• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christian Liberality

Staff Member
Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. (Psalm 41:1)

To think about the poor and let them lie on our hearts is a Christian man’s duty; for Jesus put them with us and near us when He said, “The poor ye have always with you.”

Many give their money to the poor in a hurry, without thought; and many more give nothing at all. This precious promise belongs to those who “consider” the poor, look into their case, devise plans for their benefit, and considerately carry them out. We can do more by care than by cash, and most with two together. To those who consider the poor, the Lord promises His own consideration in times of distress. He will bring us out of trouble if we help others when they are in trouble. We shall receive very singular providential help if the Lord sees that we try to provide for others. We shall have a time of trouble, however generous we may be; but if we are charitable, we may put in a claim for peculiar deliverance, and the Lord will not deny His own word and bond. Miserly curmudgeons may help themselves, but considerate and generous believers the Lord will help. As you have done unto others, so will the Lord do unto you. Empty your pockets.

Charles Spurgeon

Loyal
To those who consider the poor, the Lord promises His own consideration in times of distress. He will bring us out of trouble if we help others when they are in trouble.
The poor need the gospel preached to them as well as charitable giving. People have need for spiritual wealth and spiritual self-help as well
as worldly assistance.
I have seen that "poor" people know how to cleverly milk the welfare system to get by... no worse than what other people do in rorting the tax system,
or whatever.
But without the Gospel the poor will always simply remain poor and in need.
Jesus is the Bread of Life.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4

Staff Member
We just have a tendency to see poverty as being associated with things of the world and not the spirit which covers all of humanity. Mankind regardless of their wealth are starving due to the lack of hearing the Gospel and responding to the Holy Spirit call upon them.

Thanks for sharing brother.

Loyal
" Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee..." Acts 3:6

We may have not money in our pockets or in a bank account, but like Peter, because we walk with the Lord, we do have something even better to give.

"Such as we have" may include money and if it does, so then use it also for God's glory, but especially use that which every true believer has...