this has been a tremendous relief. To view them as believers was - well, very frustrating. It took my strength and not His grace and I became exhausted trying. Once I started shedding those expectations and viewing it as a secular job, He gave me peace.

In other places He has always led me to born again Christians in my community. At my school with 150 faculty, 75 to 80% Catholic, I have found one. Granted I have not had heart to heart talks with every member and a second one may be there, but Christians comfortable with the Bible and talking about Jesus seem sparser there than other places I have worked. More closed. All my support comes from outside my work.

I asked a priest about a verse in Matthew and was told that we can't really know if Jesus actually said that. I asked why and the reply was, well, it's not in Mark. The bible is not an authority at my school.

So then, neither is Christ.

I cannot put into words what it is like to see these precious children, to watch them play ball, to interact with them daily, to hear their troubles, to see them interact with each other, and to hear what it is they hear coming from their church. To see what they see. Then I go off to my church I sing with a whole heart, raise my hands, laugh freely, watch skits, dance, get fed, taught, humored, prayed for, corrected, - just flat out loved on. And I know those kids need that. Not just from me, but church. They need to see church. His body.

It is important for us not quench the abundance of gifts God longs to give to His people.

Please pray for Roman Catholics. And especially for the children.

-fww

Last edited:
I knew a catholic lady once who told me,
She had served the church ,allher life.was about 70 or so.And had never heard GOD!I told her to ask HIM into her heartt and mean it.She prayed with me.repented and ask the LORD into her heart .then fasted for 3 days.on the 3rd day!God spoke to her!

I am fully convinced that in my non-catholic church, there are plenty of people who are not saved. Also, there are plenty of people in the RCC who are saved. I have friends who are members of the RCC and have a personal relationship with Jesus. They also use birth control which shows that they don't find the Pope to be infallible. They are at odds with other dogma of the catholics, but enjoy the people and programs there, so they remain. It all comes down to each persons relationship, and you and I don't know that relationship. We only know our own.

That being said, the RCC seems to have more dogma and tradition in the way than most other churches. They do seem to be a little to busy looking all "fancy shmancy" durring thier rituals and traditions to bother humbleing themselves in the site of the Lord and getting outta the way so he can do some work in thier lives.

It is important though to remember that the Lord loves them just as much as any of us. And he will do so forever. It will pain his heart for even one to be cast into the unquenchable fire. Keep them all in prayer as well as anyone who is unsaved.

God bless,
Nigh

Status
Not open for further replies.