• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Christian friends...

:wilted_ro I feel like when im not with my christian friends (mainly that go to my church), that im not being as good of a christian as i am w/ my other friends. im still being a christian, but sometimes i forget what being a christian is all about. And the other day at youth we talked about "Our House" and how Jesus should have a key to all the rooms, but i feel like there's one "key" Jesus doesnt have. And thats to the one with all my friends that arent really christians. I just need some advice or a Bible verse.

In Him ><>
Emily

Last edited:
IsHe, it sounds as if God is convicting you in this area. Christians are to be "light & salt". That means that you need to walk your Christian walk even when you are with friends who are not Christians - it means you shouldn't be swayed. They will see the love of God flow thru you as they see how much you love God - to the point where you won't compromise your convictions even for friendships.

If you find you aren't able to stand strong with your non Christian friends at this time, it may be that you need to withdraw from spending so much time (or any time at all) with them - for a season. During that season, ask that God will strengthen you to witness for Him in all occasions & all circumstances. Jesus told His disciples to go & be witnesses...we are to do the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks, that helped, one thing though, i cant, not spend time with them, they are people out at my barn and i have to go out there everyday to take care of my horses. so i dont know how i cannot spend time with them.

Then it looks as if God is nudging you to be a stronger witness for Him & to let them see your faith. He has given you the awesome job of bearing witness of Him to enable the door of their hearts to be opened to be saved. Don't be overwhelmed by this, God will do the work - you just have to be a willing vessel. That means...NO COMPROMISE. You can't do whatever it is that you feel is making you "less of a Christian" when you are around them. If it is a specific act (language, or off color jokes), you'll need to stop. It could be something of omission (not witnessing), in which case you will need to start.

God will guide you...be sure to pray each time before you are with them. And pray for them always. We'll be praying with you also.

hey em its brooke

Hey Emily,
It's Brooke .I totally understand! I'm in the same boat! Just pray to God and you make that decision.Know Im ALWAYS here for you no matter what!:love:

Brooke

IsHeInYou2010 said:
:wilted_ro I feel like when im not with my christian friends (mainly that go to my church), that im not being as good of a christian as i am w/ my other friends. im still being a christian, but sometimes i forget what being a christian is all about. And the other day at youth we talked about "Our House" and how Jesus should have a key to all the rooms, but i feel like there's one "key" Jesus doesnt have. And thats to the one with all my friends that arent really christians. I just need some advice or a Bible verse.

In Him ><>
Emily

hey em its brooke

Hey Emily~!
Im not qwite sure how to use this thingy but thanks for getting me hooked on this!
Pray to God and its your decsion weather or not to give him that key!
Brooke:love:

pretend that one of your christain freinds that you admire is with you when your with your freinds or pretend that jesus is standing next to you. Would you act the same way? I use to do the same thing and still its a battle within myself to act like i know i should around non-christains. I did what i just told you and i also keep god on my mind i read the word in the morning and sing worship and when i have that on my mind when im with them god leads me as to what to say to witness you them. Dont feel bad :D. I think your on the right track because your obviously convicted and you are seeking counsil on it soo...
keep pressing on.
-Andrea