• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Chicken Casserole with Cheesy Damper Top

Hey i found this recipe in a magazine and made it about 2 weeks ago. It was super delicious!!!
CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH CHEESY DAMPER TOP
Time required: 1hour, Serves 4
Ingredients:
Casserole:
40 grams butter
3 chicken breast fillets
1 onion chopped
250 grams diced bacon
435gram can, cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups of grated tasty cheese
300 grams sour cream
Cheese batter:
1 cup self-raising flour
2 eggs
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup of milk
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (celsius). Heat butter in a pan and lightly brown the chicken breast pieces. Add chopped onion and diced bacon to the pan and fry together for 2-3 mins.
2. Pour over the soup and stir through the cheese and sour cream. Mix, then transfer to a shallow baking dish.
3. Cheese batter: Sift flour into a bowl. Add the eggs, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and the milk. Mix until just blended. Top the casserole with the batter and bake uncovered for 30 mins. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for a further 5 mins. Serve with your favourite steamed vegetables.
- The dish freezes for up to 2 months.
Thats the recipe. But i did not follow it strictly coz i decided instead of putting the vege on the side i should put them in aswell. so i just added it when frying the casserole in the pan. It was a very good feed and we all liked it in the following days!

Eve

Sounds really nice. I don't tend to make casseroles much, so it will be interesting to try this one! Diolch

God bless,
Eve

Hey i found this recipe in a magazine and made it about 2 weeks ago. It was super delicious!!!
CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH CHEESY DAMPER TOP

My mouth waters. What are you doing living right down by there.

God Bless

Ok my brain doesnt work so well with grams can someone please translate the portions for me by cups and onces Im sorry :embarasse

It sounds so yummy

Sounds Delicious!

I must admit, that recipe sounds to be mouth watering!

But here in America, we measure out our ingredients by cups, ounces, tablespoons & teaspoons & so on.

So, unfortunately some of us are not to familiar with grams.

So, if you could, would you mind expaining to us, approximately how much is;

40 grams butter

250 grams diced bacon

435gram can, cream of chicken soup

300 grams sour cream

Please, it would be sincerely awesome if you would.
*genesis!

Thanks for the recipe. I made this for dinner last night and my family loved it. I just had to convert the measurements to ounces. So for anyone wanting to make the recipe, here are the measurements for those of you in America like me:
*about 3 tablespoons of butter
*9 ounces of bacon
*15 ounces of cream of mushroom soup
*10 ounces of sour cream

So here are some of the things I did....1. I didn't measure out the bacon...I just put in what I thought was good, and it didn't hurt. lol. 2. Instead of using 15 ounces of soup...i just put in to cans which came out to 20 ounces. It still came out great. :D 3. I also didn't have self-raising flour, so i substituted it for 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda. That worked well; I think it had the same result of the self raising flour.

This was REALLY yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe. :D