• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christian Mysticism

What is it exactly and can it be trusted?

I just read a wikipedia article about it, but I don't see anything which really explains what it is.

Is it a cult? A following away from God?

I need to know for a specific reason, so please respond.

Thank you
Faithful Son

I read that earlier, thank you sister and some stuff from John Mcarthur, saying it's wrong. Thanks

I don't know much about it - I think it is supposed to be contemplative, and has a long history dating from John of the Cross and Theresa Avila, a Carmalite.

I should think if you google it there would be a fair bit of information.

Blessings.

What is it exactly and can it be trusted?

I just read a wikipedia article about it, but I don't see anything which really explains what it is.

Is it a cult? A following away from God?

I need to know for a specific reason, so please respond.

Thank you
Faithful Son

Hi brother, trust you are ok.

'Christian Mysticism' My initial reaction would be to say that there is no such thing. I know it sounds spiritual 'Christian Mysticism' Whew

The bible gives no place to it.

It may have been around even in the days if the Early Church. When Paul visited Athens he was quite taken up with the fact that they had an idol in Athens, for every god, known at that time. And the great Apostle tactfully introduced his gospel message by observing that "they were very religeous"

He went on to teach that being very religeous was not enough.

"But God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent"

Christian Mysticism........? Such a shame that folks spend time in the pursuit of such. The bible is clear

Administrator
Staff Member
Anything outside the Bible is not from GOD, unless it is about the Bible in a positive (truthful) sense. For example, a book by Charles Stanley talking about how to have a relationship with Jesus would be truthful and from GOD.

I specifically said Charles Stanley because I'm familiar with his works as a Christian author and believe his works are Holy Spirit anointed.

Don't waste your time on Wikipedia as far as Bible related questions go. Its a public editable site.

There is much falseness out in the world of today and one must be careful. Many false Christ’s (anointed ones) have risen. We have been warned about this in scripture.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Everything needs to line up with the Word of God. There is no adding and there no taking away. The Bible is complete, from Genesis right through to Revelation. It's complete. His Word is the truth.

Is what they are doing after man or God? Test the spirits to see if they are from God or not.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

God was very happy with the people in Berea and found them very noble, because they accepted the word with all readiness of mind and searched the scriptures to see if it was so.

Act 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Last edited: